Mail Order Still Available?

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by Tobey-Wan, May 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tobey-Wan Jedi Master

star 9
    Is the mail order stuff still available? I didn't find out about the chance to mail order stuff until I got home so I don't have a sheet. Does anyone know if you can still do it by some other means? TIA.
  2. Tobey-Wan Jedi Master

star 9
    Okay, then does someone possibly have a blank mail order form they would be willing to scan and send to me or post?
  3. Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Master

star 4
    I was under the impression that the stuff from the Celebration store was only available while at the celebration.
  4. OUTLANDER-X Jedi Youngling

I thought mail-order was a rumour. I didn't see any order forms at the store and noone even offered he option. (surprise) If it isn't and anyone has a form, I'd like to get one too.
  5. pyanfar Jedi Youngling

star 1
    i'd like to know, too. i posted something to the same effects on the Indy Knights board...

:eek:\
  6. vadersfist Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Yeah, I think they were taking orders on store merchandise (probably excluding the figure) for those who got there and found nothing left. I don't have a form though. Hope someone else can help.
  7. Grimby Technical Consultant

Administrator
    star 7
    when i was at the store on saturday morning there were a few items i wanted but they didn't have. the girl at the desk gave me an order form to fill out and told me they'd be shipped out in 6-8 weeks. i got the impression though that they would only be taking these order forms at the celebration and not anywhere else or through the mail. the form i filled out was in triplicate and i got the pink copy. i suppose i could scan it if you really want to see it......
  8. MaximusVader Jedi Youngling

star 1
    The mail order service was only available at the Celebration. You had to turn in your sheets and money before the store closed on Sunday. They started with the mail order sheets on Saturday when almost all of the items were gone. This was WotC's way of insuring that the merchandise was exclusive without having stuff left over to destroy. And the lousy bast**ds even made us pay shipping on it, even though it was THEIR choice to do this.

Just another thing to add to the list of ways we were plugged by WotC.
  9. Tobey-Wan Jedi Master

star 9
    Bah. Guess I should have gotten in a "Pick up Mail Order form" line...
  10. Meriwyn Former RSA

star 4
    You couldn't order the figure on the Mail Order form (that figures, huh?), but you could order everything else that had a Celebration 2 logo on it. I ordered a poster. Hopefully I'll actually get it.
  11. Tobey-Wan Jedi Master

star 9
    Well, thanks to WOTC people are now selling pretty much all C2 Store merchandise on eBay. T-shirts are going for $20+!

Thank you WOTC for your half-assed effort!
  12. pyanfar Jedi Youngling

star 1
    i remember the Insider offering some of the Celebration I stuff in the Jawa Trader a few weeks/months (can't remember exactly) after it was over. i can't decide if i wanna try eBay or take my chances and wait for it to pop up in the Insider, if it even does...

i was only there on Sunday, btw. my very first con! next time i'm definitely going for all three days...

:eek:\
  13. MaximusVader Jedi Youngling

star 1
    If any of the C2 stuff shows up in the Insider, WotC is going to have more problems than they have now with fans complaining. Before the convention, they made multiple statements saying that "unlike the first Celebrtaion, the merchandise at C2 WILL BE EXCLUSIVE" and not offered anywhere later. Why else would they have made so little of it to have at the convention? They didn't want to have any left over to destroy. They would rather sell out, have a mail order sheet, charge inflated shipping charges (more money), and just make the stuff after the Celebration is over. 6-8 weeks for delivery? Great.
  14. JarJarJedi Jedi Master

star 6
    The best part about it is that anyone who had to order their stuff that they wanted to buy (like me) has to wait until after AOTC! :(
  15. Shara Jedi Padawan

star 4
    When i filled out my order form, I don't remember anything about shipping being added to it. Or at least I didn't see it. I don't have my receipt on me, but I bought a women's shirt and a patch which came to $23 and that's all I remember being charged. I know that it was still in the lower to mid-$20's. so either they didn't charge me shipping, or they charged it to my card without me knowing.
  16. Bruno_Fett Jedi Padawan

star 4
    After begging the girl on sunday morning to look under the table to see if there were even a ripped packaged Jorg Sacul figure, I filled out the order form to get the T-Shirt they only seemed to have in medium. I dont remember there being any "shipping" charge, there was however "sales tax" added, which seemed like something new that weekend.
  17. MaximusVader Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I can guarantee you that there was a 15 percent charge for shipping. I have my reciept right here. And I also heard something about sheets not being filled out correctly being refunded by Wizards and thrown out. It was pissing a lot of people off, the disrespect that was being shown.
  18. Tobey-Wan Jedi Master

star 9
    I wish that when I had asked about the stuff on Saturday the girl at the table had told me about the mail order option. Or wasn't it available at that point? It was around 4:00 PM on Saturday.
  19. aaron011 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    On the reciept it has the date of the weekend only so I assume you can't order any more. It says only one per item and 15% for shipping. For ex... 1 pen/case and 1 mug = $30.00 plus $5.00 for shipping. $35.00 !!! Allow 6-8 weeks for delivery. And if you can still get the stuff, it'll be good for some and bad for the others who wasted hours in line.
  20. YodaJeff Manager Emeritus

star 7
    I remeber that for sure they added 15% for shipping, and I think they rounded up to the nearest dollar (my shipping was $4.50 and they charged me $5... maybe they didn't have any change). I'm assuming that they took all the merchandise they had to C2, and then they will only make enough more to fill all of the orders. Of course, they could have made twice as much in the first place, and they still would be sold out. Hopefully they'll get some better numbers from this convention to use in planning C3.
  21. DarkJediPrincess Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Yes, they rounded everybody's 15% shipping up - never down, because they didn't want to deal with change.

Now think about it...they made a buck off of me and the last poster...and maybe a buck off the next three guys and gals...and another off of the next four...and on and on.

Not only that, they started with this 'we don't have change thing' on Saturday, another lady told me about it in line for the concert.

So how much did that truly add up to? At the very best, you can chalk it up to extreme laziness and disrespect for their customers (we already knew that). At the worst, it's quite a nice little scam to pad your profit margin.

DJP

22. DonC Jedi Master

star 4
    What you needed to have done was go up to the counter and tell them what you wanted, they then filled out the order sheet, took your money and gave you a reciept. They only stuff they had left at about 1pm Saturday was the program, small sizes on shirts and some pins.
  23. Silmarillion Manager Emerita/Ex RSA

star 6
    I wanted one of the girls tees, but they were out Sat and told me to come back Sun. So I did. But then they told me they were sold out and couldn't get any more.

So now I have 3 of those bright yellow volunteer shirts and that's it.
  24. lija Jedi Youngling

star 2
    I was at the store on Saturday around 2-3 pm and they were filling out the order forms during that time. I didn't order anything that day since they kept on telling people to come back on Sunday and they should have more available. I'm a bit annoyed that I didn't get the set of passes (it was the one thing besides the poster and t-shirt that I wanted the most). I didn't realize they would sell out some of the stuff and can't be re-ordered when I went on Sunday afternoon to order them. :(
  25. pyanfar Jedi Youngling

star 1
    i wanted one of the girl shirts, too, but all i could get on Sunday (the only day we went) was the blue shirt in Medium. oh well, i like that one too.

one of the guys i went with got one of the Clone Trooper stand-up's from the store...

*amy is sleepy!*
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.