mace windu is the jedi traitor. proof here!

Discussion in 'Attack of the Clones' started by the_homeless_jedi, Jun 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NeoBaggins Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    JabberWocky

"People were just reading too deep into the films." Um, we are all here because we are reading too deep into the films. Its STARWARS. The thing about the green saber is what I personally gather from the films but if there was no significance of a color code, why did Lucas try to explain one to Jackson in the first place?

"And by destroying the theory like that, it helps makes his authorial intention clearer,"

And what intention is that?

And you preach on up there, brotha. Iv been saying it for years. How can a woman tell a man to be a "real man" when she has never been a man herself.
  2. DarthSapient Jedi Youngling

star 10
    With today's advances in medical technology, a woman can be a man if she so chooses...and then a woman again. Ah, science.
  3. Jabba-wocky Chosen One

star 8
    NeoBaggins

You misunderstand. I am not saying there was no significance at all to the color code. I simply meant their was no special significance to the place of the color green in that code. Just as their is no significance to the place of the color purple in said code.

The authorial intention I was referring to is the simple fact of a color code. That some colors stand for good guys, and some colors stand for bad. What particular colors those are don't really matter. Although they started out being contrasting colors, they needn't all be that way. It only needs to be understood that you can tell whether a character is good or bad by the color of their saber.

By destroying the theory of green saber significance, he reaffirms this fact, so that people don't get all wound up in arguments of hues, shades, pigments, and light refraction. The specific colors don't really matter, just the fact that they exist.

homeless

That's not true. Yoda calls it "our weakness". Our, like we, is a word that in the English language implies both the speaker and someone else (often the person being spoken to). Therefore, Yoda is also accpeting/recognizing the weakness. Making him, by your logic, a Sith.
  4. jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus

star 8
        10. only a sith would know of the jedi's weakness..and mace windu knows. "I think its time we inform the senate of our weakness"

The Jedi would know of their own weakness

yoda clearly says "only a sith would know of our weakness" so now your saying yoda is a liar? mace is the only jedi who accepts their weakness and accects the jedi's fall..a real jedi woudlnt doubt the force.

"OUR" weakness. As in Mace and the rest of the Jedi. In the English language, "our" means the speaker and another person and/or group of people. If I said I had a weakness, I wouldn't say "Our weakness is _____" I would say "My weakness is _____" If I was saying myself and a group of my friends had a weakness, I would say "Our weakness is ____" since that's the way you use the word.

By Yoda saying that only the Sith know of "their" (collective of the Jedi) weakness, he is also acknowledging that they have a weakness. The Jedi know of their own weakness, and he was saying that outside the Jedi Order, only the Sith know of the weakness.
  5. DarthSapient Jedi Youngling

star 10
    It's almost a nod by Yoda admitting to the power of the Dark Side and how much it has truly clouded their vision.
  6. NeoBaggins Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    JabberWocky
    Very well, then. I was just trying to point out that a code was implemented then ditched all together for a trivial purpose. A light-hearted request vs an endeared (some more than others) element of the saga. But after all this isnt the first time Lucas went back on his own words. Up until TPM, Lucas had explained more then once that the STARWARS movies were made for everyone. After the release of TPM and some fan disapointment, he simply shrugged it off and then said "These films are for kids." Now he has performed a similar 180 with the saber color code.
  7. Go-Mer-Tonic Jedi Youngling

star 6
    They have always been for kids of all ages.

He hasn't changed, we have.
  8. Jabba-wocky Chosen One

star 8
    Indeed.

Or at least, look at it this way, you limit things easier with complexity than you do with simplicity.

Which is to say mature themems and concepts exclude kids, whereas adults are not excluded by more simplistic, juvenile themes and concepts.

Thus,
    for everyone=aimed at kids
  9. SkottASkywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    yoda clearly says "only a sith would know of our weakness" so now your saying yoda is a liar?

No, no, no. Hear you nothing that Yoda says?

"Only the Dark Lords of the Sith know of our weakness. If informed the Senate is, multiply our adversaries will."

That's what Yoda says. Not that only a Sith would know, but that only the Dark Lords of the Sith do know.
  10. Jabba-wocky Chosen One

star 8

homeless, we sunk your battleship.

8-}
  11. DarthSapient Jedi Youngling

star 10
    That's what Yoda says. Not that only a Sith would know, but that only the Dark Lords of the Sith do know.

That's written even better. That's how I took that scene as well. Yoda knows that the Sith are in control right now and have totally caught the Jedi off guard.
  12. Sith Interceptor Force Ghost

star 4
    What a shame this thread has eluded me in the past...

Once again homeless_jedi proves he knows nothing of Star Wars if that is the "proof" he has.

Mace is NO traitor in EPIII.
  13. DarthSapient Jedi Youngling

star 10
    Mace is not traitor. A traitor doesn't willingly give his life against all odds to preserve ideals and Democracy.
  14. SkottASkywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    Yoda's not saying the Dark Lords of the Sith are the only ones that could know. He is saying the Dark Lords of the Sith happen to be the only ones that do know. So, Mace knowing the Jedi's ability to use the Force is diminished does not have to make hime a Dark Lord of the Sith. It does not have to make Mace a traitor.
  15. TitaniumBender Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'm eagerly awaiting the brilliant rebuttal that is forthcoming.
  16. SkottASkywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    Let's not give the_homeless_jedi a hard time. He's harmless. He means no harm.

:cool:
  17. AdamBertocci Manager

Manager
    star 7
    Well, if that ain't the end of an era, ain't nothin' the end of an era.

Rick McCallum loves you!
  18. TheFury Jedi Knight

star 3
    Ever since George Lucas said that someone on the JC new more than they were saying(after TPM was released), I've been arguing that Mace was the one.

That he was either going to betray the Jedi and himself or make a terrible choice.

I still think he is.
  19. The_Wise_Jedi Jedi Padawan

PLEASE READ!! This is for all you people that think you have done research and try to get all technical with STARWARS. I only state facts.

This whole deal with the PURPLE LIGHTSABER is a big missunderstanding. Samuel Jackson (MACE WINDU) was interviewed a while back and was given the PURPLE SABER color because he requested it to make himself stand out from the others! This IS FACT!

Also if you noticed in TPM, he never had a BLUE SABER!!!! He never even activated his saber in TPM. They made his TOY saber and ACTION FIGURE blue because he didn't request his purple saber yet. His saber hilt is not identical to DARTH MAULS. He is the only cast member to request a saber color.

That's all the fact I have right now.
  20. jedi-chaz-windu Jedi Knight

star 1
    here here!
    look at me im i have a purple saber im a traitor to the order kick me off the council give me a pointed hat saying traitor then i can march up the street waving my SITH saber shouting look the proof is in my hand...THE PROOF IS PURPLE!
    ...i was been sarcastic...
    BS!
  21. masterheiros Jedi Knight

star 1
    HA!!! Finally an agreeing person! I actually have quite a long list of jedi who might be the traitor. And the whole lightsaber thing is just coincidence. We all actually know that there is one traitor so maybe there will be just one....or maybe not...I'll just wait till Ep.3 comes out to know 4 sure.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.