main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Mace Windu ALIVE!!!...according to Samuel L. Jackson anyway

Discussion in 'Literature' started by PimpBacca, Jun 29, 2016.

1. SheaHublin

SheaHublin Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 15, 2008
    I've always taken it for granted that Windu DID survive- after all, no body, no death.

Perhaps another here will like this, so I'll relate a bit of my own head-canon of the EU: Empatojayos Brand is Mace Windu's tribal name from Haruun Kal, and was used by him as a cover/undercover name for various missions in the course of the Clone Wars. It always seemed somewhat unfitting that "mere" Knight was the one who took out Palps for good in Empire's End- and once the PT was finished it really did seem as if Mace should have managed to survive and finally help end Palps on Onderon.

2. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Legends Mace is Floating Robot Potato Guy?

[​IMG]

I actually really like that! At least it makes me care for Potato Guy.

SheaHublin likes this.
  3. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    well Mace Is a super powerful Jedi, If anyone can survive getting Force Electrocuted and pushed out a window and fall hundreds of stories to the ground he can;) but seriously I can buy that he survived it, also I forgot lightsabre chopped off his arm and hand. If they made a Mace Movie that takes place after Episode 3 during the time of the Empire they can ad a flash back scene to show how he survived it.

SheaHublin likes this.
  4. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    I have discussed the idea of him surviving with people since 2005, but there is one thing about that...

I want him to give into his dark tendencies. Not fully, perhaps, but I want an angry and raged filled Mace to be what we see. A near mad one.

Something that I think would be up Jackson's alley.

SheaHublin and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  5. SheaHublin

SheaHublin Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 15, 2008
    Like this one:

]

6. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    Because I said this earlier ;

A fall from a Skyscraper with the addition of his arm and Force lightning injuries... Yeah, that would be the cheating the death.

7. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014

he is a powerful Jedi, anything is possible.

8. Erkan12

Nov 27, 2013
    That is not the point. The point is that Jedi never tries to cheat the death, powerful or not. Unless you say that's not the cheating the death, which I would disagree.

9. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    ...I'm sorry, what? So it's okay for Mace to defend himself when Sidious attacks him with a lightsaber, but being thrown out the window means he should just give up and die?

SpecForce Trooper likes this.
  10. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014

surviving a fall is not cheating death, was it cheating death when Luke fell down the shaft thing in Cloud City in Empire? a lot of what the Jedi preached in The Prequels went out the window when There order fell in ROTS what Yoda preached in The OT and The Prequels were two different visions.

I would also say being a big time actor SLG might have some clout enough to sway the powers that be to do a movie Post ROTS, but personally I would rather have an Obi Wan Movie with Ewan McGregor, but supposing they make an Obi Wan Movie maybe they can do a Mace Windu Indroduction Like the rumored Han Solo Cameo in Rogue One and then they could make Mace Windu movies?

SheaHublin likes this.
  11. Erkan12

Nov 27, 2013
    Except that's not a regular fall. I hope you're seeing this ;

[​IMG]

Luke was able to survive in ESB because there was an opening portal in that long shaft, what Mace will hold on to surviving a fall from a skyscraper with one hand only? Especially right after taking on Palpatine's deadly Force lightning attack?

12. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014

Again he is a A powerful Jedi If say, I fell that far down I would Die but he Is a powerful Jedi, may be he did not fall all the way down and landed on a platform or moving vehicle Didn't Anakin basically do the same thing Jumping out of that Yellow Speeder?

13. Erkan12

Nov 27, 2013
    Oh you wouldn't just die, it would be much worse than that considering the height of that skyscraper. This is not some random building.

True, Anakin and Obi-Wan did that, but with the condition of ;
    - Preparing themselves for catching a vehicle before the jump.
    - Without any significant injury.

Mace Windu however, wasn't ready for catching a vehicle in the sky and he was heavily wounded from both his hand (which would make it much harder for him to catch a vehicle in the middle of the fall) and he was electrocuted by Palpatine, probably lost his consciousness or even worse before the fall. (remember Anakin's condition after Dooku's lightning attack in AotC, and Palpatine's lightning is much more powerful than that)

[​IMG]

Again, I am not saying Mace Windu can't return, I am just saying this is not something you can survive without the cheating the death, and if Mace returns he wouldn't be a Jedi for that reason, he would be a Dark Sider.

Master_Rebado likes this.
  14. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    This "cheating the death" argument is just nonsensical. Yes, it's quite a fall - a "no one could survive that" fall. But this idea that it would be evil for Mace to try to survive is just completely misinterpreting what the Jedi view of death is.

BobaMatt and Revanfan1 like this.
  15. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005

Time to make like an Organa and . . . .

[​IMG]

You've single handedly redeemed this thread.

Ha.

Single handedly.

[​IMG]

SheaHublin, BigAl6ft6 and Kylun like this.
  16. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014

Oh I have thought of the Injury factor and not being prepared for the fall like Anakin and Luke respectively but I just feel if anyone can survive a fall like that it would be a powerful Jedi. What It Is going to come down to Is can SLJ convince Disney to make a a Mace Windu film and bring his character back that remains to be seen?

17. jakobitis89

jakobitis89 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2015
    No he won't, because Disney right now are pretty much focussed entirely on the OT-era and what came afterwards or if we include Rebels, literally just before it. That's not really a criticism, it's just keeping a bit of synergy and tight focus instead of having authors running around playing in different sandpits, which is understandable even if you don't much care for it. IF Mace survived in any shape to do anything, he either failed or was dead (again?) by the time of A New Hope. There is no chance that Grand Master Yoda would not realise his friend and peer was still around, nor that Darth Sidious would be cool with letting the one man to beat him in a fight kick around the galaxy fighting evil unopposed.

spicer likes this.
  18. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I think the general notion of Mace being underground at Courscant, so deep underground nobody knows he's there, they can move a potential Mace Windu is Alive movie up to the time of the OT.

19. Fiannawolf

Fiannawolf Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 11, 2015
    Stranger things have happened in the Galaxy Far Far Away.

20. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    Are we really arguing about whether someone can survive improbably in Star Wars?

SheaHublin likes this.
  21. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Hey guys you know what time it is? I know what time it is.

Don't despair SLJ we got this. We got this covered man. We are Star Wars and we got a history in this biz. I mean look at all my experience man I've been like 10+ years on this job. KEEPING THE DREAM ALIVE MAN! ALIIIIIVE!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    [​IMG]

Yeah SLJ just you wait long enough. To cheat death is a power only one has achieved, but if we work together, I know we can Mace back. You just gotta believe man!

22. Erkan12

Nov 27, 2013
    No, we're arguing that even Force users can't survive the extreme conditions without the power of the Dark Side, the Dark Side that some consider to be unnatural.

23. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    "Arguing"

24. Nom von Anor

Nom von Anor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2012
    Mace Windu should help Boba Fett get out of the Sarlacc in the new canon. Not once, but three different times.

25. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    Right, but in the long history of Star Wars stories, that's never been the case. In fact, it's not even the case among characters not strong in the Force. I don't think Mace Windu is alive, but I don't think "no one could survive that without the dark side" is a strong case to be made in Star Wars.