main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MAJOR SPOILERS! The truth about the Vong invasion and the Gods!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Anakin1607, Feb 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anakin1607

Anakin1607 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    Sorry for sp stuff, I typed this as fast as I could it is from two sections of the NJO sourcebook!

"The gods had no part in the development of Yuuzhan Vong bioengineering. For that matter, neither did the Yuuzhan Vong. At some point in long forgotten history, another species-all mentions of which were carefully excised from Yuuzahn Vong records- shared thier knowlage of genetic manipulation with the Vong. And it was a one time gift- everything the gods have taught the Yuuzhan Vong since that long ago time has merely been parceled out information from ancient records. All the information is stored in a Qang qahsa a living memory bank which is only accessible by the supreme overlord. For untold centuries the overlords have released information to the shaper caste in the form of new techniques and innovative new organisms claiming that these miracles of knowledge came from the gods. By making it appear that the gods speak only to them- and presenting fresh developments as proof the supreme overlords have maintained control over countless generations of Vong.

However, the memory bank is all but empty of information. Shimrra has no more miracles he can conjure up. To the Vong, it appears as though the gods speak less and less to Shimrra, which lends to the growing dissatisfaction many Vong feel with not only the supreme overlord but all those in his hierachy. Anticipation of this reaction-of the backlash that would turn the Vong social order on its head originally motivated Shimrra to declare that the gods had ceded to the Vong the galaxy of the infideles. Thus while the Vong engage in their holy war to take the galaxy, they focus on something other than their own questionable leadership. If shimrra is lucky, they will find something in this galaxy that he can appropriate and disguise as a new gift from the gods."

"War raged across the Yuuzhan Vong's home galaxy on and off for millennia wwith clans and tribes of spacearers and destroying and subjugating one another on contact. Finally, the two most powerful tribes came in to opposition. Dubbed the Cremlevian War by historians, this conflict saw the first use of Yo Gands core. You gands core brought an end to the great war, uniting the Vong under one supreme overlord-at the expense of virtually every inhabitable planet in their home galaxy. The Vong survived, however. The "gods" revealed to them techniques that allowed them to build massive worldships. The gods also promised that their chosen would some day have new worlds to inhabit. For generations the Vong searched for the new home. Eventually, time began to take its toll on the worldships and the faith of the Vong began to fail. Then, word reached the supreme overlord that one of the scout ships had found an inhabitable world. Seizing on this discovery the supreme overlord claimed to have a vision that the "promised land" had been found. In actuality this pronouncement was a way for the overlord to regain full control of his disaffected priests and underlings. And so the invasion began."

Whoa, that explains alot. This could be the key to defeating the Vong! If they knew the truth they could overthrow their corrupt leadership and coexist peacefully with the GFFA. After they've gotten their asses kicked of course. ;)

2. IAmTheDarkSide

IAmTheDarkSide Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2002
    [sarcasm]I haven't been saying that the whole time[/sarcasm]

Really, I didn't have the details about the other race, but it's been fairly clear since the beginning of the NJO that that was the case, about there not really being any gods and GFFA being a target of opportunity for Shimrra.

3. Anakin1607

Anakin1607 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    I'm not surprised either, but the details are very interesting.

4. Face Loran

Face Loran Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 21, 1999
    Yeah, I agree. It's not shocking news but definitely interesting.

5. MysteryWhiteBoy8

MysteryWhiteBoy8 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 4, 2001
    I had always sensed a bit of disillusionment about the Vong. I think one of their greatest weaknesses will be the the dissolvement of their society because of all these false pretenses and beliefs.

6. Kier_Nimmion

Kier_Nimmion Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 9, 2000

Interesting. So it's official- they're complete hypocrites and, the good news, doomed. If they fail here, they're done as a species. Great news.

7. Risste

Risste Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 26, 2001
    So I guess the idea of the Solo twins fighting is really a big waste of time, considering that every other myth in the Vong culture is total crap. Yesssss. I wasn't looking forward to that duel.

8. Voyxn_Killaz

Voyxn_Killaz Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 13, 2002
    This doesn't sound right. If everything was given to them, then why are there shapers? The shapers are the vong engineers, and they obviously can think for themselves. If the qahsa had no more information, the voxyn would not have been produced. All shimmra needs to do is loosen the shaper laws a little bit, and let the shapers loose, and he will have no problem.

Why else was that shaper that saw the 8th cortex kept alive? They just need some free thinkers, not ones that regimented into one train of thought. Just let the top level shapers know the truth of the Gods, and they will do fine.

9. DaJames2

DaJames2 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 17, 2002
    Indeed, there are shapers and other Vong who know the truth, or have some idea of it, however if the top shapers wish to keep their own lives, they must not allow their discoveries or "new" stuff to come to light. According to the vast majority of Vong, shapers must stay within the limits of the 'gods', otherwise they are heretics and the penalty for heresy is rather well known. They can't let just any Vong notice "hey, that worldship's got some new things on it" and start crying heresy. I think that things will really start getting interesting once the truth has been revealed, because then the desparate shapers can start showing us some of the stuff they've been up to and had to keep hidden. I imagine these little tidbits are going to be very different and very painful.

10. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 23, 1999
    Some of this was alluded to in... damn, can't remember which book, but it was the one where one of the shapers has to try and fix an ailing worldship... She discovered through Shimrra that there weren't any more secrets from the Gods...

11. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 23, 1999
    And who might this mysterious race of bioengineers be? The Charon perhaps? The Aing-Tii (more likely the Charon)...?

12. Communista

Communista Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 9, 2001
    Fascinating info there. Thanx for typing it up. ties together all the info we've had, although I think most of us surmised this was the case a fair time ago.

13. Fire_Ice_Death

Fire_Ice_Death Force Ghost star 7

Feb 15, 2001
    Mezhan(sp?) Kwad(sp?) was right, there are no gods. Sooo....this is good news. They can be defeated. And easily.

14. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    Hum... Interesting info... Gotta adjust my YV theory to reflect this...

15. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    LtCmdr.Thrawn...
    "And who might this mysterious race of bioengineers be? The Charon perhaps? The Aing-Tii (more likely the Charon)...?"

While throwing out all sorts of arcane alien names is admirable, you can't do so without actually looking at them...
    1. Charon - !?! What the heck? No, it's most likely not the Charon. These guys are simply a group of traumatized bioengineered constructs themselves. Besides the fact that in the great scheme of things, the Charon are an extremely "new" racial/cultural sub-group of the Char-Ontee. That is, the Charon were definitely not around "way back then" to pass on bioengineering secrets to the Vong. If anything, the more believeable choice would've been the species which created the Charon - the Kathol.
    2. Aing-Tii - You're right, probably not likely. They really haven't exhibited the strong bioengineering knowledge required to construct living planetoids and capital ships capable of traversing galaxies.

IMO, the Kathol would be a good candidate if they wish to use existing continuity.

Vong Gods:
    I wouldn't necessarily dismiss the Vong gods so easily. Yes, the Vong heirarchy have been lying to them. Yes, Shimmra is a hypocrite. Yes, the gods themselves may have simply begun as political constructs to appease the masses.

But the power of gods has always existed in its believers. And the Vong believe. So, there could indeed be a Vong "Chosen One" who may be able to replenish the knowledge base and lead them on to great things. In fact, this Vong Chosen One could even be Jacen. Could this be attributed to divine intervention of Vong gods for fulfilling their prophecies? Perhaps.

To the Vong, their gods exist. And already those gods have driven them on to do amazing things like invade an entire galaxy. So, it's a rather moot point if they physically exist or not. The Vong perceive they exist - and that may be all that matters.

16. SithSpit777

SithSpit777 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 3, 2001
    I think what can be expected is that the Solo kids end up filling the role of the "Gods", thus leading to a Shamed Ones revolt. And if Shimra says "wait, there is no gods!", then that will piss EVERYONE off, and they will all gun for him.

Here is what the Solo's will represent.

Yun-Harla - The Trickster. One of deception and trickery. I would say Jaina has filled this role very nicely lately.

Yun-Yammka - The Slayer. The warrior god who goes and does battle. Despite his pacifist ways, I think we will see (and have seen the begining of in DJ) Jacen begin to fill this role.

And finally:

Yun-Yuuzhan - The Cosmic God. The bringer of life and death. The keeper of knowledge. Sacrificed parts of himself to create other gods. Here is where Anakin comes in. Bringer of death (activated Centerpoint, although he did nto fire, and I also believe he will destroy the Vong, save the shamed ones.), and of life (his new body). Sacrificed himself for others while trying to destroy the Voxyn. Also, Anakin will bring forth knowledge to the NJO on detecting the Vong, and establishing new practices and training methods, and perhaps even a new, undiscovered attunement to the force that opens up a new world of possibilities for the Jedi.

Also, anyone think of the possibility that the left over Vong end up living on a suddenly arriving living Planet from that Rogue Planet book? Would be a convienent way to get them out of the galaxy once the story arc is over, as they can just zip along the universe on that thing.

17. DEWORE-DEWKNOT

DEWORE-DEWKNOT Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 17, 2002
    SithSpit

I really like that therory.

Rock on Brother

18. Sith_241

Sith_241 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    Yes
    the thing about the solo kids filling the rol as vong gods is a good idea. The shamed ones might actually follow them since they dont actually know what the "gods" look like. If the vong find out there are no gods do you think they will just pick up and leave? Surrender or what?

19. Genghis12

Nov 18, 1999
    "What, no gods! Screw you guys, I'm going home."

20. Resolute

Resolute Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 11, 2002
    Hmmmm... interesting. I just blew the entire series for myself because I didn't pay attention to the spoiler warnings. Excuse me while I go stick my head in the microwave.

*gets up and goes to the kitchen*
    *bang sounds from downstairs*

21. Fire_Ice_Death

Fire_Ice_Death Force Ghost star 7

Feb 15, 2001
    "What, no gods! Screw you guys, I'm going home."

Yep, the Vong will do just that. ;)

22. Grand Admiral Reese

Grand Admiral Reese Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 1, 1999
    'cept they don't have a home anymore.

23. BobaFetts_Clone

BobaFetts_Clone Jedi Youngling star 2

May 12, 2001
    I agree (to someone up there) we shouldn't put off the 'gods' just yet. Belief can be a powerful motivator and there are still probabay hundreds of thoudands of vong who beleive that there are gods...

I don't think that shpaers know anything about the Vong's true history, they just use the techniques handed down by ht 'gods' to make stuff. its like having the pieces, but its you who decides how to use them and what to make of them...

They may also not have let the shapers create whole new protacalls because info coming form the gods was/is really important becasue it creates a real tanglible between the gods and the vong...

"...this conflict saw the first use of Yo Gands core. You gands core brought an end to the great war, uniting the Vong under one supreme overlord-at the expense of virtually every inhabitable planet in their home galaxy...."
    So what is the Yo Gands Core? Some kind of VOng Superweapon that destroyed every single planet in the galaxy??? Maybe it a kin to a gaint dovin basal (unlikely) and it sucked intheir who galaxy...

24. Nom Anor

Nom Anor TFN Books Staff star 4 VIP

Mar 4, 2000
    Yo'gand's Core is the tactic where the Vong plant a giant dovin basal on a planet's surface and drag a moon down on top of it, ala Sernpidal and Kalarba.

25. Genghis12

Nov 18, 1999
    No offense to the Vong strategists, but it seems to me to be an extremely easy tactic to counter with one's own dovin basals. ?[face_plain]

I mean, if your expecting your enemy to pull your moon right down on top of you, I'd think you'd fortify your own positions with dovin basals.

But, I guess if they planted 4, you drop in five. Did the war devolve into some huge dovin basal cold war where each planet had hundreds of dovin basals from each side wrestling against each other for control of the planet's moon?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.