main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Mace Windu vs. Yoda: Who's really stronger?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by enigmaticjedi, Jul 26, 2015.

1. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013

Or, Mace managed to give scars (deflected force lightning wounds) to Palpatine and he defeated him if not for Anakin, while Yoda didn't.

2. PHIERY

PHIERY Jedi Master star 2

Feb 7, 2009
    Yeah Palps got the scars from the deflected lightning because Palps had no control and at no stage could he stop the lightning coming from his own hands lol. Imagine if Palps used the scars to his advantage e.g. convincing Anakin and the senate that the Jedi are evil (I guess we'll never know lol). However, you are right, albeit on a technicality. It's the same as comparing Luke defeating Vader in Cloud City... Luke landed the first body blow with his lightsabre to Vader's shoulder, which would've left a scar as Vader screamed in pain. If Vader didn't chop off Luke's hand, Luke would've defeated Vader lol. Palps did not need Anakin's interference to save him. I urge everyone to watch ROTS at the part windu attempts to kill palps. windu holds his lightsabre way above his own head, leaving himself completely open and Palps had all the time in the world to zap windu with lightning, however he chose not to because he needed Anakin to make a choice in which Palps already knew. So lets look at the events - An unarmed windu (lol) is killed by an unarmed Palps with lightning. Even though both men get zapped by lightning mace dies fairly quickly and Palps is victorious with only some facial scarring after enduring a longer dosage of lightning. Yoda on the other hand is able to absorb force lightning with just one hand (windu was not skilled enough to do the same lol). Also Yoda got up after being knocked down by Palps lightning. The revised score card is as follows...THE TEAM LED BY WINDU WITH 3 JEDI MASTERS AND THE CHOSEN ONE vs PALPS = WINDU DEAD, 3 JEDI MASTERS DEAD, AND THE CHOSEN ONE BECOMING PALPS APPRENTICE. VICTORY GOES TO WINDU VIA A KICK TO THE HEAD AND SCARRING PALPS FACE AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. TEAM YODA (WITHOUT ANY HELP FROM OTHER JEDI MASTERS), 1V1 AGAINST PALPS = YODA SURVIVING. With all this indisputable evidence I hereby stand corrected and must declare windu the strongest one. AHAHAHAHAHA

3. Thiazzi

Thiazzi Jedi Padawan star 1

Jul 27, 2015
    Mace defeated Palpatine virtually one on one, while Yoda could only match him. I'd say Yoda had a greater connection with the Force, but Mace was more efficient in the lightsaber aspect.

4. PHIERY

Feb 7, 2009
    I must have watched the alternate version of ROTS. In that version windu and 3 JEDI MASTERS all fight Palps at the same time. Resulting in PALPS DEFEATING AND KILLING WINDU and all 3 JEDI MASTERS. Oh well, lucky me. I now get to watch the original version where windu (without the help of 3 JEDI MASTERS) kills palps and brings balance to the force all by himself. This also means I've only watched the alternate versions of episodes iv, v and vi. Please no more spoilers from anyone lol

minnishe likes this.
  5. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    You mean the "scars" that were, oddly enough, completely symmetrical and didn't actually look like scars?

PHIERY and minnishe like this.
  6. PHIERY

Feb 7, 2009
    windu needed the help of 3 Jedi masters to confront Palpatine 4v1, resulting in Palps defeating and killing the 3 Jedi masters, then defeating and killing windu while both men were unarmed. It's the same as 4 people in a gang who start a fight to the death with one person. Resulting in that one person defeating and killing all 4 gang members. However the victory goes to gang member number 3 because he kicked his out numbered opponent in the face, completely ignoring the fact gang member number 3 was defeated and killed by one individual. Yoda confronts Palps 1v1 the fight lasts a lot longer and Yoda survives both lightsabre and lightning attack. Comparing windu and Yoda is an insult to Yoda and all force users. It's like comparing a water and cheese - which one has more dairy? The appropriate question is who is the stronger between Palps and Yoda??

Agent M likes this.
  7. Thiazzi

Thiazzi Jedi Padawan star 1

Jul 27, 2015

The other three masters died so quickly I consider the fight one on one. Mace was aggressive throughout the duel, and was progressively pushing Palpatine back.

8. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Wasn't it Sam Jackson who has stated that Mace was second only to Yoda? I guess that settles it.

enigmaticjedi and Alienware like this.
  9. PHIERY

Feb 7, 2009
    How come the windu fanboys/girls cannot see that mace needed 3 other Jedi masters to do battle with Palpatine. In that same battle Palps defeats and kills all 4 Jedi masters including windu. windu dropped the ball, big time. Think about it he had 3 jedi masters that were equal to him against 1 man and all 4 are killed by 1 man 4v1 how can windu be stronger than Yoda, when Yoda survives 1v1. People see only what they want to.
    PS, throughout the duel windu retreated further than Palps

10. Queen Apailana

Queen Apailana Jedi Master star 1

Mar 8, 2015
    Yoda is stronger.

"Much to learn you still have."

mes520 likes this.
  11. ShadowPoster

ShadowPoster Jedi Youngling

Sep 8, 2015
    Emmm, wat ? Windu defeated Palpatine ? Someone really bought into this "I'm weak... I'm dying... Save me" performance Palpatine gave out specially for Anakin ?
    He could have taken out Windu anytime, but he needed to place Anakin into the situation, where his deeds will be irreversible - he knew that the promise to save Padme alone would not be enough to break him. So he had basically staged a situation, where Anakin would think that he would lose this only opportunity to save her because of Palpatine's supposedly imminent death - and then waited for the grateful audience for his great acting skill.

On the other hand, Yoda for a while was able to hold his own against Palpatine. But the battle was getting drawn out, any time clone reinforcements could have arrived to Palpatine's help (and in fact they do arrive shortly after Yoda's escape) and he felt that he might actually lose - and at the time he was one of the few Jedi left, it was wiser to retreat.

So, without any doubt - Yoda wins.

mes520 likes this.