main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

M. Night Shyamalan's The Last Airbender

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Miana Kenobi, Dec 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fel_Freak228

Fel_Freak228 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 23, 2007
    Yeah, promo pics and teaser won't come out till end of June. I'm betting the teaser will be shown before Transformers 2. I'd go to the theaters just to see the teaser!!8-}

2. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Eh, I don't think they'll have a teaser until the end of the year or beginning of next year. Filming just started last month; no way they'd have enough shot/editing by then. I might be wrong though. ;)

3. Fel_Freak228

Nov 23, 2007
    Frank Marshall, one of the producers, said on his Twitter that the teaser will come out end of June.

Plus TLA is coming out on July 2 '10 and for big name movies short teasers normally come out a year beforehand. June isn't for two months, a lot could get done in that time.

4. Merlin_Ambrosius69

Merlin_Ambrosius69 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 4, 2008
    And anyway, teasers usually consist of a bit of text narration set to atmospheric music, a few dailies from the film, and the title rendered in a nifty-looking font with lights shooting out of it. COMING NEXT SUMMER.

They really don't need much "in the can" to throw this much our way.

5. Fel_Freak228

Nov 23, 2007
    I wouldn't mind if it was a really short not-show-very-much teaser. I'd be happy just with a picture of Noah.:)

6. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Frank said that the cast photos will be coming out in June as well.

7. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    And a confirmation that the teaser will be attached to Transformers 2.

8. I-poodoo

I-poodoo Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2001
    I was really enthusiastic about this...now I just don't know.
    I don't want to be reactionary to some of the decisions made...but I just don't know about this movie anymore.
    I'm gonna try and wait till I see what they're doing before judging them...but I just don't know.

9. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Frank Marshall announced on his Twitter that June 24th is trailer day. It's about 100 seconds long.

Also, it appears James Newton Howard is going to be scoring the film. Not sure if I'm happy about this or not.

10. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
  11. Merlin_Ambrosius69

Aug 4, 2008
    It looks like fun. (I know nothing about the show except what I've read here and there.) Shyamalan is a huge talent who's let his own unusual ideas steer him away from public and critical acceptance. I think this movie and/or trilogy will restore his status as one of the greats of his generation.

12. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Aang doesn't look too bad. He looks way younger than I thought, but then again, Aang's supposed to.

I'm kinda sad that they didn't shave Dev's head.

13. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    A full-body Zuko shot came out.

[image=http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x15/rufftoon/untitled.jpg]

It shows that the scar's there, just very toned down. And the helmets are crazy channeling Riders of Rohan (or maybe that's where Zuko's topknot went?)

14. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Frank Marshall posted on his twitter: See TLA teaser trailer exclusively on Entertainment Tonight, Monday, June 22.

15. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    Looking foward to this show. I really liked the cartoon. My wife liked it too.

16. Chipster92

Chipster92 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 22, 2008
    Hey! I know I haven't been here in a long time, but I came back to show you guys.... The TEASER TRAILER!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvLUrF3ItGQ

Honestly, I like what I see. I was a huge fun of the show and even though some people have issues with the casting and whether or not M.Night will be able to pull it off, I'm being optimistic. From the look's of it, this could be the movie that puts M. Night back to his former glory(back when he did "The Sixth Sense", Unbreakable", and "Signs"). The kid playing Aang seems to have his martial arts stuff down to a T, so I'm not worried about that(let's just hope he can act), and I liked Dev Patel in "Slumdog Millionaire"(but then again, I loved every single part of that movie), so I think he'll do a good job as Zuko. The only ones I'm slightly wary of are Jackson Rathbone as Sokka(never saw Twilight and don't plan to) and Nicola Peltz as Katara(never seen her in any movie at all), but maybe they'll be good as well. The CGI effects look awesome! Another win for ILM!! And the music was great, I think I heard that James Newton Howard composed music specifically for the teaser, so I bet he'll do a great job with the music for the entire movie. Dinosaur and King Kong '05 are two of my favorite film scores from him.

17. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    That looks so awesome. I can't wait to see this on the big screen tomorrow night.

I actually don't really worry about Jackson as Sokka so much. He didn't do much in the Twilight movies, but if you ever watch some of the behind the scenes interviews, the man talks and acts like Sokka naturally. I'm hoping that he's going to be my favorite part of the movie. :D

18. Sven_Starcrown

Sven_Starcrown Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 10, 2009
    Zuko looks terribly weak at that picture.

19. Merlin_Ambrosius69

Aug 4, 2008
    I know next to nothing about the series, but I have to admit that trailer gave me chills. That movie looks freaking AWESOME. =D=

20. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    Wow! That was great!

21. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    He's walking. I'll pass judgment when I actually see him do something. [face_laugh].

22. goraq

goraq Jedi Youngling star 4

May 15, 2008
    [image=http://mothsmokelingers.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/full-metal-jacket-6.jpeg]

Walk like a man Zuko!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

23. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
  24. Quiet_Mandalorian

Quiet_Mandalorian Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2005
    [image=http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2009/20090624.jpg]

Tycho is my hero. :p

25. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    I can confirm that. I saw Revenge of the Fallen last night. I've not seen the TV show, but when the trailer consists of a 12 year-old surrounded by a huge fleet of warships with a definet steampunk flavour, I'm automatically interested.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.