main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Mace Windu in Star Wars: Rebels

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by InterestingLurker, May 25, 2013.

?

Should Mace Windu be in Star Wars: Rebels

1. Yes

21.5%
  2. No

78.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    That strip was quoted elsewhere:

basically, Vader has Fett on the ropes throughout the fight, and all Fett can do is chuck the casket they both want away, so Vader's forced to use The Force to save it while Fett makes his escape.

2. TheMDOSS1313

TheMDOSS1313 Jedi Master star 1

Sep 8, 2013
    Mace...in rebels? "NOOOOOOOO!!!!"-Darth Vader

3. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Fett tricked Vader into a situation where he got a clear shot at him, that Vader was unable to evade, to block with a lightsaber, or to absorb with tutaminis powers. If not for Vader's helmet, he'd have been dead.

As it was Vader was momentarily stunned, giving Fett a window where, had he wanted to simply come straight up and execute him out of hand, he could have. He gave Vader a chance to mentally regroup however.

Fett then subsequently became the only person in the history of Star Wars, to my knowledge, to extricate themselves from a Darth Vader force-choke by their own efforts.

What it all adds up to is this: Mace going down to Boba would not actually be a stretch of credulity.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  4. Contessa

Contessa Jedi Master star 3

Nov 28, 2013
    ^This. All the way, this.

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  5. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    Its Plot Armor with EU Feats the fight should last seconds if it starts in melee range. Not to say Fett cannot pull out a win with careful planning and some long range traps but really close combat should be a blitz or a force crush before Fett does much anything

6. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Mace Windu should not be able to survive a fall from that height.

Yes, Darth Maul survived being sliced in two, but his hate and anger kept him alive (similar to Vader). Lucas Arts need to focus on creating new, fascinating characters and not bringing people back from the dead.

7. Odolwa

Odolwa Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 12, 2013
    Mace was my favorite and as much as i would like to see him again, he should stay dead. I dont want star wars becoming obsessed with reviving dead people.

8. CommanderDrenn

CommanderDrenn Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 19, 2013
    Exactly. It'll earn the show a bad reputation, and furthermore, I want new characters, for the most part.

9. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I don't care if he survives, so long as he's dead by the time of ANH. I can seem some appeal in that it would create a prominent and extremely powerful Jedi that could be associated with the anti-Imperial resistance, enough to be of concern to Palpatine and Vader. His "death" scene wasn't particularly important to the story in ROTS, his betrayal of the Jedi was what was important, and that stands regardless of whether Mace dies or survives.

I'm tempted to say that I'd even be interested to see Mace survive if for no other reason than to see Vader and Mace confront each other somewhere down the line, where Mace can really rip into Vader and Vader has to face the man that he betrayed that began his whole slide to the Dark Side in the first place.

Yeah, on the other hand this also merely reinforces the idea that "if you don't see a body, then he's not dead," which can get ridiculous, but I wouldn't have nearly the problem of Mace surviving as I did Maul.

Jedi Knight Fett and Barbecue17 like this.
  10. CommanderDrenn

CommanderDrenn Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 19, 2013
    Frankly, I don't want there to be loads of Jedi. First, it was only Yoda, Obi-Wan, and maybe a few others. Then Ferus Olin escapes, and many other Jedi that don't come to mind at the moment. Anyway, there should be very few Jedi left, in my opinion, only Yoda and Obi-Wan should be surviving Masters.

Trebor Sabreon and Darth_Pevra like this.
  11. Odolwa

Nov 12, 2013
    That would be pretty cool to see mace and Vader and the convo between them, But at same time building mace up knowing hes just going to fail again seems almost pointless. Plus after Order 66, you are lead to believe all the jedi are dead, But stories like TFU and Purge and others keep showing you all these jedi that still live and kind of takes away the point of luke being the only hope and restoring the jedi, Id rather Jedi stay out of Rebels and give it more of a hopeless feel but thats just me.

12. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I'm all for Rebels not being at all predictable and challenging preconceived notions of how things are going to play out.

For instance the standard assumption might be that the Jedi are all but destroyed, the Rebels are scattered pockets that gradually unite over the course of the show and are fully unified by the end of the show leading into ANH.

I could find enjoyment in completely challenging this notion. That maybe a couple thousand Jedi survived but are scattered. Certain senators begin funding insurgents and bringing these separate groups together. That the Rebel Alliance as seen in Rebels is actually much, much bigger than the Rebellion as seen in ANH, incorporating angry senators and their systems, planets with trained insurgents left over from The Clone Wars, surviving Jedi, and even Separatist remnants. Maybe even Mace is among the Jedi survivors and Palpatine is actually having a somewhat hard time keeping everything together - rather than the preconceived notion that he reigns more or less unchallenged for two decades.

We then see the show culminate in this Rebellion going all out in one decisive battle against the Empire, with victory being plausible (maybe things go in the Rebels' favor early in the battle, but key generals jump sides or are routed, etc. and the Imperials win this decisive victory that wipes out the rest of the Jedi, scares the senators back into compliance and sees several of them executed for treason, and with the resistance pretty much being broken by the series' end and the Rebels that we see on Yavin IV being the pitiful little remnants of a much larger force that was defeated earlier, before the "new hope" of Luke arrived, destroyed the Death Star, and allowed the Rebellion to start gaining momentum again.

**I know that these ideas are WAAAY too specific and have pretty much no chance of playing out this specifically, but I'm just saying I'd like to see something like this that flies in the face of preconceived notions that the Rebels have to be weaker here than they are in ANH or that Palpatine had absolute control of the situation during the two decades leading up to ANH.

Jedi Knight Fett and Odolwa like this.
  13. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I feel like TFU would have worked better with Mace in place of Starkiller.

14. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Wait... You mean with Mace surviving, turning to the dark side, and serving Vader?

I kinda find that hard to imagine. At least, the serving Vader part. Mace is already such a powerful Force wielder that if he went dark he'd likely confront Vader / Palpatine and try to claim the title of Dark Lord of the Sith for himself.

15. Barbecue17

Barbecue17 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 11, 2013
    C'mon, Mace could have absolutely survived. Know how?

[​IMG]

Divine Intervention!

16. vnu

vnu Jedi Master star 3

Sep 8, 2012
    They brought Darth Maul back. They'll bring Mace Windu back for sure.

darklordoftech likes this.
  17. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012

They would be stupid if they did that.

18. Corr

Corr Jedi Padawan

Oct 12, 2012
    If Maul survived, there is no reason Mace couldn't. "Hate" is not a legitimate reason to survive getting cut in half, but getting thrown out a window isn't exactly a sure death for a jedi master. Honestly having Mace in Rebels would probably give me more reason to watch it, and having an established character would probably help the show.

19. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Lucas brought Maul back as a way to promote the 3D re-release of TPM. With Lucas out of the picture, I don't see that happening.

20. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I see it happening more with Lucas out of the picture.

21. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I certainly hope it doesn't. [face_not_talking]

22. Odolwa

Nov 12, 2013
  23. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2013
    Ever since the release of ROTS I had made stories in my head about him surviving...and as for his lightsaber, besides Sidious' hilt design, Mace's is my favorite so I had always come up with possibilities of it re-emerging... On one hand, I wouldn't hate it if they brought him back but I just don't know if it feels right to do - especially after Maul - I mean, as someone already said - its a been there done that thing. If they hadn't resurrected Maul, I'd be more on board.

However, I would LOVE it if his lightsaber shows up somewhere in Disney's new continuity - whether rebels or ST or whatever.

24. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Maybe if we're lucky we'll see Mara, as a trainee- being given the lightsaber crystal fragment, and growing her own from it- and when igniting the saber, it's the exact same shade?

She wouldn't have to play a huge role- more "Inquisitor's trainee". In the Book of Sith, it mentions that Palpatine recruits his Hands from the Inquisitorius.

CommanderDrenn likes this.
  25. Darth Wookiee

Darth Wookiee Jedi Master star 3

Nov 29, 2013
    If they bring back Windu im done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.