main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Madine's Thread - Updated - Watto and Chewie

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by semicooke, Aug 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lippy

Lippy Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 14, 2004
    OMG... :_| that's absalutly BEAUTIFUL! I just LOVE LOVE LOVE that Karrde!

2. Siths_Herald

Siths_Herald Minnesota CR, MNFF Co-Leader star 2

Jan 5, 2004
    That Karrde is amazing. When Outbound Flight was released, Timothy Zahn did a book signing at a local store. The previous evening we were lucky enough that he joined our local chapter for dinner. I ended up talking with him a little about the cover art on novels. He mentioned that the authors seldom have much input in the cover art and many times the cover art and other various character depictions do not really match up with their original vision.

I have to believe even Mr. Zahn would appreciate this piece.

3. rhi-sparks

rhi-sparks Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2006
    That Karrde is VERY VERY good.
    So good, I might just stick it on a Favourites on my computer...
    :)

4. Nidrail

Nidrail Moderator Emeritus star 3 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2005
    LOL Madine! I understand that for sure! But it is a really beautiful piece! And Talon Kardde looks cool too! Yeah he reminds me of someone too, but I can't think of it either! LOL!

Awesome paintings/drawings/etc!

5. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    Wow! I picked a great time to get back into this forum! I'm really glad not to have missed your work. :)

Like so many other people, I just adore the sketch of Padmé. Your use of color is amazing in it and gives it a Tatooine feel. Personally, I think the likeness is wonderful.

And I really enjoyed the Watto pictures. What great techinique and style! He seems so alive throughout the pictures. Also, the sketch of Chewie with 3-PO's head is classically beautiful. I love a good sketch like that. :)

I can't wait to see more.

6. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    Obviously, you bleed talent, so no point in pointing out that they're fabulous.

That said, you are unfortunately endeared to my heart forever for the "Hayden/Alec" piece.
    The aging on Anakin sent chills down my spine. Another fantastic point is he still manages to look not unlike Sebastian Shaw. *sigh* The man Anakin could have been.
    I love any story that explores Anakin making the better decisions and where it takes him.
    If I might make a suggestion, might I suggest taking another AU approach. I'm not quite sure how it would work in-universe, but seeing your aged Anakin compells me to come forward.
    Could you try an aged Anakin and Padme with Luke and Leia aged 20 as padawans? Toss in Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi, and I'll love you forever.

That said, I also really love your cartoon sketches. Really harkens to the CW cartoons (which is a compliment in my book).

And I adore your Watto pic. I've never seen anything quite like it around here. Either the medium or the character. Just plain gorgeous.

7. semicooke

semicooke Legacy Concept Artist star 1 VIP

Dec 1, 1998
    [face_blush] Wow. Such great responses. Thanks all.

academygrad88: Most, if not all my paintings, are done with gouache/acrylic on cold-press Crescent(Illustration) Board. Yeah, I didn't mean for it, nor did I use referrence of him, but I've been told this painting came out looking like John Malkovich. :) Which I now can't shake from my mind!

Siths_Herald: That is such a ridiculously nice compliment, dare I use the blush smiley twice in one post?? [face_blush] That's amazing that you were able to talk with Zahn, the man single-handedly responsible for breathing life back into the EU.

That_Wascally_Droid: "Could you try an aged Anakin and Padme with Luke and Leia aged 20 as padawans? Toss in Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi, and I'll love you forever. "
    Looks like I've got my next sketching assignment!

Seriously, thank you all. It's great to hear that you like my work.
    I hope I can continue to create pieces that you all respond to.

8. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    Yes, I can see that. I think that might be who I was thinking of.

Great job.

AG88

9. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    That Watto storyboard is amazing:eek:

Really, absolutely incredible painting, beautiful colours and lighting... most impressive artwork I've seen on here for months.

Chewie is also very cool, I do love good pencil work.

Edit: I missed the Karrde painting; it's outstanding.

10. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    I heartily look forward to the Skywalker Jedi family piece ;D
    If you ever lack for inspiration, I'm sure I could find some projects for you :p

11. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Those are just simply beautiful. No lie when I say that you have just rendered me speechless.

I especially adore the Karrde piece. I've never seen anything quite like it before and I love it! Please keep up the awesome work and post more soon! :D

12. Giolon05

Giolon05 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2005
    Oh man! Talon Karrde is one of my favorite EU characters! He looks great.

As for Watto and Chewie, very nicely done. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.