Amph Machines Unbound series

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by Charlemagne19, Jun 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charlemagne19 Chosen One

star 7
    I know I'm the author but I just thought if I had any readers here that if they wanted to ask questions, I'd be happy to do so.

;-)
  2. Excellence Jedi Grand Master

star 7

I'm always receptive to new sci fi, in a genre that's decaying. What're they about, Charlesmagne?
  3. Charlemagne19 Chosen One

star 7
    Thanks Excellence.

The first book Machine Goddess basically starts off with the mentally enhanced scientist lead character James Brody working on an artificial intelligence in the over-urbanized corporate state of Prime One. The story then chronicles him becoming aware of a number of conspiracies that want to make use of his work plus the realization he's been decieved by several important people in his life.

The sequel The Undying Machine picks up a year later and mostly deals with the mental stresses having taken their toll on the lead along with the fallout from the previous book at the start. Losing someone precious to him in the opening chapter, James Brody also is slowly going insane due to dreams he can't understand that may be artificially induced. To help overcome them, he seeks out an old mentor that's working on a project that has the potential to make humans live forever. It verges on science fiction horror.

The third book is available from the publishers right now (www.windstormcreative.com) and is called The Lord of the Machine. This takes place between the previous two books and switches protagionists. It's actually my favorite of the three books because its a much straighter adventure yarn with a less idiosynchratic lead (sort of like the difference between Anakin and Han Solo). Thomas Duvalle is an inventor and part time mercenary for the Martian government when an accident results in him before forced to take a job investigating a suspected terrorist group. The planet is on the verge of war with Earth when he begins to unravel a mystery that calls into question if both sides are being manipulated into the conflict.

One thing that may appeal to Star Wars fans is the fact that all of the books also have the option to purchase Sourcebooks with one for each of the novels that can be purchased seperately. The books more or less detail the timelines, character backstories (with new information), technology, and groups involved in each story.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.