main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

St. Lou, MO ***MAJOR RotS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Dajuan, Sep 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Did anyone catch the spoiler on today's theforce.net?!?!?

Here it is....
    "- There is a point in the film when the clone troopers turn on their Jedi generals. Yoda is on Kashyyyk when this happens.

- There is a lava planet in the film. The "Bruce Spence" alien race is not on this planet. There is a unique new race that lives there.

- When things go down, Mace decides to go have a little chat with Palpatine.

- Since so much time is wasted debating on useless theories, I'll try to put it to rest. Padme dies. More interesting is how and who is involved."

WOW, I think that's all I have.

2. CuppaJoe

CuppaJoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 24, 2002
    Well, I knew Padme would die. Mace Windu and Palpatine talking alone...I wonder what that would lead to

oh look at this pic I found in the EP3 SA http://www.grilled-sarlacc.com/ep3/monsters.jpg It's supposedly a new creature in Episode III!

3. JediJeffro

JediJeffro Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 23, 2001
    Oh look. It's the Hulk in an Ewok suit.

4. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Looks like a mix between a rancor and a gamorean guard.

5. dudeman

dudeman Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    that things awesome

6. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
    Oh look. It's a green toothy orc with a rancor body.

7. dudeman

dudeman Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    ok, since this is a 'spoilier thread' i guess this would fit, i was reading around other boards and they suggested that Tarkin or Aurra Sing could be the new bad guy that not many no about. sounds good to me though, but i still cant wait man!!!

8. rodan70

rodan70 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2002
    Pretty cool stuff. I can't wait!

9. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    If you caught the spoiler of about a week or two ago, a picture of Tarkin was REMOVED from theforce.net's spoilers page per request of Starwars.com. Even on the mixed up shadow-y page you can still totally see it's him.

10. CuppaJoe

Aug 24, 2002
    I saw it, and it's on a couple of other websites that I know of. You can email me and I can give you a link.

11. flying_fishi

flying_fishi Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 26, 2002
    I love how Padme finally bites it. I have been waiting for her exit from the saga since 1999.

12. RebelWithoutAClue

RebelWithoutAClue Jedi Youngling

Oct 17, 2003
    Why, what do you have against Padme?

13. flying_fishi

Mar 26, 2002
    I find her a bubblegum-minded character who should never have been given control of a daycare centre, let alone a PLANET. How she became Queen and then Senator seems to have been mysteriously shrouded by the wonders of GL's 'plot'. She's inept and her only skill seems to be that she can wear pretty clothes. She's only in the films so that there's the obligatory kick-butt strong female character that will hook young girls into the series. That, and she needs to pop out L+L.

14. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Ok last week was spoiler heaven on theforce.net. What did everyone think? I really hope the ones about Anakin killing Padme and her delivering the twins in that moment are not true. I think Anakin turns because he thinks something has been done to her, not because he kills her. That and Leia would have no time for a memory of her, the way I have always understood it is Leia was with Padme a little longer than Luke.

15. CuppaJoe

Aug 24, 2002
    Maybe she remembers more because of the force?

Peac!tuoe

16. VoijaRisa

VoijaRisa Jedi Master star 5

Oct 12, 2002
    If the twins were born at the moment Anakin killed Padme, he'd know that Luke had a twin sister. So that's obviously a load of bantha droppings.

17. flying_fishi

Mar 26, 2002
    For future reference, babies aren't born in an instant. It's quite possible that Padme is struck down, and then is taken away to a hospital where it is neccessary to deliver the twins.

18. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    If she were dead, they would have delivered the twins in about a moment. Once the mother's gone the babies must get out ASAP or they die too.

19. flying_fishi

Mar 26, 2002
    but still, they don't just pop out.

20. VoijaRisa

Oct 12, 2002
    Yeah, because I'm sure a pissed off Anakin would let someone haul off her body to a hospital to get the kids out... more great logic...

21. flying_fishi

Mar 26, 2002
    If he has gone bugnuts then I don't think he'll notice.

22. VoijaRisa

Oct 12, 2002
    Yeah. I can see it now. Anakin kills Padme and then goes crazy, writing RED RUM on the walls in her blood while Mace and Obi-Wan walk in non-chalantly pick up her body and then start walking off, all while wistling a merry little tune.

Fishi, while it is possible, I don't think Lucas is that dumb. And I'm hoping that you're not dumb enough to continue with making up completely ridiculous excuses to get try to make something that dumb plausible.

Hell, if this continues, I might have to bring up my Obi-Wan is Anakin's father...

23. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Could be "from a certian point of view....."

24. flying_fishi

Mar 26, 2002
    You know Shmi's a paedophile.

And the scene you are painting is not only hyperbole, it's contrary to the spy reports being discussed (by no means definitive, but still).

The scene more likely to happen will be Padme attempting to intervene between Obi-Wan and Anakin. Anakin overuses the Force in getting her out of the way, and she is thrown against the wall. He then fights Obi-Wan, and is far too distracted to notice Padme's condition and subsequent removal by handmaidens/Jedi/mouse droids.

25. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    WOW everyone check out the latest Darth Friday report on the main page. I think the way they set up Padme's death in this one makes tons more sense than the previous spoilers. It's really going to be a dark film. I hope we acutally get to see Alderaan up close this time around.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.