main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mace Windu EU Fan Club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Blu-Bladed-Jedi, Oct 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blu-Bladed-Jedi

Blu-Bladed-Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    I saw some other fan clubs here and thought Mace was worhty of one (if there already is one then point me to it) It will be a place to discuss Mace and the stories and events in EU.

Those who want to join just post and we can begin

2. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I'll go ahead and post ...

I haven't gotten to read Shatterpoint yet, but it's 100% on my wish list.

I thought Mace Windu's power was really shown a lot better in the CW Cartoon than it was in the movies. There didn't seem to be anything special about him in the movies, like there was with Obi, Anakin, and Yoda, but in the Cartoon CW Mace is clearly more powerful and has different powers than what others show. I realize that the CW Cartoon is "exaggerated Canon", but still, even with everyone else exaggerated, Mace looks like a much more powerful Jedi than most others (save Yoda, Obi, and Anakin)

3. Blu-Bladed-Jedi

Jul 20, 2005
    I totally agree...the movies down play him a little bit...he completely dominates in CW and Shatterpoint...i recommend all mace windu fans or those curious about amce to read shatterpoint...by far my favorite EU book...it truly diplays his power.

4. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I thought in the movies, he came off as an overconfident Jedi, with no reason to back it up.

After seeing him in action in CW Volume 1, I can see why he can back it up.

5. Blu-Bladed-Jedi

Jul 20, 2005
    Very true...i love when he loses his lightsaber and just pulls of a ton of sweet force moves. And in the movies i dont know if it was overconfidence but assurance with what he could do...the movies just never fully showed that.

6. Blu-Bladed-Jedi

Jul 20, 2005
    Has anyone else read shatterpoint? Probably my favorite EU novel i have read.

7. darthmohican

darthmohican Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2005
    no but i wish to read it eventually..how is it?

8. Blu-Bladed-Jedi

Jul 20, 2005
    It is really good...it captures Mace's personality and how he reacts to different situations...it has a lot of twists and turns.

9. darthmohican

May 5, 2005
    Kool...is that the one where Depa goes into like a vegetable like state?

10. Blu-Bladed-Jedi

Jul 20, 2005
    Yes..i would tell you more but if you ahvent read it i wouldnt like to spoil it.

11. windu25

windu25 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 24, 2005
    I have Shatterpoint on CD (5 Discs) and it's for sale
    if anyone wants it.

It's a great book, listened to on my way to work.

12. JacenKatarnC3PX

JacenKatarnC3PX Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2005
    Ehhh, I like Mace. But the only prob I have with him is not really him, but some ignorant fans. I hate when people take from the books that he is the best lightsaber fighter, when he really isn't. Yoda could woop him with only one hand, but some fans refuse to realize this. But Mace is second best (not including Obi-Wan and Anakin). I too liked Shatterpoint. But he seemed to come off a bit weak when he fought that other guy. The bad guy. And the bad guy seemeed to be, well, too powerful.

13. Blu-Bladed-Jedi

Jul 20, 2005
    Well i see your point of ignorant Mace fans...i will admit to be one...but i think that is partially caused by everyone hating upon mace. Remember though...part of him getting beat by the bad guy was strategy. And well...you know what happens at the end.

14. darthmohican

May 5, 2005
    Who was the bad guy in the book?

15. windu25

Jul 24, 2005
    The bad guy "Kar Vastar" (Not sure of the spelling), was physically stronger
    than Mace but once Mace used the force he easily took him down. Mace really didn't want to hurt him to begin with, he just wanted Depa back. Also Kar and Mace were the last of the Windu line.

16. JacenKatarnC3PX

JacenKatarnC3PX Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2005
    Ya, but raw power is nothing without discipline. You can see that easily in the battle with Anakin and Obi-Wan. That guy had no skill next to Mace, and mace had a LIFETIME of combat training. He still lost every time till he used the Force.

17. darthmohican

May 5, 2005
    Wait so this bad guy was related to Mace?

18. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Where else does Mace appear in the EU besides Shatterpoint and the CW Cartoon?

19. Darth_Fred

Darth_Fred Jedi Master star 5

Mar 1, 2004
    I think he has at least one starring appearance in the comics, and is part of the overall picture in the Obi/Anakin dominated books.

I think that they were "related" via a clan, not so much blood.

20. darthmohican

May 5, 2005
    Mace has his own one shot comic called Jedi: Mace Windu...its the first apperance of Asajj Ventress i think

and hes all through the comics since like 2000

21. Blu-Bladed-Jedi

Jul 20, 2005
    Well what do you think Mace was trained in? The force obviously. Meanwhile Kar had lived in that jungle his entire life so he would be physically stronger than Mace.

Has anyone read the CW comic where Sora Bulq falls to the darkside? It's a really good Mace EU

22. windu25

Jul 24, 2005
    Windu is a tribe on Mace's homeworld. He and Kar were the last of that tribe.
    I think those of the Windu tribe were generally very strong with the Force.

23. Blu-Bladed-Jedi

Jul 20, 2005
    Is there any Mace EU that takes place pre-saga or inebetween ATOC and ROTS?

24. Blu-Bladed-Jedi

Jul 20, 2005
    I someone brought up a decent argument and would like to see what Mace WIndu fans thought. Mace vs Anakin...i said Mace.

25. darthmohican

May 5, 2005
    At the time of Anakins turn to the darkside...if it was a fair fight Mace vs Anakin...i also will go with Mace

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.