main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mace VS Dooku

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by effortless_skill, Jul 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. effortless_skill

effortless_skill Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    in the yoda thread i see people giving props to dooku for his skills and a few have steped up for mace windu, i personaly feel mace windu would smash dooku like a bug in a light saber duel .so i will puth thier lightsaber forms in this post and see who do people think is the better fighter .

form 2 (dooku's form)
    the ultimate refinement of lightssaber to lightsaber combat became form 2,advancing the precision of blade manipulation to its finest possible degree and producing the greatest dueling masters teh galaxy has ever seen . today form 2 is an archaism studied by almost no one in teh jedi orde ,because it is not relevent to current tactical sitiuations ,in which jedi enemies rarley fight with a lihtsaber ,even with resurgence of teh sith conforntaion of an enemy with a lightsaber is exceedingly rare prospect for a jedi,so they continue to focus on more practical forms ,sith expecting to battle with light saber weilding jedi however find form 2 a powerful technique.

form 7(mace windu)

only high level masters of multiple forms can acheive and control as form 7 .this is most difficult and demading of all forms ,but it can lead to fantastic power and skill form 7 employs bold ,direct movements ,more open and kinectic than form 5
    but not so elaborate in appearence as form 4 in addition to very advanced force assisted jumps and movements form 7 tactics over whelm opponets wit seemingly unconnect stacco sequences ,aking teh form highly unpredictable in battle thsi trait makes for a much more difficult execution than te graceful linked moves of form 4 form 7 requires the inmtensity of 5 but much greater nergy since that focus is wielded more broadly. form 7 draws upon a deeper well of emotion than form 5 ,yet masters it more fully teh outward bearing of a form 7 practioner is one of calm ,but teh inner pressure verges on explosion form 7 is still under development ,since so few can achieve the necessary mastery to advance the art .,
    this spirtually dangerous regimen cuts perilosly close to teh sith intensity of focus on physical comabt abilty .mace windu is one of the only current practioners of form 7

2. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    I wish they would have battled in AOTC when Mace confronted him, but we will never know unless Ep.III shows a duel, (which may happen). I think Mace would fight him to a standstill, but i think Lucas will have him die and then Anikan comes in and kills Tyrannus

3. DarthDork

DarthDork Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 24, 2002
    I really don't see how anyone can watch Mace in the arena, then Dooku vs everybody, and come to the conclusion that Mace could take Dooku.

4. effortless_skill

Mar 27, 2003
    first off dooku took on a padawan then a jedi knight ob1 is not a master in aotc. but from the little stuff that mace windu showed me he could shine the floor with dooku .plus i mean look at his lightsaber skill the guy created it .i would not want to battle a form 7 master unless i was one .

to me it looked like dooku wanted no parts of mace he could have fought him on the balcony but he ran just like when he fought yoda while dooku may be a good fighter deep down he is a punk

5. masterPloKoon-6981

masterPloKoon-6981 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 7, 2002
    mace was too busy leading the clone troopers...i'd rather see yoda on a tauntaun...cn...

6. DARTH_ABBADON

DARTH_ABBADON Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 9, 2002
    Pfft, Dooku would wipe the floor with Mace.

7. effortless_skill

Mar 27, 2003
    dooku wears orthopedic shoes come on [face_laugh]

8. Devilanse

Devilanse Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2002
    first off dooku took on a padawan then a jedi knight ob1 is not a master in aotc.

Is that why Yoda...the leading member of the Jedi council, addresses Obi-Wan as Master Obi-Wan at the end of AOTC?

I don't think Dooku was just boasting when he said he's become more powerful than any jedi has.

9. effortless_skill

Mar 27, 2003
    they called him master through out the movie he was refered to as one, because he had a padawan. ob1 was not a jedi master in aotc

10. DARTH_ABBADON

DARTH_ABBADON Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 9, 2002
    Dooku's still a better swordsman than Windu.

11. Devilanse

Devilanse Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2002
    They don't call you master unless you are one.

12. UCLAJediMaster

UCLAJediMaster Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 2001
    they call him master as a title of respect...

you dont officially become a master until you have trained a padawan that has sucessfully passed the trials.

i think that Master is used like we do Mr. or if you are in college then you know that teachers are called Proffesors... when actually proffessor is a rank of teach and MOST teachers in college are actually either lecturers or associate proffessors and very few teachers are actually true Profs... yet we call them all Profs out of respect and for simplicity.

13. SaberGiiett7

SaberGiiett7 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 2, 2002
    "you dont officially become a master until you have trained a padawan that has successfully passed the trials."

I remember numerous sources mentioning that the title of Jedi Master can also be achieved through being a tremendously accomplished Jedi Knight, for example; Jorus C'baoth from the Zahn Trilogy. :)

You can smack a EU = uncanon argument down if you feel like it. [face_mischief]

As for the issue at hand, I'm actually quite sure Darth Tyrannus could defeat Mace Windu in a lightsaber duel, although they both appear generally equally matched judgeing from what was depicted in AOTC.

Windu's style seems more overwhelmingly offensive oriented and that parrying and matching grace with Dooku would pose a challenge. Factor in Dooku's weapon is specificly designed for dueling and you'll have the result.

Although this duel would be visually spectacular I think Dooku's finesse would be too much for the brute Windu to handle.

<[-]> Saber

14. Jedi_Lord_Windu

Jedi_Lord_Windu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 21, 2003
    oh come on, effortless skill has this 1 right, mace mops floor with dooku, although this argument is kind of tivial right now, as we've never seen mace fight anyone with a lightsaber, but since he is the senior member of the jedi council, he is more than likely, far superior to obi wan and anakin during aotc

15. DarthOzzy_SithRule

DarthOzzy_SithRule Jedi Youngling star 1

May 28, 2003
    Dooku is the man! He would f@ck Mace up his form 2 is much more graceful the Maces style. I think it would be a great fight but Dooku would defenetly beat him. Yoda couldn't even get a hit in on Dooku. Yoda could have ended the war before it began. I think and hope Dooku will be the one to do Mace in, AOTC defently set the stage for a Dooku vs Mace fight and I think it would a very high point of the film. It would be cool if they fought on the battlefield as the last battle of the clone wars was going on, droids and clones blowing apart left and right as Dooku and Mace hammer each other back and forth, with Dooku chopping Maces head off in the end.

Sith Rule!!

Jedi suck D@ck

16. Joey-WanKenobi

Joey-WanKenobi Jedi Master star 2

Jan 7, 2002
    Ummmm...ok.

Did you mean duck?

17. TheWombat

TheWombat Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2002
    Hey DarthOzzy_SithRule, when you mask swearing, you're supposed to hide every letter, according to TOS. Just to let you know so you don't end up getting a ban.

Your friendly neighborhood Wombat.

18. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Bah, Dooku would mop the floor with Mace. No evidentiary posting needed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.