main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Mace Windu and the purple lightsaber

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by thebee, May 18, 2016.

1. thebee

thebee Jedi Youngling

Jan 12, 2016
    When one Sith Lord dies, it is up to the remaining one to find himself an apprentice. I believe that before Anakin had been identified by Palpatine as a potentially powerful Sith Lord, Mace Windu was to be the next Sith Lord. He could have been chosen by either Dooku or Palpatine himself.

Now, why I say this, is that Mace Windu, while seemingly reserved and controlled while sitting on the Jedi Council, is pretty dark and calculating, wanting to control young Skywalker. Earlier on in Episode 3, Palpatine tells Anakin "[Dooku] is too powerful to be left alive". Mace Windu says the exact same thing to Anakin as he attacks Palpatine. He is willing to take a life, meaning he can tap into the dark side.

And, I think the colour of his lightsaber is a clue that he is half way to the dark side. The Jedi use a blue lightsaber, while the Sith use red. When you combine the two colours, you get purple.

Anyway, this is nothing but a wild theory... Everyone says Snoke is Plagueis. But, what if he is Mace Windu?

2. Darth DoJ

Darth DoJ Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 13, 2016
    I don't buy it per se but I do actually really like the idea that Snoke is Windu...

3. Plainview

Plainview Jedi Knight star 1

May 14, 2016
    This idea is pretty ludicrous... I mean I see your train of thought but how do you explain the change in accent?

thejeditraitor likes this.
  4. thebee

thebee Jedi Youngling

Jan 12, 2016
    Accents change all the time. Princess Leia has a British accent in the first film, and American in TFA.

5. Plainview

Plainview Jedi Knight star 1

May 14, 2016
    As an Englishman, she sounds entirely American to me in ANH. "Accents change all the time" isn't an explanation, either in universe or out. Windu's saber was purple because that's Jackson's favourite colour, and he requested it so he could spot himself in the battle scenes of AOTC. You'd also have to explain how he survived a very convincing looking death, and regrew an arm. Even if all that were the case, what is the motivation for a character like Windu to become a darksider and build The First Order? It makes no sense. Snoke doesn't even look remotely like Mace.

If Snoke is Windu I'll eat my own head.

6. Darth DoJ

Darth DoJ Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 13, 2016
    In ANH, Leia and Vader have a transatlantic American accent - It's an accent, like "received pronunciation" that is taught, and, to the best of my limited knowledge, it used to be the American equivalent of the "BBC" accent, which is supposed to be considered clear and neutral to people of all regions, and a lot of the vowel and R sounds are similar to those used in Boston or the south of England, meaning that it would be clear over in the UK, too, hence the term transatlantic. I might not have all of the facts right, I read about it on Wikipedia years ago but that's what I recall about it, and that's the accent that JEJ and Carrie were using on ANH. It wasn't an English (or "British") accent.

Sarge likes this.
  7. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I definitely do not think Snoke is Windu, and I don't think there is an in-universe explanation for the light saber color. OOU, Samuel L. Jackson agreed to be in the films if he got a purple light saber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deliveranze and Darth DoJ like this.
  8. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    That was not a condition to be in the films. He only asked if he could have a purple lightsaber during principal photography of AotC and Lucas conceded.

Deliveranze and thejeditraitor like this.
  9. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I stand corrected. The overall point was that the color was a Jackson request.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deliveranze and Alexrd like this.
  10. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    lightsaber color has nothing to do with anything. mace was not in tune with the dark side and he died a hero of the jedi.

11. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Ubraniff Zalkaz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2014
    Snoke's hands don't like prosthetics and Windu had his arms cut off.

12. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Only the right hand.

13. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Ubraniff Zalkaz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2014
    But we see Snoke's right hand in TFA and it looks like his original hand.

14. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Not arguing that.

Snokers likes this.