main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC Mace Windu vs. Yoda. Who would win?!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by darth_mccartney, Dec 2, 2012.

?

Mace Windu vs. Yoda. Who would win?!

1. Mace Windu

10 vote(s)
    32.3%
  2. Yoda

21 vote(s)
    67.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darth_mccartney

darth_mccartney Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2008
    We have seen them both in action and know they are both AWESOME swordsmen, but when pitched against each other who would win?!

2. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    Yoda.

Yoda would be winning then Mace would have to crossover to the dark side to stay in the fight. But Mace is not as strong in the dark side as Sidious. Yoda would prevail.

Pensivia likes this.
  3. Sistros

Sistros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 24, 2010
    using statistics

Mace beat Palps Yoda didn't

Mace apparently can defeat Dookuin a duel Yoda failed to

"as wise as Master Yoda, as powerful as Master Windu" Anakin

"...you'd rival master Yoda as swordsman (i thought i already did/) only in your mind my very young apprentice" Obi-Wan

using these two quotes above shows what the writer wants you to think

AOTC: Lucas wants you to believe Yoda is the best

in ROTS he wants you to believe Windu is the best

all in all, it depends on plot, and the pen of the writer who'd win.

on in story point, it would depend on:

situation

enviroment

use of the force

and commitment/level headedness

(for what it's worth, as I mention a lot, I study western/Eastern martial arts and swordplay, so these are my favourite threads, unfortunately though it might be locked :( )

4. DarthRelaxus

DarthRelaxus Chosen One star 5

Apr 23, 2007
    Palps allowed himself to appear defenseless just in time for Anakin to walk in. He was not defeated. Mace was being toyed with. Yoda is more powerful.

5. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Yoda

btw when did Mace ever beat Dooku

6. Sistros

Jul 24, 2010
    Mace was being toyed with AFTER Palps lost his saber

according to ROTS commentry anyway

7. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Moving to SWC.

8. Sistros

Jul 24, 2010
    thank you for not locking DB :D

Darth Vader: I believe in EU it says that Mace once beat Dooku in duel training

9. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Oh, a lock is still possible. Mainly because you. :p

10. Sistros

Jul 24, 2010
    mainly cause I what? :eek: :p

DarthBoba likes this.
  11. JoeyArnold

JoeyArnold Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    If Windu died, then Yoda is better for surviving the jedi purge.

12. TheMadHatter

TheMadHatter Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2009
    Yoda survived because the plot demanded it :p

Marco1907 and rumsmuggler like this.
  13. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Mace, even though it is highly unlikely that they would ever have a real duel.

14. Jedi Chloe

Jedi Chloe Jedi Knight

Dec 5, 2012
    Yoda
    Kick Maces but I will, Yes.

15. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    This would be the longest duel in SW history if it happened, but I seriously don't know who would win, I'm thinking Mace because of his strength, but then again, Yoda is better at using the force.

MasterDillon likes this.
  16. MasterDillon

MasterDillon Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 28, 2010
    I would have to say Yoda becasue he once trained Mace and he has more experience.

17. HankSolo

HankSolo Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2012
    Yoda....being around 900 years, he must've learned some Jedi powers the rest don't know.

Jedi Chloe likes this.
  18. benknobi1

benknobi1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2002
    Mace would win, obviously. He's a bad@ss with a lightsaber. That's like asking who would win if Ironman and Thor fought... While Thor theoretically has the power of a god, Ironman is still a bad@ss.

19. THE PortmanLuvva

THE PortmanLuvva Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2012
    Yoda being so old, he is quite within his rights to play the Kamikaze card.

20. Sistros

Jul 24, 2010
    I realised I never answered the question:

in light with what I said,

I'd say it would be a close call,

but I'd have to say Yoda,

but only just

21. Force.Child

Force.Child Jedi Youngling

Dec 7, 2012
    Yoda. No one is better than Yoda. ;)

22. Spartan Kobe

Spartan Kobe Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 7, 2014
    I'm sorry to bump but the fact that this is a star wars site and people think that Windu will win against Yoda simply bothers me. A lot.
    "Mace Windu's fighting abilities are second only to Yoda."
    With a stooped, small appearance, Yoda may not look like a warrior, but his skills with a lightsaber were unequaled.
    --Taken from Lightsabers: A Guide to Weapons of the Force

To the uninitiated, lightsaber combat can seem like a confusing blur of swipes and blade clashes, but on close examination, the secrets of the Jedi Knights become clear. To understand the combat of these warriors, we must delve into the sacred history of the fabled Seven Forms of Jedi lightsaber combat and look at how these have played out in the Star Wars saga. Only then can we understand the extraordinary combat moves of Yoda, perhaps the greatest lightsaber master the Jedi Order has ever seen.
    --Taken from Insider #62: Fightsaber: Jedi Lightsaber Combat

Though it was true that he had slowed slightly in the years that Mace Windu had known him, Yoda's skill with a lightsaber was still second to none on the council.
    --Taken from Darth Maul Shadow Hunter

23. steveg

steveg Jedi Youngling

Jan 24, 2015
    Mace Windu is more powerful, for several reasons that have been overlooked:
    (mind you, as is with all of Star Wars, everything is open to personal enterpretation)

I understand that Sith have the ability to foresee the future, at least they claim to. However, we don't know how accurate they are. The whole point of Star wars is that the Dark side fails, and isn't the correct path, so we should assume that the sith have over confidence in themselves and cannot 100% predict the future. If they could have, the Emperor would have won on so many different levels in Return of the Jedi, instead he was wrong about Vader converting luke, and the Rebels destroying the death star (again).

Having said all of that, my point is that it is naive to think the Palpitine planned everything out 100%. Yes he probably predicted, and planned 95% of everything, but some of it was left to chance, such as the scene where Mace Windu overtakes Palpitine, but then Anikin intervenes. Just because the original trilogy movies were made first, does not mean that it was the only possible future outcome from episode 2 and 3's tangent. I say that Palpatine got lucky a few times in Revenge of the Sith, which then caused the tangent of the Original trilogy. To say that Palpatine knew exactly that he would throw the duel against Mace, and Anakin would show up exactly at that moment or sooner, and be just enough tempted to stop Windu from killing him, is too much of a stretch, and to have too much faith in the Dark side :).

Back to Windu vs. Yoda. Obviously Yoda is Wisest, and is the grand master of the jedi counsil, and has been for probably at least 100 years, but the way I see it is that Windu is the up-and-coming grand master. He is human (yes they still call them humans in this galaxy far far away (ep. 2)), and thus he is much much younger than Yoda. Yoda, out of his 800-900 year life is in the last 20 years of it in the prequels, so it is also naive to think that Yoda is still in his prime. Yoda may very well have been the most powerful too, but not in the movie time period. Yoda is extremely old, as we can see in fighting Sidious at the end of ROTS, and is losing energy. When Mace battles Sidious, he is patient, seems to always have the upper hand, and finaly kicks him in the face and ends it when the opportunity presents itself. This is a true master jedi, at his finest, facing the darkest, most powerful villain in the galaxy and defeating him. Unfortunately, he was not wise enough to mind Anakins actains while attempting to excecute Palpatine.

If we take the assumption that Sidious did not predict exactly the outcome of his duel with Windu, then the facts are plain and simple: Windu beat Sidious, and Yoda did not.

As we all know, Anakin is impulsive. And if, for instance, he had not intervened against Mace excecuting sidious, then the jedi would not have gone extinct, the war would have ended properly, and democracy would have been reinstated. Just because of Anikin's horrible decision to thwart Mace, the original trilogy became a reality. Granted, Mace had little reason to see this coming since in the scene right before he had gained Anakin's trust (by Anakin being correct in revealing palpatines identity to Mace).

Sorry to ramble on, I just think that Mace deserves much more credit than we all are giving him. After all, he is one of the main heros of the prequels. Yoda is great, just getting old by this time and can't outfight Windu anymore, or sith lords for that matter.

hope this helps!

24. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
  25. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Yoda. Because he's freakin' Yoda.

Pensivia likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.