main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Omaha, NE MAJOR SCORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by craigrr, Jun 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. craigrr

craigrr Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 1999
    Keep your eyes open, collectors. I just got back from Super Target on 132nd & Maple. There I snagged the following:

Aayal Seccura
    Barriss Offee
    Padme (Droid Factory chase)
    Imperial Officer (new sculpt)
    Ashla & Jempa (set)
    Yoda & Chian (set)
    Red Battle Droid
    Library Droids
    Lama Su & Clone child (set)

I was talking to the Hasbro rep (whom I used to work with so I can rely on her info) and more new figures should start showing up with more frequency. She said she's recently done some returns to clear out the shelves at a few stores to make room for new product.

2. paperclipx

paperclipx Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2001
    Recent finds in La Vista/Papio....WalMart and Target...

Barriss, Padme, Lama, Aayla, at Target

New Package style Luke, 3-P0, Vader, Snowtrooper, Han and the Mynock Hunt Chewie. It was a GOOD day. There was also one of the new Boba Fetts there, and I left the new packaged Jango, as its the same figure as one of the AOTC packaged Jangos. Slowly we are getting new stuff, though I feel like we missed a wave in there.

3. That awful vracer

That awful vracer Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 6, 2000
    You guys spend all your spare time doing this, don't you.

4. craigrr

Jun 8, 1999
    More figures are turning up on the new cards. Tonight I found the following at the Saddlecreek Target:

Secret Ceremony Padme
    Wot Tambor
    Colman Trebor
    Darth Maul
    Princess Leia (repackage)
    Han Solo (repackage)

5. JMChladek

JMChladek Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2001
    Well, if you still might be looking for some of the older SAGA and AOTC waves, I took a trip to Nebraska Crossing on I-80 and the Toy Liquidators got stocked up on some SW figs, and I'm not talking peg warmers either.

They had the following:

4 pack Kaybee gift sets with some of the following:

Bespin Duel Vader
    Bespin Duel Luke (with peg hand, not bloody stump)
    Han Solo
    ESB Chewie with 3P0 backpack
    Royal Guard
    Clone Commander (red) with laser cannon
    Captain Typho
    Count Dooku (not the flipping one)
    Yoda
    Orn Free Ta
    Mace Windu (with root canal face)
    Hangar Fight Anakin
    Jedi Starfighter pilot Kenobi
    C-3P0 with removeable coverings
    Bearded Endor rebel trooper
    and a couple other Jedi that I can't remember the names of.

The four packs sell for $9.99 each and even though the cards look like standard figure cards, they each contain a sticker over the barcodes that says "Value Item, Not for individual sale".

Several individual figs were also on sale for $2.99 each and the selection was about the same, except they had no individually packaged Dookus, Yodas, Clone Troopers, Bespin Vader or Lukes. They did have Han and Chewie individual packs though.

They also had some Jedi Starfighters for $12 each and the interactive Jedi light sabers, although I didn't check the price of those. I picked up a four set of Mace, Red Trooper, Vader and Luke. I passed on the Yoda set since I have a Yoda already and didn't go for a Dooku since it was packaged with three relative peg warmers, such as one Jedi, Orn Free Taa and a Royal Guard. On second thought, maybe I should go back for that one tomorrow. :)

Anyway, just FYI. Apparently TL got them in on Monday and have already sold a lot of figures. Hopefully they will help be able to get us some of the earlier waves we've missed and for good prices too.

6. paperclipx

Jan 8, 2001
    Impressive....most impressive. Didnt even know that store existed.

7. Dawmer299

Dawmer299 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2001
    I think thats a KB Toys outlet store in the Gretna Strip mall.

Still haven't seen the newest waves out yet but the Target stores do have their 4 exclusive figures marked down to $8 something with a clearance tag on them. Does anyone know the Clearance tag trick to tell if it'll be marked down farther? I remember someone shared with us once but I can't remember what it was.

8. JMChladek

JMChladek Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2001
    Yes, it is the KB outlet at the Gretna strip mall. I've always called it Toy Liquidators.

I never did get back to get my Dooku, oh well. Guess I'll have to take my chances later. Now if only I could find a deluxe clone trooper with Speeder bike so I can make my Gunship's clone trooper loadout complete.

9. paperclipx

Jan 8, 2001
    I believe the trick was when the price ends in 4. If its $8.00 it will still go down...if its $4.94 it wont go any further.

10. craigrr

Jun 8, 1999
    Just a heads up- Clone Wars toys are hitting the shelves. The Crossroads KayBee had one AAT in the Clone Wars packaging and two of the Jedi Starfighters with the new blue paint scheme. The AAT looks to be identical to the one released for TPM. If you already have it, don't bother getting the new one. The only difference I noticed was the damaged battle droid molded into the tank is red instead of white. The Jedi Starfighter is again, exactly the same as the old except for the blue paint job. I may pick that one up, just because it looks cool.

Also, the Taget Exclusive sets have been marked down again- to $6.48 (I believe). Here's what I came up with to rememeber the markdown process- "Ends in 8, it can wait. Ends in 4, wait no more." Yeah, it's cheesey, but it helps when you're trying to decide whether or not to wait on something.

11. paperclipx

Jan 8, 2001
    Found the Imperial Forces 4 pack at the Crossroads TRU....

The Papio Super Target had the Clone Wars Jedi starfighter and Confederacy battle tank...

The La Vista Wal-Mart had most of the new wave of figs out....

12. paperclipx

Jan 8, 2001
    Major Major Score!!!

Snagged the following Clone Wars items at the Mall of the Bluffs Target:

Droid Army 3 pack
    Clone Trooper 3 pack
    Destroyer Droid Battle launcher
    Jedi Knight 3 pack
    Jedi Council 3 pack with Mace, Oppo and Even Piel
    Geonosian War Room 3 pack with Dooku, Poggle and San Hill

The Force was with me today!!

13. paperclipx

Jan 8, 2001
    Got kind of a good deal today, with Target clearancing out things....picked up the Hoth accessory set, the Jedi Starfighter and Zam's speeder all for about $20.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.