main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Madai [Sharr Latt and the war. AU]

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Elena, Jun 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elena

Elena Jedi Master star 3

Aug 16, 2003
    Summary: The end of the world had come and gone, but he?s still here. Sharr always did try too hard?

Author?s Note: Semi-creepy. Just kinda popped out of my head and into the screen. Originally meant to be a Kyp and Jag buddy story narrated by a dead Jaina, but Jaina died, Kyp committed suicide, and Jag turned into a politician. Along the way, this turned into a story I?ve been trying to write since the original Interpecies ?ship challenge.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Strife:
    1. Heated, often violent dissension; bitter conflict.
    2. A struggle, fight, or quarrel.
    3. Contention or competition between rivals.
    4. Archaic. Earnest endeavor or striving.

Sharr trudged through the ruins of the base, clutching his right arm to his side. He was pretty sure that he?d only sprained it, but there was no use breaking it in the meantime. At least the rubble isn?t burning anymore. Thank the maker for small favors. He?s being sarcastic, and he wonders if he would feel better if he could say his stupid comment out loud to Piggy, but then he realizes that Piggy is dead. Has been dead, for the last month and ten days.

Sharr wonders if anyone else survived the last attack.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Sitting on the remains of a bombed-up A-wing, he counts the ships he can salvage from the bay. Four. Maybe five if he?s got some help. Of course, that depends on whether there?ll be any help. He knows not to depend on Jaina ? she?s dead. She?s been dead three hours, when he watched her gasping breath finally stutter to a halt. From the blisters all over her body, he?d say she was exposed to a chemical weapon of some sort ? but this is the ?vong. Nothing is simple with the ?vong.

Either way, Jaina?s body is lying on the infirmary bed he dragged her to, and her soul is one with the force ? or in hell. He personally thought hell was more likely ? she could be rather vindictive to the ?vong civilians. Sharr doesn?t know if ?vong blood stains your hands, though.

If it does, he?ll be covered up to the elbows in the afterlife.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~``

The first one to straggle in is Durron ? no surprise there. After twenty years of doing this, Kyp?s got a survival instinct like nobody?s business. He?ll take care of himself, no matter what. Sharr gives him Jaina?s lightsaber. He can do what he wants with it; Sharr has no use for it.

Fel limps in next, favoring his right leg heavily. He has blood on his uniform, and white gleams through the mincemeat of his thigh and knee, and Sharr just knows that?s gotta hurt. The Chiss woman he?d come with is behind him, looking relatively whole and healthy compared to Fel. That?s not a surprise, though. The major has had three different ships shot out from under her, and she survived without a scratch. Some people have all the luck.

Lowie and Alema come in last ? he almost doesn?t recognize Piggy?s replacement. She?s just a bundle of meat and bone in Lowie?s arm, streaked with blood and ash. He doesn?t think she?ll survive another day. He doesn?t really care all that much ? he disliked her, and had let her know it every minute of the day.

They gather around him, mostly because he looks sane and he got there first.

?I think we got four, maybe five ships to get out of here. We have to work fast ? the scarheads may be gone, but their creations are still running around. I think the B-wing over there, the Lambda in the corner, and that trio of Y-wings can still run. I guess we should get to work.?

They all stare at him for a moment, then shrug and get to work. He doesn?t know when everyone started looking to him for leadership, for strength. All he knows is that it?s easier to suck it up then whine about it. Whining doesn?t get anything done, and not getting the right things done can be deadly. Lowie leaves Alema with Jag, and the rest of them get to work on the ships.

It only takes a day to get them spaceworthy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

At night, ever

2. Lusa_Thul

Lusa_Thul Jedi Master star 4

Sep 9, 2004
    Beautiful use of a sadly underused character! I've always had a soft spot for Sharr, because he entertains me, and you did a wonderful job with him! :)

3. ZekksGoddess

ZekksGoddess Jedi Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    Wow...great fic.:( Sad, but great.

Very dark and sad, but I enjoyed it. Loved how you handled Shar too, great job with that! Awesome fic, bravo! =D=

4. Elena

Elena Jedi Master star 3

Aug 16, 2003
    Lusa Thul:

Beautiful use of a sadly underused character! I've always had a soft spot for Sharr, because he entertains me, and you did a wonderful job with him!

Yeah, Sharr is pretty cool. Thanks for reading!

ZekksGoddess:

Very dark and sad, but I enjoyed it. Loved how you handled Shar too, great job with that! Awesome fic, bravo!

Thanks!

Elena

5. Courtney_Solo

Courtney_Solo Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    :_| Wow! I'm crying IMH! That was REALLY good!

You could have gotten 1st place w/ that!

If ur still interested on posting something simular, I have a new challenge somwhere around here... :D

I lved the way you handled that charcters, you really captured what they are like inside. (Did you even try?!)

Courtney_Solo

6. Elena

Elena Jedi Master star 3

Aug 16, 2003
    Courtney Solo:

You could have gotten 1st place w/ that!

*grins* Well, there's always next year...

If ur still interested on posting something simular, I have a new challenge somwhere around here...

Sure, go ahead.

I lved the way you handled that charcters, you really captured what they are like inside. (Did you even try?!)

Yes. Sharr is... fuzzy. He's hard to get a handle on.

Elena

7. djcati

djcati Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2004
    Sharr! Aw. I love him, he's so amusing. And interesting.

Another brilliant story from you, a very interesting AU of the war... :)

8. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    that was so sad *sniffs*
    but great ?fic =D=

~Mags~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.