main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Mace Windu in Star Wars: Rebels

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by InterestingLurker, May 25, 2013.

?

Should Mace Windu be in Star Wars: Rebels

1. Yes

21.5%
  2. No

78.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    This thread is reminding me of another reason I turn off ROTS after the ruminations scene. Poor Mace. :_|

Let the man rest in peace though.

2. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Let him stay dead though I wouldn't be surprised one bit if they brought him back. Darth Maul anyone?

3. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I'ma have to say no, cuz Mace Windu surviving and returning would just feel weird and lame. Now I know what your gonna say, "But Seerow, come on we got Maul and you liked Maul, remember oh memory challenged?" I say we've been there done that. Different ideas please. Maul happened to be a bad idea that was well executed and established a better villain while all the main ones in TCW had gotten stale. Rebels should not have stale characters of any kind when it starts. It should have OCs and maybe even some returning originals from TCW that have been through living hells enough to feel unique from their own selves to develop along over the course of the show.

Circular_Logic likes this.
  4. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    Well I appreciate the defense but Maul opened the flood gates sadly if getting bisected does not guarantee a kill then what does?

5. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Maul's excuse was the dark side did it. It'd be pretty far out for a Jedi to use that excuse to survive a fatal fall like the dude who committed suicide in the season 2 Mandalore arc.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  6. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    Its still BS. My Hatred kept me alive, I mean really that was always a lame trope unless the character had a healing factor.

7. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    More interesting is what happened to his lightsaber.

It, and his hand, went flying out the window... I'm not sure exactly what was below there... Either they landed on the senate plaza or fell into the depths of Coruscant, if the building overhangs a speeder canyon at that point. They might even have fallen into someone's speeder.

Either way it would be discovered by somebody. They might keep it, or hand it in if they were very honest (but wouldn't that be boring) or flog it on the black market... Whatever it is, somewhere out there, someone is running around with the BMF Saber. It would be interesting if they were shown... Maybe a bounty hunter or a crime lord or something. Imagine it found its way into Xizor's personal collection or something... Just spitting ideas here.

8. Jedi Master Chuck

Jedi Master Chuck Jedi Master star 2

Mar 19, 2013
    I'm open to the idea. I wouldn't mind Mace returning. I can think of potential storylines. As long as they do it right, I'd be fine with him being alive. Samuel L. Jackson wants to play the part again in the sequel trilogy XD

I am hoping Plo Koon is alive XD

With Dave Filoni in charge, it's possible. I mean, Quinlan Vos survived a similar explosion according to the EU.

I always felt like more of the council should've survived Order 66. I think Vader hunting them down in the Purge would've been more fitting than having the very elite all wiped out by the Clones in Order 66. Plo Koon, Mace Windu, Yoda, Obi-Wan, and Ki Adi Mundi seemed to be the top of the order. We clearly saw Ki Adi killed. Plo Koon's Starfighter crashed and exploded, but in the EU characters have survived worse. Mace, I've always kinda hoped on some level he was alive. That said, I don't think Plo should survive Rebels. I feel like having him alive might serve potential future storylines with Ahsoka given their history.

9. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    By 18 BBY, the Coruscanti judicial prosecutor Sano Sauro was apparently keeping it as a desk ornament. Though the possibility remains, and is even noted in-universe, that the salvagers Sauro bought it from may have sold him a fake.

Contessa likes this.
  10. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Tim Zahn implies in Allegiance that the crystal in the lightsaber Mara uses was Mace's. I say this because he said the lightsaber was a violet color that fit the shade of Mace's lightsaber blade.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

"The Starman and Moon Goddess."

11. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011

*headdesk*

I certainly hope not. She isn't worthy of Mace's saber.

missile likes this.
  12. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I dunno. Lightsabers are not indestructible as shown by Anakin's getting smashed in half in the Geonosis droid factory. Depends on how far Mace falls... If he's falling hundreds of stories, the impact could have shattered it beyond repair. As for the crystal, I don't think Palpatine was getting on his hands and knees looking for it in every nook and cranny.

That's one of those things that I have no interest in seeing an explanation for. I don't need to know what happened to the crystal or saber. It need not crop up in some semi-significant way (Mara's crystal). It's more believable to me that some random person saw a pretty crystal and pocketed it, not knowing its significance; or that it just fell into some crevice and nobody ever found it; or it was picked up unknowingly by a garbage collector, etc.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  13. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    "You pawned... a Mace Windu lightsaber? It was...priceless."
    "Well...not in El Paso it ain't. In El Paso I got me 250 dollars for it."

14. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Anakin cut off Mace's lightsaber hand and I am sure that it either fell into the room or into a place where if could be retrieved.

In TCW they say that the crystals are nigh on indestructible. Whether you believe it is up to you.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

"The Starman and Moon Goddess."

15. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    The BMF is dead.

16. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Fans have talked about Mace surviving since ROTS was first released. When Maul returned from the dead, I thought to myself, "Maybe Mace will do the same when ROTS 3D is released".

17. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011

Maybe Hondo will find it and sell those kiber crystals on the black market. The pirate goes around and collects the sabers of fallen Jedi then retired to the same beach planet the real Jango has been kicking back on. <.<;

darklordoftech likes this.
  18. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Mace died. Tragic deaths should mean something. I am not a fan of Maul having come back from the dead either.

19. Oxxotr

Oxxotr Jedi Youngling

Nov 3, 2013
  20. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    ROFL! That's completely fake. Most of the pics in that video were actually made by one of the members here AFAIK.

21. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Fake

22. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    It looked like zombie Mace in that video.

Maybe Rebels will have Halloween specials. Ghost Ship of Horror.

23. Sannom

Sannom Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2011
    It wouldn't be too much of a stretch in-universe, I guess, but out-of-universe, unlike Maul, they thought-out his death and probably have no reason to consider his death a waste of potential. So no come-back for Mace.

24. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I wouldn't worry about it, look at the rest of the post:

That doesn't really sound like it's implying anything to me, it's just a reference point.

Lady_Misty likes this.
  25. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    No. I don't have anything against his character or anything. But he's dead. Defiantly not a fan of the Windu is Alive theory.

Dinos4Ever and Lady_Misty like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.