main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Macon, GA Macon Clones RPG meeting

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Allie Fox, Feb 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Allie Fox

Allie Fox FanForce CR Macon GA US star 3

Jan 13, 2000
    The first meeting of the Macon Clones RPG team will meet on Monday, March 3 at OUTER LIMIT Comics in Centerville. We should begin showing up between 6:00 - 6:30.

This first sesssion will be for familiarization. We will pick a system in which to play, build characters and decide which era to live in.

After that we can go out to eat. Oh yeah!

2. whipwarrior

whipwarrior Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2002
    Shoot! That's a Monday, and that means bowling night. Sorry guys, I can't make it. Maybe some other time.

-Dale

3. sabrann

sabrann Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 23, 2002
    Allie,

Do we need to bring anything other than ourselves ? Thought I would ask

Hope everyone is doing well

4. Allie Fox

Jan 13, 2000
    Unless you have some RPG items(books, dice, etc.): No.

5. Smiling-Otter

Smiling-Otter Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 21, 2001
    Bring paper and pen/pencil. Again, dice and any WOTC Star Wars books would be a bonus, but not vital.

6. litllejedi

litllejedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2001
    I could use some directions on this. I am a little familiar with Warner Robbins so its not hopeless. thanks

7. Smiling-Otter

Mar 21, 2001
    How I get there:

Get off the interstate at the Centerville/Warner Robins exit, and go East (left if you were going south on 75, right if North) either way you'll be heading into town. After a while you'll get to the Galeria - the mall - on the left. Just past the mall turn left, and there's a strip of stores on the right. Outer Limits is in this strip.

8. Allie Fox

Jan 13, 2000
    [hangs head in shame]

What a dilemma. I think that there's a conspiracy working against me. As soon as I got off the phone with Grand Admiral Jedi this afternoon, everything went wrong.

I tried to call everyone that I could. I called Carey from Outer Limit Comics and he was super cool. I apologized for not being able to make it and he said to let him know when we plan to do it again. BIG PROPS to Outer Limit for everything.

I only hope that Smiling Otter and Little Jedi got everything started. We will go over everything at the March meeting.

Once again, for everyone that might have showed up at Outer Limit to find no Clones, I'm terribly sorry.

9. Smiling-Otter

Mar 21, 2001
    Lil Jedi is a character. I mean, he HAS a character. Presumably his mrs. will have one as well soon.

Just to get opinions from all involved: do ya'll want to play the "Wizards of the Coast" version, or the older "West End Games" style? WEG's is simpler (OK, Much Simpler) but there are advantages to the WOTC rules as well. I can play/run either. And sourcebooks from either type can be onverted to the other's use.

10. Grand_Admiral_Jedi

Grand_Admiral_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2002
    I'd probably vote for WOTC. If you go WOTC there is also the question of which version we want to play. The 2nd version of WOTC is actually a lot better but a lot of people don't have that book. I'd be willing to buy it if we go that rout. The first WOTC version had a lot of problems IMHO.
    Also, there is the question of setting. I'd prefer post Jedi in either the Thrawn, or NJO periods.

Empire era is my 2nd choice. Prequel era comes in dead last.

We also have to decide what level we're starting at and how we will roll up our attribute scores.

Anyway those are my thoughts.

GAJ out.

Plus, if we need a place to play our first session in the Dublin era I would offer up my apartment or maybe we could use LJ's studio.

11. Smiling-Otter

Mar 21, 2001
    Those with the first WOTC version needn't worry too much. It'd fairly simple to convert (especially characters.)

If I remember correctly, there was interest in playing during the Rebellion era.

I made Lil Jedi's character 3rd level. I figured that'd give the characters enough experience (and hit points) to survive longer. For starting funds, make your appropriate roll, then double it, to account for the fact that you've been around for a while now.

Allie - if'n you want to play your former padawan, I'd say put two levels into being a Jedi(either Consular or Guardian,) then pick a second class for your third level. (You had to find another job since the Temple closed its doors.)

Just my two cents.

12. Allie Fox

Jan 13, 2000
    The next "first" RPG meeting will be on March 15 from noon until. . .

How does everyone feel about having it in the Dublin/Wrightsville area? I know of a great place(in Wrightsville). ;)

I've built a character(that still needs a little work) and I'm working on a backstory. A big thanks to Little Jedi and Grand Admiral Jedi for the help and guidance.

13. Smiling-Otter

Mar 21, 2001
    A meeting a week from today (Saturday) will have to be Tom-free unfortunately. The other manager will be out of state at the time, so my presence will be required.

14. Allie Fox

Jan 13, 2000
    Priorities Tombo! Priorities!

When do you think you'll be free to make it? Something tells me you might be the GM of our first campaign.

15. Smiling-Otter

Mar 21, 2001
    I'm getting to a point where I'll have the occasional Saturday off, so hopefully it won't be long.

16. Grand_Admiral_Jedi

Grand_Admiral_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2002
    I could always do a Monday too or possibly a Friday with advance warning. We just need to come up with a date. Also, there is still the question of what era we're playing which we've discussed.

I've voiced to Allie Fox and LJ that I think the NJO period is best, but other eras will do. We probably need to decide before we play though. The person I thought about creating won't work well in all eras of play.

Plus, I suggested to Allie Fox and LJ that everybody write a background story to give to the GM so that he/she and the GM will have an understanding a head of time about what their character is all about.

17. sabrann

sabrann Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 23, 2002
    I cann't do it on Saturday man. I have to go to Atlanta that day....and well, I can't be in two places at once ( I just need to be cloned and then I can get all this stuff done :)

sorry I haven't talked that much lately but,
    I have been reallllll busy with school and work.

Oh, after next week I should be free during the week except Wed. and Tues. nights if that helps any.

18. Force_Me

Force_Me Jedi Youngling

Nov 12, 2002
    Sorry for being out of it for awhile.

Let me know if you guys get together soon.

Problem is Sat. is a bad day for me 99.9% of the time.

Sun. I can pull off 3/4 of the time.

19. Allie Fox

Jan 13, 2000
    The Macon Clones RPG Group will meet on Friday, May, 23 at Books-A-Million on Eisenhower Parkway in Macon. We will ahve a familiarization and character building session. If you're interested contact the Macon Clones at macon_clones@yahoo.com or visit our website.

We hope to see you there.

20. Allie Fox

Jan 13, 2000
    The RPG Platoon will be meeting again this Friday.

Head over to the website for details.

MACON CLONES homepage

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.