main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Major issues with the new Rebels TV Series........

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by StarWars2015, Oct 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StarWars2015

StarWars2015 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 5, 2012
    Now that I had to chance to catch up on the Rebels new TV Series I have to say its it finally nice to see Star Wars or at least a feeling of the OT back on our TV. That being said, I really wish they had went in another direction with this series, because I find it hard to believe this is going to be canon and esstenial to the overall story..............

1.) Why tie the series to the Jedi, the whole purpose of the Dark Times is that the few surviving Jedi are in Exile, they are in no position to be running around the galaxy recklessly throwing around the force and using lightsabers like Kanon is doing. Darth Vader would be on his so fast his head would spin the minute he brought out a lightsaber.

2.) Whats worst than this is he has already found a force sensitive kid, on a barren world that happens to have a Imperial garrison, must like Tatooine. does this remind you of anything......this smacks of the Luke/Obi Wan story all over again. "Come with me and let me teach you the ways of the force". Wouldnt Yoda and Obi-Wan in exile sense this, Wouldnt Vader and the Emperor sense it too when Kanon attempts to train this kid ?? This series should focus on the very beginnings of the Rebellion, and characters that do not have any connection to the Force, We are lead to believe that at the beginning of A NEW HOPE, the Force is a anicent reglion, lost long ago, and any who speak of it are kooks or old hermits.

3.) The Manalorian Chick who is a explosive expert or even the Twilek piolet would make a much more interesting story at this point instead of attempting to rehash the old Luke/ObiWan arc form A New Hope. Also this brings me to Diversty. Diversty is good, but in the OT, the vast majority of the Rebellion was humans............Why is this crew who is supposeily going to bring a spark to the beginning of armed resistance to the Empire so damn Diverse that is bears no resemblance to the Rebellion we remember form the movies.

4.) The Storm troopers in this show are utterly patheic, and cant hit the side of a brick wall. They look every bit as bad as the ones that took on the Ewoks in ROTJ. Where are the Dark Times, Where is the Imperial Power, Where is a Galaxy being supressed by dictatoral powers beyond its control. They need to grow us a set and show us the Dark times.

5.) Why would Vader send a inquistor around to do his dirty work.....this question must be answered ?

I hope this show fills in these gaps and shows us the beginnings of the rebellion we all remember but at this point, I really dont think anybody George Lucas hired to come up with a orginal story on their own...............

2. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Can't you just post this in the official rebels thread?

3. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    I don't have many complaints besides the animation, but thats a minor annoyance.

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  4. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    The animation will take some time to get used too yes.

5. ExiIe

ExiIe Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 11, 2014
    1.) Why tie the series to the Jedi, the whole purpose of the Dark Times is that the few surviving Jedi are in Exile, they are in no position to be running around the galaxy recklessly throwing around the force and using lightsabers like Kanon is doing. Darth Vader would be on his so fast his head would spin the minute he brought out a lightsaber.

I agree, Kanan hasnt shown to be the most competent person, when he first revealed him self it should have been in a more desperate situation like saving Ezras life.

2.) Whats worst than this is he has already found a force sensitive kid, on a barren world that happens to have a Imperial garrison, must like Tatooine. does this remind you of anything......this smacks of the Luke/Obi Wan story all over again. "Come with me and let me teach you the ways of the force". Wouldnt Yoda and Obi-Wan in exile sense this, Wouldnt Vader and the Emperor sense it too when Kanon attempts to train this kid ?? This series should focus on the very beginnings of the Rebellion, and characters that do not have any connection to the Force, We are lead to believe that at the beginning of A NEW HOPE, the Force is a anicent reglion, lost long ago, and any who speak of it are kooks or old hermits.

The new canon hasnt shown force users being able to sense someone from that far away, especially Kanan who barely has padwan training.

3.) The Manalorian Chick who is a explosive expert or even the Twilek piolet would make a much more interesting story at this point instead of attempting to rehash the old Luke/ObiWan arc form A New Hope. Also this brings me to Diversty. Diversty is good, but in the OT, the vast majority of the Rebellion was humans............Why is this crew who is supposeily going to bring a spark to the beginning of armed resistance to the Empire so damn Diverse that is bears no resemblance to the Rebellion we remember form the movies.

Its gotta have jedi to bring in kids, theres only 2 alien species in the crew. The OT had sullustians, and mon calamari

4.) The Storm troopers in this show are utterly patheic, and cant hit the side of a brick wall. They look every bit as bad as the ones that took on the Ewoks in ROTJ. Where are the Dark Times, Where is the Imperial Power, Where is a Galaxy being supressed by dictatoral powers beyond its control. They need to grow us a set and show us the Dark times.

lazy writing

6. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Well this can only go poorly. If you're going to bash or gush, keep it to an existing thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.