main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mace Goes for the Kill: Legal???

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Jabba-wocky, May 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sithrules70

sithrules70 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    are we really discussing if mace knew that palps was a stih or not ??:oops:

1- red lightsaber = sith lord.

2- count dooku dead = only sidious alive.

3- lightning = sith lord.

if there are any people who say that mace didnt know i think this is one of the few occasions that i can simply say you are wrong

2. Master_Shaitan

Master_Shaitan Jedi Master star 5

Dec 31, 2004
    No, we are discussing whether he knew Sidious was truly beaten or not.

The book suggests that Mace thought he had won, ETC.

It says, "Victory flooded through Mace's aching body".

For me, the book shows that Mace thought Sidious was down and out.

3. sithrules70

May 28, 2005
    sidious wan beaten.no anakin means bye bye palpatine.

4. EwokThatCried

EwokThatCried Jedi Padawan star 4

May 22, 2003
    Mace was victorious. It doesn't mean Palpatine was no longer a danger. He says so himself - "He's too dangerous to be left alive."

5. voodoopuuduu

voodoopuuduu Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 22, 2004
    I kind of wonder why Palps didnt use a force push on Mace (on the window ledge) instead of force lightning. Or a combo of both.

6. sithrules70

May 28, 2005
    where is the fun in a force push ??? he HAD to torture mace before killing him[face_devil]

7. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    It was torture, but it was also gloating. That's why he says "Power! Unlimited power!" the way he does. It's his way of telling Mace that the Dark Side has won. It's stronger than him. It has only one thing to offer and that's power.

8. sithrules70

May 28, 2005
    the devil face implied sarcasm....but we agree,of course he is gloating..he is pratcicly laughing his butt off.

9. yoshifett

yoshifett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 17, 2004
    This is from the making of book, I don't know if it's been brought up in this thread yet, but it seems to imply that arresting Palpatine would have been the proper, if not legal, course of action on the part of Mace.

"But Mace was going to arrest Palpatine," Knoll says, "and a few moments later he says that Palpatine's too dangerous to live. What happened?"

Lucas replies "Mace was going to do the right thing by arresting him, but after Palpatine does the lightning, he changes his mind."

So Mace was going to "do the right thing" by arresting Palpatine, but changes his mind and decides to kill Palpatine after the lightning.

10. Rossa83

Rossa83 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2005
    I was just thinking about the Seperatits in TPM: "Is that legal, mylord?" Sideous: "I will make it legal" - sort of what Mace did, Ironic, isn't it[face_laugh]

11. Eire

Eire Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 16, 2005
    He didn't want to kill only arrest Palpatine. When Palpi attacked he started defenced himself.

12. MacetheCouncillor

MacetheCouncillor Jedi Master star 3

Dec 4, 2003
    Yes, it is illegal, but it is a moot point. The Rebel alliance is illegal, too. It is those in power who define the legality of actions in situations like these.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.