main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Machined Sabers

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by QbnJedi, Aug 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QbnJedi

QbnJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2002
    Ok, This is for anyone who has access to a Lathe. I need Some Sabers built that are very reliable and that can be thrown without breaking into a million pieces. Send me a PM and please show me some stuff you have done and give me a rough estimate of how much you can make it for. One saber that I want for sure is an Obi-Wan Kenobi from TPM.

Saber

Thanks in Advance.

2. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    I'm pretty sure it's illegal for someone to make you an Obi-Wan replica then sell it to you. I don't even know if they could give it to you.

And unless someone is going to be very generous, you may be better off going for a Parks. I have found though that if you construct a hardware saber with enough care, it can pretty much stand up to anything.

3. QbnJedi

QbnJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2002
    I read one post where someone in New Zealand is making replica props and selling them. I dont really like the sabers that parksabers make. Anyone else have the ability to make me some machined sabers?

4. Ahhnuld

Ahhnuld Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 16, 2002
    Hey QBN,

I sent you a PM.

5. Jyro-Kyrn

Jyro-Kyrn Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 26, 2002
    Take your drawing(s) to a local machine shop. I got two aluminum machined sabers (anodized) for $100 each. Note that that does NOT make them indestructable. I have a chunk missing in one of them where the other one hit it. But they are very cool!

And hey, it wouldn't hurt to see if the machine shop would cut you a deal if you put them in the credits?!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.