main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Machine Guns vs. Jedi Lightsaber

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by AnakinwinduMundii, Nov 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnakinwinduMundii

AnakinwinduMundii Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 26, 2002
    Ok we all know jedi can deflect incoming laser blast with a lightsaber but how good would they be against very fast incoming Machine Gun bullets!?!?!?!?

JEDI'S RULE DAMNIT!

2. Tupolov

Tupolov Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    A minigun would put those jedi in their place.

3. dArTh_wenley

dArTh_wenley Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 10, 2001

It would be a good idea to take this here:

> **Official Lightsaber Discussion Thread**

Personally, I believe that the lightsaber is very powerful and could deflect bullets easily, especially with a Jedi's speed and eflexes.

4. AnakinwinduMundii

Jun 26, 2002
    How about we keep the topic right here

5. Tupolov

May 24, 2002
    Sounds more than reasonable.

6. SLAVE2

SLAVE2 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 6, 2000
    A lightsaber would melt bullets, and Jedi could probably use the force to divert a bullets direction, maybe create some kind of shield that they moves them away.

7. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Remeber in the Matrix when Neo stopped the bullets in mid air at the end? I think a Jedi could easily do the same thing.

8. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    Yeah, the bullets would be melted, but don't you think it would make a mess on the blade?

9. Ret

Ret Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 17, 1999
    Nah everything would just melt.

10. Tupolov

May 24, 2002
    Don't give me that, a minigun fires 100 rounds a second. It could easily dispose of troublesome jedi.

11. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Whoa, thought my threadfilling days were over.
    Your a Jedi.
    Rapid fire ballistics headed your way.
    Lightsaber? Maybe if it were a few bullets.
    But since hundreds or thousands of rounds a minute or possible, the Force will be used for deflection instead.

12. StormChewieJedi

StormChewieJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

May 27, 2002
    I agree...the Jedi would use the Force to deflect the bullets.

13. Moriarte

Moriarte Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 17, 2001
    Hmm...I think a Jedi has a chance of using the Force to deflect the bullets from his person, altering the trajectory to miss his body what with his Jedi Reflexes, but how well could he do this? I'm sure that if a Jedi can have the reflexes to deflect lasers, he can probably take care of bullets, but would the bullets speed make it hardeer to do this? And if there are MANY bullets moving in his drection, can he use the force to direct ALL those bullets away from him? Would he have to focus on every one of them, or just the "area"...?

Still...I think it can be done.

Ciou-See the Sig

14. Tupolov

May 24, 2002
    Not when someone armed with a minigun decided they hate Jedi.

15. White_Knight_ES1

White_Knight_ES1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 25, 2002
    A Jedi could defend himself from bullets, but a few things need to be considered:

Blaster shots in the GFFA seem to travel than less than the speed of light, perhaps more of a particle weapon than energy. If a Jedi can handle these velocities, a bullet should be within their reflexive abilities.

Since a lightsaber is for all intent and purposes a solid object, a bullet impact would deflect the projectile's trajectory. The blade's energy qualities also allow the possibility that a bullet impact would result in its fragmentation of vaporization. That would depend on the actual cutting thickneess of the blade.

However, the voulme of fire is a critical factor. Even a Jedi's Force guided reflexes have their limits as to the number of incomming shots they can intercept. So in an overwhelmed situation such as a minigun/automatic weapon, they do have alternatives.

1. Flee using Force speed to escape.

2. Rip the weapon from their adversaries hands with the Force.

3. Make the weapon's reciever inoperable using the Force to jam it.

16. Tupolov

May 24, 2002
    Well said

17. AnakinwinduMundii

Jun 26, 2002
    I still think that the 200 speeding bullets would more than likely take a jedi out not to mention more than likely the bullets are 2 small to see

18. White_Knight_ES1

White_Knight_ES1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 25, 2002
    A Jedi wouldn't necessarly need to visualy see the bullet. Both Luke in ANH and the Younglings in AOTC were able to deflect blaster fire while blinded.

19. furious138

furious138 Jedi Youngling

Jul 13, 2002
    Interesting thread. My opinion is that yes, a jedi could block rounds fired from a projectile weapon. A weapon such as a rifle or pistol (or even minigun) is well below the technology required to build a laser. Tuskens are using projectile weapons during the pod races.

Speed of the weapon is not really an issue either. Laser's travel much faster than bullets. The reason they move so slowly on screen is so that it can be followed by the people watching the movie.

A jedi could block it, jam the weapon, whatever.

20. JediMasterKitFisto

JediMasterKitFisto Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 27, 2002
    LIGHTSABER!!!

21. Tupolov

May 24, 2002
    That is why you throw a bomb at him and when he uses the force to deflect it you light him up with a minigun and say "Keep the change ya filthy animal."

22. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    As Luke demonstrates at a lower degree on Dagobah, more than one object can be manipulated with the Force.

Before you throw anything or pull the trigger on something else you will probably have those things removed from your possesion before you knew what happened. Even if you unleash with al of that it will all be Forced back at you or deflected, all without even drawing a lightsaber.

There isn't much with our conventional weaponry you are going to use to win over a Jedi short of trapping him or her on a small island and hitting it with a full broadside from a battleship.

23. Tupolov

May 24, 2002
    That is why you put the gun behind a hat and just when he thinks you're his friend, BAM BAM BAM.

24. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Ghetto tactics probably won't work either, Jedi seem to have good senses about people's intentions.
    Hell, Anakin and Obi Wan knwe there were two little creatures attacking in another room.

25. Tupolov

May 24, 2002
    I would require Nuclear Bombs to kill him, but it could be done. I'd like to see him escape that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.