main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive Magic The Gathering: Glory

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Rayson, Jun 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rayson

Rayson Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    Approved by: NaboosPrincess

Magic: The Gathering - Glory

Barbarians
    War among the barbarian tribes of the Pardic Mountains has erupted again. The harsh heat of the mountains, and rocks stained with blood make for a very dull environment, despite the constant clash of weaponry and the occasional rock slides. The main leaders of the dominant tribe are Kamahl, a young warrior, and his sister, Jeska, a fierce fighter and talented mage. Under the guidance of the gruff dwarf, Balthor, the two siblings have managed to defeat nearly every barbarian tribe to come against them.

Kamahl, sick of the fighting, has left the Pardic Mountains to claim glory as his own in the Pit Fights of Otaria. In pursuit of him is his Sister Jeska, and Balthor, the Dwarf, who are also caught up in Pit Fighting, working as a duo.

The Cabal
    The Dark and twisted warriors and minions of the Cabal have been making money off the Pit Fights for many years, and seemingly now their luck has increased again. Chainer, a young Dementia Master has found it necessary to pass time in the Pits, drawing a crowd, has befriended Kamahl, a Pardic warrior bent on getting glory on the filed of battle. The two of them, working together, have the power and the charisma to win and earn the Cabal money. Chainer is a devout servant to the Cabal Patriarch, the leader of the Cabal, and possibly the most powerful dark wizard in all of Dominaria. Because most of the business generated by the Cabal is in the Pit Fighting, most of the Cabal's servants work in the Pit's, or fight in the pits. When someone dies in the Pits, one of the Cabal resurrects them, and if they've lost any limbs or skin, they can be grafted on.

The Cephalids
    Under the leadership of their Emporer, Aboshan, the Cephalids have been secretly plotting to conquer the land as their own territory, no matter what the cost. At the same time Aboshan as in a non-declared war against his former spouse Llawan, who has quite the army under her. Despite Aboshan's ignorance, his goal has been set to the Ultimate Prize.

Ambassador Laquatus seemingly can't make up his mind. He is an ally to both Aboshan and Llawan, though seemingly much more loyal to Aboshan. Being a crafty character, he is quite likely to chose a permanent ally one victory is in site for one of them.

The Order
    A mixture of Avens and Soldiers, the Order is devoted to restoring peace and prosperity to Otaria and Dominaria. The Order's sole enemy is the Cabal, who spread their filth and disease to everyone. The Order thinks that if the Cabal are defeated, than everyone will be happy. The ignorant Lieutenant Kirtar, an Aven Soldier, has found it necessary to kill anything that may pose a threat to The Order, and in doing so has aggravated many of the Commanders of The Order's army. Major Teroh, one of the leading Military powers has personally taken Kirtar with him on his vendetta against the Cabal, to ensure that Kirtar doesn't go against anyone he shouldn't. Preferably allies.

The Nantuko
    The Nantuko, headed by Thriss, are a vicious race of large Praying Mantis like creatures. Extremely fast, and incredibly smart, they can appear out of the forest from almost nothing. Thriss is very wise, and knows much of the goings on of Otaria. The Nantuko are very in tune with nature, and being as dangerous as they are, they can be quite gentle.

The Mirari
    The Mirari, known as the ultimate prize to some, shows many people their futures, and makes people crave it beyond belief. Also, when wielded properly, can grant great power to anyone, and can be bent to their will. The origin of the Mirari is not certain. Perhaps it was left behind by the Phyrexians, after their invasion, or perhaps it is an ancient relic uncovered at last. Despite it's unknown origins, one thing is for

2. Darth_Luinel_Kun

Darth_Luinel_Kun Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2005
    NP edit: No need for unconstructive comments.

3. DarkLord_Do_Urden

DarkLord_Do_Urden Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2005
    You're joking, right? It's a non-SW RP for a little variety on the boards. Well, here is my character
    sheet:

Approved

Name: Opo
    Approximate Age: 75
    Faction: The Order
    Character (Creature) Type: Aven
    Special Abilities: Flying
    Eye Color: Blue
    Hair Color: White
    Distinct Markings: Wings (White)
    Weaponry: Curved Spear (Spear with a curved blade)

4. Darth_Luinel_Kun

May 28, 2005
    Well I'll join

Name: Luinel Kun
    Approximate Age: 23
    Faction:The Order
    Character (Creature) Type: Rogue
    Special Abilities: Stealth and Achery
    Eye Color: geen
    Hair Color: (If Any)black
    Distinct Markings: Maul face
    Weaponry: bow, scimtar, curved dagger,

OOC:So what do I do?

5. darth_Boba

darth_Boba Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 28, 2002
    I think non-star wars RPGs have to be mod approved.

6. tyratoku

tyratoku Jedi Knight star 1

May 10, 2005
    darth_Boba posted on 6/1/05 4:28pm
    I think non-star wars RPGs have to be mod approved.
    [hr][/blockquote]

[i]"Approved by: NaboosPrincess"[/i]

it says that at the top.

oh, and people, you are supposed to PM your sheets to the GM...

7. darth_Boba

darth_Boba Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 28, 2002
    Ah, must have missed that. Go about your business.

8. DarkLord_Do_Urden

DarkLord_Do_Urden Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2005
    Yes, first PM your sheet to the GM, wait to see if he approves it, then play the RP when he tells us to.

9. Zedd-Vega

Zedd-Vega Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 2003
    OOC: I'll be playing Balthor. Just waiting for Rayson to approve the sheet.

10. Rayson

Apr 10, 2002
    Darth_Luinel_Kun: Please READ THE RULES, you MUST PM your Character Sheet to me, I'm sorry, but you cannot participate. [face_plain]

11. Darth_Luinel_Kun

May 28, 2005
    OOC: all right...

12. Zedd-Vega

Zedd-Vega Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 2003
    GM APPROVED CHARACTERS

Name: Adriel, Cabal Inquisitor
    Approximate Age: 31
    Faction: (Cabal)
    Character (Creature) Type: Minion
    Special Abilities: Threshold
    Eye Color: White
    Hair Color: Black
    Distinct Markings: Cabal tattoos over his eyes
    Weaponry: Two daggers holstered at his waist, Magic
    [image=http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/odyssey/cabal_inquisitor.jpg]

Name: Ocvran, Painbringer
    Approximate Age: 31
    Faction: (Cabal)
    Character (Creature) Type: Minion
    Special Abilities: None
    Eye Color: Unknown
    Hair Color: Black with violet tips
    Distinct Markings: Cabal tattoos on his arms
    Weaponry: Magic
    [image=http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/odyssey/painbringer.jpg]

13. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    GM APPROVED

Name: Dracoris of the Black Flames
    Approximate Age: 40 (looks 20 though...)
    Faction: Cabal
    Character (Creature) Type: Half-Dragon Minion Legend
    Special Abilities: (If Any) Breathes Toxic Black Flames, is immune to them though, Can Fly Short distances, for short amounts of time, about a little less than an Aven.
    In MTG Card Text...
    Threshold: (When there are 7 or more cards in your graveyard, this card gains flying and whenever it deals battle damage, each opponent discards 1 card from his/her hand.)
    Power/Toughness: 5/4
    Eye Color: Red
    Hair Color: (If Any) None
    Distinct Markings: Has Pitch Black Scaly Skin, with some assorted battle scars.
    Weaponry: 2 Large Scimitars, fit for his large size.

14. Rayson

Apr 10, 2002
    So, I take it no one is interested in this?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.