main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV Main reason being a Trekkie is a bad thing.

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Jankarakk, Aug 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jankarakk

Jankarakk Jedi Master star 4

Aug 27, 2003
    I was browsing around the media department of my store this evening after I got off work. I was looking for a cd to buy then decided there wasn't anything I wanted and found my way over to the dvd's. I was lookin at all the box sets and saw brightly colored boxes...they happened to be Star Trek Voyager i think it was. Whatever it was I know it was Star Trek. And you could buy the first three seasons all in one box for the low low price of $280. That is for only 21 discs of Star Trek. For one box set....of the first season at least....was $120. so for the three seasons you get to save roughly 30 bucks a season but that's still rediculously priced...especially when all the other seasons are nowhere near that expensive not htat i've seen at least...thus the reason I am glad I am not a trekkie. Ok I'm done...off ot bed now.

2. Axia_Euxine

Axia_Euxine Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2003
    Yes, the dvds for all the Star Trek shows are insanely priced. Alias is in the 40-50$ range, Buffy is in that range as well while Star Trek is nearly 3 times that! I would love to have them all on DVD, currently I have none on DVD and its going to stay that why at those prices.

3. Starr_Saberblade

Starr_Saberblade Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 21, 2004
    my brother and father are trekkies... I almost had Quinn to the right side but my dad saw him more at the time so now he makes ME watch it... I know way to much about it after words I run to my room and pop in the greatest thing on earth! STAR WARS. but they have 2 seionss of DS9 ( deep space 9 for those of you who don't follow it) and we watch one a week...well now I'm done complaing about it your right they do spend more money... oh well...

4. Axia_Euxine

Axia_Euxine Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2003
    That is biggest reason for that is Paramount (those who own Star Trek) are money grubbing facists, lucasfilm gives things away in comparison to star trek.

5. JediMasterRevan

JediMasterRevan Jedi Youngling star 4

May 18, 2004
    Nothings wrong with fascism. Actually it's better than democracy in most respects. If America was fascist it would run so much smoother.

6. Acthar_Sm-Ith

Acthar_Sm-Ith Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2002
    yes, it would run much smoother overall, but the draw backs of sucha form of government are terrible (you always need someone to subjegate, no freedoms,so on and so on), its a very oppressive ideology.

7. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    I figured the main reason being a Trekkie is a bad thing is the constant wedgies, swirlies, and purple nurples.

8. Jankarakk

Jankarakk Jedi Master star 4

Aug 27, 2003
    very first season of Star Trek came out on DVD today.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.