main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mace Cheated

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by The_General_Grievous, Mar 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LordBlack

LordBlack Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2005
    Its not cheating. GG has can use 4 lightsabers, is that cheating? No. Different strokes :p
    Although it makes you think, why didnt any jedi Vader hunted down do the same thing to his breathing apperatus and cripple him to gain advantage?

2. IceDrake523

IceDrake523 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 25, 2004
    Vader killed most of them before he donned the suit. And even still, he probably didn't give them a chance to attack him.

3. MasterKazur

MasterKazur Jedi Youngling star 3

May 13, 2004
    Mace did indeed defeat General Greivous in LOE.

4. Jango_Bebop

Jango_Bebop Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 2004
    Its because Vader has use of the force and Grievous doesn't. If someone tried to crush/break Vader's suit he could use the force to keep everything in place, like two people pushing against eachother but neither is moving.

The only think that Vader is harmed by is force lightning which disrupts the electronics in the suit. And as we all know there is only one person in the galaxy who has that power.

Oh, and it was cool to see where Grievous gets his hacking cough.

5. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I thought Grievous hacked all over the place just so he could spread germs.

I mean, isn't that such a great touch for an evil villain? He hacks gooey green phlegm on people and they die of sickness. Or grossness.

6. The_General_Grievous

The_General_Grievous Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2005
  7. darthnick11

darthnick11 Guest

i think its fair....

do i have a reason: no.

But it would've been cool to see him actually kill Grievous, but of course we couldn't have that. ;)

8. wicket1138

wicket1138 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 10, 2002
    The only think that Vader is harmed by is force lightning which disrupts the electronics in the suit. And as we all know there is only one person in the galaxy who has that power.
    W-wait... what? I think that was a slip... or you didn't see Episode II... only 2 people have force lightning? You might also mean that there is only one person at the time of RotJ who has the power... just thought I'd make that clear. But accepting EU, plenty of people have the power.

9. Tabula Rasa

Tabula Rasa Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 8, 1998
    if they hade a lightsaber fight grievous would have killed mace.

Don't bet on it.

The inflicted chest damage was required in order for the cartoon to tie in to Revenge of the Sith more seemlessly.

10. DarthPyre

DarthPyre Jedi Youngling

Mar 27, 2005
    The whole thing is open for debate obviously, and even within the story we see various ways of looking at the Jedi and their beliefs. "Knowledge and defense" could certainly be taken as a purely pacifist stance. Or it could mean that a Jedi would only use his saber for attack, and use his powers to defend himself and others. It could be taken to mean that a Jedi will not start a fight, but is permitted to use his abilities to end it. I'd say Mace falls into the latter category, and I'd be willing to bet that every Jedi believes in this edict, but follows it in his or her own way.

11. DarthZemog

DarthZemog Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    All's fair in love and war! ;)

Besides, show of hands who thinks Greivous would honor any rules of engagement? Puhlease!

I watched that one a couple of times now and Mace does try to bring the ship down after his unsuccessful leap. The ship's boosters kick in or something just as Mace gestures to gain control of it. He then turns and looks all pissed. I have no doubt that he could have brought that thing down with the Force like it was nothing.

My question is why didn't the General kill Shaak Ti?

12. Kad

Kad Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 10, 2005
    The General does have a code of honor, and even considers letting people live if they've shown exceptional bravery or put up a good fight against him.

Besides...I think letting her live with her failure of how she failed the Republic is worse than killing her.

13. wicket1138

Mar 10, 2002
    All's fair in love and war!
    So why didn't the Jedi just force choke their enemies to death and fry everyone with force lightning? Also, genocide wouldn't be a bad thing then, would it?

Our ethics in wartime say much about our true nature.

Besides, show of hands who thinks Greivous would honor any rules of engagement? Puhlease!
    In all honesty I think that he would be honorable for several reasons, evidence provided specifically from the toons. First of all, he offers to grant the Jedi a warrior's death, and comes to confront them alone rather than simply having his army massacre them as they could easily have done. He is also a student of Dooku, and Dooku, even though dark, seems to follow these rules as well and is thought by many (not Jedi, Star Wars viewers) to be an honorable fighter. Just because he is bad/evil does not believe he wouldn't follow the rules of engagement. The only thing at all that I have seen to make me doubt that he would follow such a code of conduct is the conclusion of the first issue of the current Grievous comic series, which is quite ambiguous on whether or not he slaughters a group of younglings.

Besides...I think letting her live with her failure of how she failed the Republic is worse than killing her.
    To support this idea I submit the following quote. "I have failed. Grievous... he took Palpatine. Moudama and Corobb fought well, but Grievous was too strong. He took their lightsabers and the Chancellor and left in his ship. The general wanted the Jedi to know what he'd done. That's the only reason I'm alive."

14. Arch_Clone_Trooper

Arch_Clone_Trooper Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    i liked it how it showed how GG isnt invinsible and could be hurt which means he can be killed and wat would u do if u were mace and GG was flying away in his ship would u stand there or try to hit him with the force. I think it should of done a close up with GG barley able to breathe that would be better but shoulda woulda coulda.

15. wicket1138

Mar 10, 2002
    i liked it how it showed how GG isnt invinsible and could be hurt which means he can be killed and wat would u do if u were mace and GG was flying away in his ship would u stand there or try to hit him with the force. I think it should of done a close up with GG barley able to breathe that would be better but shoulda woulda coulda.
    I'm having some difficulty understanding you, but will try my best. First of all, we've already been shown that Grievous isn't 'invincible'. He can be defeated. There is also no reason to think he can't be killed. Grievous WASN'T flying away, which was an earlier point. He was on the ramp, preparing to engage, not flying away. And they did do pretty much a closeup of Grievous where he was 'barely' able to breathe. The point was made clearly enough.

16. Cyclone

Cyclone Jedi Master star 1

Apr 29, 1999
    So will GG carry this injury into the begining of EP III?

17. wicket1138

Mar 10, 2002
    So will GG carry this injury into the begining of EP III?
    Technically any answer to that question would be considered a spoiler and edited. But I'm pretty sure that you can guess the answer.

18. plo_koom

plo_koom Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 26, 2002
    Really, then why haven't I seen any evidence of this outcome from any pictures I've seen?

19. Boola Cronk

Boola Cronk Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 5, 1999
    If its posted for all to see on TFN I dont believe it to be a spoiler but I guess it depends on the person so I wont post the answer here. But if you go to Feburary's news archive and look at the article "Grievous Finds his voice" taken from the Homing Beacon #128, it describes the sound of his voice. Can't wait to hear what he sounds like on film. For the record, Clone Wars ties into EP3 seamlessly.

20. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    ^^^
    and THAT is the way one posts information without posting spoilers.

21. DarthZemog

DarthZemog Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    So why didn't the Jedi just force choke their enemies to death and fry everyone with force lightning? Also, genocide wouldn't be a bad thing then, would it?

Genocide? First off the JedI do have a strong moral code, a ?Geneva Convention? if you will. So frying everything with Force Lightening and what not would be actions of a SITH not a Jedi. What I meant by my light hearted comment is that Mace using the Force to cripple Grievous violates no article of war or the Jedi?s code. He was using to the Force as a tool to slow his enemy down enough to save the Chancellor. Do you think he couldn?t have just killed the General at will? Of course he could, but he just wounded him.

Our ethics in wartime say much about our true nature.

And someone?s lack of ethics also speaks volumes!

In all honesty I think that he would be honorable for several reasons, evidence provided specifically from the toons. First of all, he offers to grant the Jedi a warrior's death, and comes to confront them alone rather than simply having his army massacre them as they could easily have done. He is also a student of Dooku, and Dooku, even though dark, seems to follow these rules as well and is thought by many (not Jedi, Star Wars viewers) to be an honorable fighter. Just because he is bad/evil does not believe he wouldn't follow the rules of engagement.

Puhlease! A warriors death! Okay. Death is death, whether it comes from him or thousands of droids. If anything he was mocking them, saying you?re gonna die anyway, but if it?s any comfort I?ll be the one killing you! Also being a student of someone doesn?t make you them. Just because Dooku is an honorable man, I see no evidence that Grievous is. Lets be real, the guy?s part machine and part organic, by his choice! That doesn?t seem the action of a person in touch with reality or ethics. I mean having a prosthesis to replace a missing limb, is completely different from electing to fully alter your form to ?improve? it. That reaks of vanity and a superiority or ?God like? complex. I also think that being a SITH, honor and ethics take a back seat to the pursuit of power. So Dooku is far from honorable.

The General does have a code of honor, and even considers letting people live if they've shown exceptional bravery or put up a good fight against him.

Considers letting people live? You said it yourself the only reason she was alive was to humiliate her! He didn?t spare her.

22. joelwatts

joelwatts Jedi Youngling

Mar 17, 2005
    Did anyone else think that GG's voice sounded a bit like Vader's, especially the way he spoke?

23. wicket1138

Mar 10, 2002
  24. lordmorpheus

lordmorpheus Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    man, i loved this week's clone wars cartoons. havent seen the first 20 chaps but if they are anywhere near as good as these, i am game!!!! anyhow, LFL needs to give these guys license to do more stories...this was the bomb.

windu on grievous? hey, sesperate times call for desperate measures...he merely incapacitated the general which would have aided in his entrance into the ship had it not taken off so soon, AND when ki adi mundi reported back to the council on the exploits of the general, CERTAINLY he said, "Be careful....dude got skills!!!"

BUT, watching shaak ti in action against the body guards was awesome.

25. Jango_Bebop

Jango_Bebop Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 2004
    My bad wicket; I was referring to the Emporer. Dooku isn't around in the OT to zap suited Vader and I really wasn't taking EU into consideration because I am not that familiar with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.