main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Padu, KY Maiden Alley Showing of Fanboy!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by pacervader, May 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pacervader

pacervader Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 27, 2005
    Hey Guys,
    The Maiden Ally Cinema is hosting a screening of our fanfilm on Saturday June 27th. We will be having a meet an greet before the movie starting at 6:00 pm with the movie starting at 8:00 pm. The cost for the evening will be $10.00 and that will include appetizers. Please tell everyone about it and invite lots of friends and family, I hope to see you all there! pv

2. TKYTROOPER

TKYTROOPER Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 18, 2005
    Teaser banner is up on Maiden's site. Check it out. http://www.maidenalleycinema.com/

3. thesilverspyder

thesilverspyder Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 11, 2007
    hurm... they need to update their graphic right? it doesn't have the title or a description.

4. SithMonger

SithMonger Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 1, 2005
    I like it. Saw it Monday. More information will come soon, I'm sure. Got the final price on the showing yet, PV?

5. TKYTROOPER

Sep 18, 2005
    Will has not got them what they asked for for the website yet. He should have it soon. This is a "teaser" banner (i/e the no title or description spyder) I think it works great for now.

Still do not have an updated price yet. Should have it soon though.

6. Nardo

Nardo Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 21, 2006
    I love it! It's so mysterious! LOL

7. TheSimi

TheSimi Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 17, 2008

So who else is going to do finger foods for the 12th? I know Shannon W and I kindda said we would at the meeting. I'm still up for that. I'll make PV's favs ( but you have to share with the others) and some teriyaki meat balls. I can come up with another item if needed. do we have an approximate idea on number of guests?

8. TKYTROOPER

Sep 18, 2005
    OK final details are: Meet and greet (this includes trooping for all our costumes) from 6:00 to 7:30. Show starts at 7:30. So we need to be there suited up by 6 and be out of costume by show time at 7:30. We will have a q&a session after the film. We plan to decorate the lobby with props from the film. We need to do finger foods and snacks like we did for the Yeiser showing. We had a ton of food for the Yeiser show but I think we will need more for this showing. Let's start a list on this thread of who is bringing what. The concession stand will be open for soft drinks ect. Beer will be provided for free (thanks to Walker Stone for sponsering this event). This way Maiden is charging for appitizers and drinks NOT for addmission to the film. This way there are no copywright problems to deal with. This will be a charity screening with proceeds to benefit the Lions Club Telethon. Tickets are $10 each for the general public. I'm not sure what club members or costumed 501st members will need to pay if anything. I personally don't mind paying the $10 cause $5 will go to the telethon anyway. We will get that worked out before the 27th. Our radio ad is being recorded this week and should start being aired this weekend. The event is also listed on Paducah's ilist. So everyone spead the word, I really think we could pack the house. This should be a big fun event. Everyone involved should be there to celebrate the end of all the work we have put into the film over the last couple of years. Now lets sit back and enjoy it!

9. LordINVAR

LordINVAR Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2002
    It hugely sucks I am going to have to miss this showing.

I have a speaking engagement out of state and there's no way out of that since it was scheduled months ago.

I do hope it is a smash success, I know this showing will have a lot of marketing. It is well deserved.

10. pacervader

pacervader Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 27, 2005
    Hey Guys,
    Tickets are about to go on sale so if you want one or several please post the number you will need asap so we can be sure not to sell yours. If you are trooping I believe there is a discount, can someone who knows please post, other wise the tickets are $10 ea. This is going to be a great event, so dont' miss out! pv

11. DarkLordOsirisPrime1

DarkLordOsirisPrime1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 18, 2006
    I'll take 4, just in case my wife doesn't have to work. And I'll bring something for appetizers, probably a desert of some kind.

12. thesilverspyder

thesilverspyder Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 11, 2007
    I'll take 2. I will be trooping and Julia will bring some kind of food item. Not sure what. Let us know what you need.

13. DarkLordOsirisPrime1

Dec 18, 2006
    Change my tickets to 5. Thanks.

14. TKYTROOPER

Sep 18, 2005
    If you guys have not checked out the Maiden site since it was updated. Here you go http://www.maidenalleycinema.com/

It's almost like a real movie! lol

15. TK8049

TK8049 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2006
    HEY!!! It looks like their showing ANVIL:The Story Of Anvil the same weekend as our movie!! Man I'd like to see that.

16. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    I'd like to RSVP for 2 please

17. TKYTROOPER

Sep 18, 2005
    OK guys here is the lowdown on the Maiden tickets. All club members who want to be guaranteed a seat for the showing will need to pay the $10 and buy a ticket. If you don't care if you are guaranteed a seat there will be no charge. We can stand in back or aisle hall, chill in lobby, whatever. This works out well for us since it is letting us get in free and works for the house cause that allows them to sell as many tickets as they have seats. (more money for telethon) A win win in my book. If there are empty seats for the showing and those that did not reserve a seat by buying a ticket want to they may then sit in the unsold seats. I know many of the costumes may end up staying in costume and wouldn't be sitting anyway. John, the manager of Maiden, has really went to bat for us against the board of directors for us to show the film there. They are willing to take a risk on this and doing it this way will help ease the situation. They are basically giving up 2 showings of Anvil to do this instead. So bottom line if you feel you really really want to make sure you have a seat, go ahead and get a $10 ticket. Remember $5 of it is going to the Telethon anyway. Hopefully by having a great show and making the board happy we will do more with Maiden Alley in the future. (I'm thinking private screening of Star Wars in 3D...... maybe){fingers crossed} lol

18. TheSimi

Feb 17, 2008
    We'll be needing 1 ticket for sure. I'll let you know ASAP if we need more. I'll bring appetizers- Bower's favs and something else probably. Can't wait!

19. DarkLordOsirisPrime1

Dec 18, 2006
    Do we have to pre-purchase our tickets or can we buy them that day?

20. Nardo

Feb 21, 2006
    TK8050 and I are making signs for the Star Wars themed appetizers. Could you please let us know exactly what you will be bringing so we can make a sign for them? We have been making up names all weekend. So, if you don't have a name for it don't worry about it, we can come up with something. Just text me or post it! Thanks! Preferably before Saturday if you don't mind, since I would like to have it done by Friday. Thanks guys!

21. TheSimi

Feb 17, 2008
    I'm bringing little smokies in bbq sauce, Bower's favorite carmel bars, and rice krispy treats.

22. DarkLordOsirisPrime1

Dec 18, 2006
    I'll be bringing Rodian Roll-ups: Ranch, cheese, and pepper tortillas. Also, will be bringing a desert, not sure which one yet.

23. Nardo

Feb 21, 2006
    LOL. we came up with a good one for your dessert thingy Jen. Hehe. Thanks for posting guys! This is gonna be awesome.

24. LordINVAR

LordINVAR Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2002
    I have to try and have my cake and eat it too.

I'm going to try and get my speaking engagement in Lexington finished by 3:30 so I can make the drive back and be here by 6:30-7.

I won't have any food this time, but I will bring my robes to troop for a little bit. This IS going to be big. I have heard the radio spots all day long on both AM and FM stations.

The word is out. Hopefully we will sell the place out.

25. SithMonger

SithMonger Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 1, 2005
    Hey guys, just want to thank everyone for all their efforts for bringing this together. You guys are great! This is going to be awesome!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.