main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Madden 2005: All-Madden Ballers!

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by HanSolOKniser3, Oct 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSolOKniser3

HanSolOKniser3 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 10, 2003
    Does anyone here play Madden 2005 on All-Madden?

If so, perhaps you would be willing to exchange some strategies, tips, plays, or stories.

I'm having trouble with two major components of play.

I can't seem to throw any deep passes on offense, and I'm having trouble establishing any sort of pass rush on defense.

The only team I use is the Seattle Seahawks.

My Defensive philosophy is pretty conservative. I like to play with both safeties playing a deep zone, and I'd like to keep them there while bringing heat with my front 3 or 4. I've been using Quarters, Dime-Over (I think that's what it is called), and against the run I've just recently switched to a 3-4 D.

On Offense, I mostly use I-Formation: Normal. My run game is solid but I'm unable to throw deep. Ever. I have practically mastered a form of quick slants which keeps me competetive during games, but my inability to gain any easy yards on a long pass is frustrating me.

So, does anyone else have anything to share? I'd love to get some tips on "safe" blitzes and long ball techniques.

[face_peace]
    :D
    [face_monkey]

2. SecondBest

SecondBest Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 5, 2003
    I find it pretty easy to throw deep. Most of the time I'll do a play action pass and bootleg to the right. I'll have a WR or TE wide open most of the time.

3. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    Yeah. I always throw deep. Sometimes when you do a fake play no one can catch it. Always throw the Hail Mary.

4. deadjedi_willbe

deadjedi_willbe Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 31, 2003
    On I-Formation normal, it's easy pass coverage because your opponent's safeties only have to concern themselves with the 2 wide outs. To get the ball deep, spread it out. But if you like to keep the I-Formation, try crossing your TE and WR. Send your WR on a post and your TE on a flag. If your TE is a stud, he'll make some plays. Play action also works if you have the ground game you're boasting. But don't start that until late 2nd quarter. Establish the run game then mix it up.

Edit: Traditionally, the "I" is a run formation, not a passing formation. You notice that the NFL has gone away from the "I" as the basic formation. The basic formation now is the single back set. Also, if you're getting a lot of double coverage on your WR's from the safeties, send your halfback on a fly strait down the field. More than likely, a MLB will cover him and will not be able to keep up. The question is, does your HB have good hands? ;)

5. HanSolOKniser3

HanSolOKniser3 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 10, 2003
    Thanks for your responses.

One of the reasons that I want to keep using I-form Normal is because I want force my human opponent (a guy I work with) to have to respect both my run and my pass. That is why I need to figure out a way to go deeeeeep, with this formation. Instead of bombing it from a predictable formation, I like to throw deep out of the I on, like, 2nd down with 3 yards to go.

On M2004, I had a Play Action pass play that I created which worked beautifully against the computer on the "All-Madden" difficulty level. So far, and I've only played 10 "All-Madden" games on M2005, either I don't have any time to pass w/play action or if I can get 1 on 1 coverage with a corner he goes up and knocks the pass down. My receiver is smothered.

Meanwhile, of course, the computer is completing passes into double and triple coverages with regularity. With M2004, it took me a while to figure out all of the angles, and I assume that I'll be able to do the same with M2005. (I'm hoping. :D )

I'll try spreading out my offense and the trick of crossing up my WR and my TE and see what happens.

I would still like to get more tips on specific plays, both on Offense and Defense. Anyone else want to share?

For my part, I usually create my own plays, but I-Form Normal has a very nice Quick Slants play that when you learn to read the safeties and LB's can roll you right down the field. I also run Counter runs to both the right and the left. I've created my own running play that pitches either left or right and if I'm pitching to my strong side, sometimes I'll bring my receiver on that side over to the weak side leaving the potential for a big running play to the strongside.

[face_peace]
    :D
    [face_monkey]

6. deadjedi_willbe

deadjedi_willbe Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 31, 2003
    If your staying in the "I" for a human opponent. Just tinker around with single back and see what he does for an audible. Or, have your single back audibles set up, come out in the "I", audible, then look at his adjustments. He will expose his coverage and blitzing package. You can then create your passing attack off of that. Then you will own him.

7. SecondBest

SecondBest Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 5, 2003
    If you're playing against someone else, then try and double his favorite reciever. You'll start getting interceptions in no time. :)

And on short yard situations, bring in all your players in a fake blitz. Your opponent will hopefully change the play.

I have very little success in bump and run coverage. But if you have good corners, then try that.

That's all I have right now. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.