main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph [MAD MEN] Guy walks into an advertising agency...

Discussion in 'Community' started by kingthlayer, Jul 25, 2010.

1. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    [​IMG]

Up?

2. themetresgained

themetresgained Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2013
    Just watched. Holy crapola. Holy
    CAN TED AND PEGGY JUST DO IT ALREADY? I AM SO SICK OF ABE

3. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Favorite episode since season 4 finale. Really exciting rest of the season coming.

Armenian_Jedi likes this.
  4. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
  5. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    They don't allow bees in here.

6. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    I just wish there was a clip of sad don draper in there.

themetresgained likes this.
  7. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    [​IMG]

8. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I couldn't help but think of this after tonight's episode. :p

Anyway, that plane ride. Don and Ted's faces. [face_laugh] And Pete. What an episode to air on Mother's Day, lol. I loved Don in the end. He's so conflicted right now, barely even registering the news about Bobby Kennedy.

Armenian_Jedi likes this.
  9. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    I loved the handling of RFK. Shocking violence has lost its shock. It's just part of the backdrop now.

10. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    It should go without saying that I enjoyed Roger's scene tonight. It was perhaps the only funny moment in what is probably the most depressing episode of the season.

I'm wondering if the writing staff sat there thinking to themselves "Is it possible to ramp up the depths of Don's depravity any more than we already have?" with this episode being their answer. We always knew he was a cad, but this is taking the ball and running with it, and I love it. Of course, the real victim is Megan and that poor woman is so in the dark about all of Don's doings that it isn't funny.

The bit with Joan was an interesting diversion, it was also nice to see Bob Benson get some screentime here too and I feel that something is up with him, especially with his name on the list of people they're going to axe. It's like Chekhov's rule about a gun shown in the first act of a play going off by the third act - he has to be there for some reason aside from being the overly cheerful guy who is always there with two cups of coffee and willing to help out co-workers who face a serious medical condition.

11. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    "Whoa, whoa, whoa... I need something to eat."

"o_O Doesn't ice count?"

12. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Slattery's directed episodes have really been fantastic- I believe his last one was the episode with Pete at driver training last year.

Funny too that he has had the episode extend into the credits- with that one it was the sound of the leaking faucet, last night the Kennedy announcement. That could happen with other directors, I just don't recall it.

Edit- also, Burt Peterson. Haha.

13. George Roper

George Roper Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    'like'

14. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
  15. Havac

Sep 29, 2005
    Slattery is turning out to be a great director. Is there anything that man can't do?

heels1785 likes this.
  16. Armenian_Jedi

Armenian_Jedi Force Ghost star 7

Mar 14, 2003
    omg Burt Peterson. I forgot about that scene. That was incredible. ahahahaaa

17. Havac

Sep 29, 2005
    My favorite part about it was that Roger was doing it specifically for cutthroat position-preserving reasons. It's really fun seeing Roger back in the swing of things at work, pushing hard to stay relevant and keep all the up-and-comers at bay, when it looked for a while like he might just be resigning himself to becoming part of the furniture at the office, drawing a paycheck, and getting high.

heels1785 and tom like this.
  18. themetresgained

themetresgained Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2013
    Same goes for the minor mention of the student riots in Paris in 1968.

19. Rosslcopter

Rosslcopter Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I demand Apollo 8!

20. Havac

Sep 29, 2005
    Speaking of Slattery's direction, he's got his feature film debut lined up: he co-wrote and will direct God's Pocket. Starring Philip Seymour Hoffman, Christina Hendricks, and John Turturro. Should be interesting.

21. Havac

Sep 29, 2005
    Man, they should all be on drugs every episode.

EDIT: Ladies and gentlemen, Don Draper's issues!

Sith-Lord-Gunray likes this.
  22. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    That was easily one of my 5 favorite episodes in the series. This season is outstanding.

23. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Yeah damn, what a great Don episode. Peggy got some good moments too.

But what the **** was that with Ken? Oh my god that was hilariously awesome! I smell a new animated gif on the horizon.

heels1785 likes this.
  24. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    I'm pretty sure I need to re-watch this episode on mute with Dark Side of the Moon playing.

oh, and then there's this:

[​IMG]

Havac and Todd the Jedi like this.
  25. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    So I'm alone alone in thinking that was filler?

darthcaedus1138 likes this.