main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO Magic Duels: Origins

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Evil Incarnate, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Evil Incarnate

Evil Incarnate Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 18, 2003
    [​IMG]

Does anyone here play this? They finally made the duels series completely free to play... unless you want to pay anyway. :rolleyes:

Evil.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  2. StrikerKOJ

StrikerKOJ Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 21, 2014
    It's ok. The interface is certainly more "slick" than the MTG Online client (doesn't take much), but based on my limited exposure so far something feels... off. The deck building in particular feels really restrictive, as far as the ability to organize and sort cards.

I wish the resources that were devoted to this product were spent on smoothing out the MTGO client. It would seem that a "free" duels mode of the current set would have been more effective to include into the primary client so it doesn't so much feel like an entirely separate product. With all the money Wizards/Hasbro must be raking in off of MTG(O) it boggles my mind how poorly made their primary client is.

If you are a casual fan of TCGs, this isn't a bad product. If you are in to MTG on anything more than a very basic level, this feels like a waste of time.

3. Evil Incarnate

Evil Incarnate Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 18, 2003
    I've been pretty big into MTG for a couple years now. I personally won't touch MTGO, I spend enough as it is on the physical game. This provides a way for me to play when I have nothing else to do and no one around to play with.

I can agree with you on most of your points though. Fortunately they're working toward expanding this current game to include all future sets, so the card pool(which is the biggest problem) will only keep growing at this rate.

Evil.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.