MAJOR SPOILERS From IESB.com

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by Gobi-1, May 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bluesaber70 Force Ghost

star 2

http://www.nhregister.com/site/news...._id=7576&rfi=6

THE STREETS OF NEW HAVEN
    1950s

This one will be set in the 1950s, according to several merchants who were approached by crew members. (so not in 1948-1949, according to the past quotes of Frank Marshall or Kathleen Kennedy...)

The fourth installment of the hugely popular series, arriving in theaters almost 20 years after the third, will include some kind of car chase on Chapel between College and High streets.

Barbara J. Lamb, director of the city?s Office of Cultural Affairs, said the production would close down parts of College and Elm streets and possibly other downtown streets as well.

Levy said the filming dates are not set, but one merchant said she was told it would happen June 28 and 30.

A pre-production crew was in the city last week and Monday talking to shop owners on the block.

"I really have no details on it at all, except to say that there will be some filming there," said Marvin Levy
  2. CuppaJoe Force Ghost

star 4
    Wow. After so many years of development hell it's actually happening. Shooting beginning this very month. Exciting.
  3. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    I would hope there are no aliens, it's all US Government secret testing of military hardware.

Or if there is "alien technology", it's left ambiguous as to its actual origin.
  4. bluesaber70 Force Ghost

star 2
    I don't think this is really a spoiler but didn't want to risk it:

Shia LaBeouf talks more Indiana Jones 4
    07/06/07, 3:24pm EST

These are busy times for actor Shia LaBeouf. New interviews with him appear everywhere to promote his latest films Surf's Up and Transformers. And luckily for us, them interviewers also try to get some Indiana Jones 4 info out of LaBeouf.

LaBeouf told MoviesOnline that the film is ready to shoot, and that at this point he has not yet read the script. They asked him if there was anything specific he was looking to do in this film.

Shia LaBeouf: "Well, you don't make any demands from Steven Spielberg. You just go, 'Yeah? Alright, great. That sounds like a good thing to me.' [George] Lucas isn't as involved as Spielberg with the actors. I mean, it's all Steven, but I mean I don't imagine that I would be questioning anything that he says.
    Of course you have to find your voice as the artist. You're the tool and you have to have some say, but I don't imagine that it's going to be very easy to say, 'You know what, Steven, I don't think that's correct. I think that I should do it this way.' So, I don't know. We're still trying to figure it out.
    We haven't gotten into any rehearsals. It's just been a lot of stunt rehearsals and a lot of weapons training and things like that."

Also ComingSoon.net tried to get Indiana Jones 4 info out of Shia LaBeouf. But Shia was pretty tight-lipped about it. When asked what he thinks about playing Harrison Ford's son.

"I mean I don't know what I'm going to be. I could be playing a train conductor. Who knows? Well let's see you have Sean Connery and Harrison Ford. Chances are you're going to be in trouble. I'm imaging there will be some sort of creature crawling on me throughout the movie", LaBeouf said.

Obviously this interview was taken before today as LaBeouf assumed Sean Connery will be on board as well.

http://www.theraider.net/news/fullstory_indy4.php?id=203
  5. bluesaber70 Force Ghost

star 2
    Again didn't want to risk this one either:

Indiana Jones Comes Calling -- For Classic Engines
    by Linda Cuckovich

green%20car.jpgLinda Cuckovich PhotoIndiana Jones?s dramatic chase through downtown New Haven next month will unfold against a back-drop of classic cars like this one ? assuming, that is, that the film?s props department can convince 40 owners to park their mint-condition autos for the spectacle.
    Although the location shooting for the fourth installment in the Indiana Jones franchise has sparked giddiness in some New Haven alderfolk, car collectors were decidedly more wary on Saturday during an open casting call for vintage vehicles at Wilbur Cross High School in New Haven.

The steady trickle of car owners who passed through the high school parking lot spent as much time interrogating the filmmakers as they did asking about the movie.

ford%20fairlane.jpgOne Hamden resident brought his father?s 1956 Ford Fairlane and a long list of questions. A props department worker who would identify himself only as Bobby offered reassurance. ?The cars will just sit, parked, for 12 hours.? His colleague, a young woman answering to the name Sarah, concurred, ?Your car might roll across an intersection three blocks from the action. There?s no risk.?

sarah%20and%20bobby.jpgAccording to Bobby, none of the cars being cast would participate in the high-speed chase. ?Those cars will just be classic bodies combined with 1980s Chevy Caprice Chassis. The old cars? engines just aren?t reliable enough to run all day.?
    chrysler%20new%20yorker.jpgBut to set the scene, they are offering collectors $200 per day for their cars. ?We just want plain cars, that?s all,? Bobby explained. He gestured to a black, mint condition 1954 Chrysler New Yorker, ?Cars like that one are just what we?re looking for.? Incidentally, if that?s his idea of plain, I?d hate to hear his thoughts about my Toyota Corolla.
    Guy%20signing%20up.jpgEven the most skeptical classic car owners weren?t entirely impervious to excitement of appearing in an Indiana Jones film. ?I?m definitely going to be an extra,? explained one resident of Fair Haven. ?Even if I decide to leave my car at home.?

http://www.newhavenindependent.org/archives/2007/06/extras_with_eng.php
  6. Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus

star 5
  7. bluesaber70 Force Ghost

star 2
  8. Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus

star 5
    No biggie. Some relevant threads are on the next couple of pages too. So check to see if there's anything you want to contribute to.
  9. JediSF Jedi Master

star 4
    I don't know if I buy the Sci-fi angle. True Lucas and Speilberg grew up on the serial movies. but, Lucas has already completed his Sci-Fi serial.
  10. Darth_Sidious- Jedi Master

star 2
    I think it makes sense.

1st film: Religious Artifact
    2nd film: Something else
    3rd film: Religious Artifact
    4th film: Something else

Every other film focuses on something other than a bible artifact. I also think it would definitely bring something fresh to the series. Now we don't have to see the aliens but it would be cool if we saw "alien technology" and found out things from elsewhere built the pyramids or something else like that. But the alien technology would have to be mystical, that's a given.
  11. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Completed!? LOL. He'll never stop churning out Star Wars stuff.
  12. Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus

star 5
  13. bluesaber70 Force Ghost

star 2
    It's sort of comfirmed:

LaBeouf confronted with rumor about his character

Collider.com had the chance to ask Shia LaBeouf some questions about his latest film Surf's Up and slipped in one question about Indiana Jones 4.
    The question referred to a recent rumor that LaBeouf will be playing (SPOILER?!) [a greaser, wearing jeans and a leather jacket and riding around on a motorcycle. ] in the fourth Indy film.
    Frosty from Collider.com asked Shia LaBeouf: [ "Have you, yes or no, been perhaps training on a motorcycle?" ]. Shia said "No" with a priceless smile... and then added "You know far too much dude. How do you do this? Very smart my friend. I can't confirm nor deny."

And coolest of all; you can view Shia's reaction yourself as Frosty placed the video online on Collider.com.

A special thanks to Johan at The Raven for the this great find.
  14. Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus

star 5

More info from /film.com regarding Area 51.

Indiana Jones 4 goes to Area 51?
    Posted on Tuesday, June 12th, 2007 at 10:33 am by: Peter Sciretta

The Deming Headlight newspaper is reporting that Indiana Jones production crew is prepping an area near the town?s Deming Municipal Airport for filming. The former WWII training base has been painted blue and now sports a United States Air Force Insignia with the underlying slogan ?Home of the Fighter Pilot.? While the paper claims that parts of the area will stand-in for Morocco, IGN has looked further into the whole ?Home of the Fighter Pilot? thing and have learned that the slogan actually belongs to Nellis Air Force Base in Nevada, which is adjacent to the top secret Area 51.

We feared that the UFO/Alien storylines from the previous script drafts may have survived. We could be wrong, but expect some kind of top secret military technology or secret to be involved, possibly even Aliens or UFOs.

Here's my fun little theory. Remember at the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark when the Ark was boxed up and stored away in a top secret government location? What if this location was in the Nevada desert and became known as Area 51? Area 51 is the place where the government hides all the strange and mystical things and objects they have discovered over the years. One of these objects is needed by Indy so he breaks in to steal it. A fun gag would be to have him pass by the box containing the Ark of the Covenant and all the lettering on it would be burned up.
  15. bluesaber70 Force Ghost

star 2

I must say I would LOVE the "Raiders" tie-in. I think that would be brilliant!
  16. bluesaber70 Force Ghost

star 2
    This was on the front page: "The opening scene will take place in Area 51 and will have Indy up against Russian agents."

This should be a great way to dive into the film.

But, what do ya think the Parmount logo will morph into?
  17. DarthBoba Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Obviously one of the ships from Independence Day. :p
  18. bluesaber70 Force Ghost

star 2
    Hey, everyone. ?Moriarty? here.

... since I can verify that this sequence exists. Or at least, it has at a prior point in this film?s development. It sounds to me like they?ve taken several different incarnations of the INDY 4 script and cobbled them all together to come up with the version we?ll see in theaters next summer. I know I?ve been pessimistic about this one in the past, but there have been drafts and ideas and scenes that have been fairly provocative over the long tortured history of development the film?s been through. I got this e-mail in, and it seems to confirm that there will be a sequence early in the movie that takes place on a site in the desert that both Jeb Stuart and Frank Darabont are rumored to have included in their takes on the story.

And, no, I?m not talking about Area 51. All I?ll say is that if this is the sequence I think it is, it starts the story off with a bang.

A really... big... bang...

I am working on a Warner Bros film right now. [Someone else on the film] is from New Mexico. I said to him "hey they are filming Indy 4 there right?" He said, "My friend is [working on] the film and they are prepping the New Mexico site to be a WWII atomic test site, like in the old videos you would see in school"

I thought I would pass this on!!!

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/33025#comment-1571738
  19. Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus

star 5
    They say Harrison Ford won't be involved with the Deming, New Mexico shoot so maybe the the film begins with an atomic explosion that unearths ancient ruins or an artifact/mysterious object that sets the main plot of the film in motion.
  20. bluesaber70 Force Ghost

star 2
    I know the hot thing right now is the new Indy pic. But, here's a few moew spoilers for ya:

1. Indy has offspring...in Darabont's script it was a daughter, in the new one it is a son.
    2. The artifact remains mostly...it too underwent some changes, but for the most part it remains intact
    3. There was never much "filler" telling us what happened between LC & IV. I assume whatever was in Frank's script has not carried over.
    4. The time setting hasn't changed for about four scripts actually. Lucas always expected to do a non-30's Indiana Jones movie.

21. DarthLowBudget Force Ghost

star 5
    I wonder how many people from here are moonlighting over on the Raven forums nowadays!

[face_laugh]
  22. WormieSaber Force Ghost

star 5
    Shia LeBeouf was in a good independent film called "A Guide To Recognizing Your Saints". A very good actor; good casting call on him.
  23. bluesaber70 Force Ghost

star 2
    Blanchett swordfighting?

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/news/tm_headline=indiana-jones-and-the-ravages-of-time--&method=full&objectid=19343172&siteid=66633-name_page.html

Could be cool!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.