main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MAJOR update to the Website

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Obi_Wannabe, Aug 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    I'm about to start uploading the new version of the site, expect it to be wonky most of the morning.

Once i'm done, let me know what doesn't work so I can fix it fast.

The main reason for the theme change is I simply don't have time to recreate the one we use, I picked one I liked and slapped our logo on it, what I will probably do is add a whole bunch of themes and let you pick your own, i'll tell you how. And i'll try to get our theme back together, I think it's one of the best done for web-app, there's just too many darn variables to change now.

Big new features:
    1. Add your own events to the calendar
    2. Upload files
    3. Random pic on front page
    4. Newsletter - to be written by ZOO
    5. Members, history and meeting pages show up within the regular interface, not from seperate HTML pages
    6. Latest posts now in block on left
    7. Still working on Classifieds

I've removed the Chat until I can find one that works reliably.

2. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    How goes the computer troubles? I'm only asking because I want to know when the Saber video will be up. People are starting to ask me about it. It seems we're being watched by big brother, 'cause I don't even know some of these people asking.

3. Obi_Wannabe

Mar 17, 2002
    One thing to note, i'm in the middle of reuploading all the photo gallery files because the location of the gallery pictures has moved because of the new version, if you have any links directly to individual galleries or pictures you will have to update the links.

4. Obi_Wannabe

Mar 17, 2002
    For the moment the PC is working ok, I pulled some drives out and it seems to be good.

I've had the website update hanging over me for a while, once I get that done today I can focus on the IG-88 site and the video.

5. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    Cool, it's just weird having people you don't know asking about stuff you've talked about on the boards. I feel like I'm being stalked. ?[face_plain] :eek:

6. Obi_Wannabe

Mar 17, 2002
    I got the gallery uploaded, in the middle of the next step, the site went down and I can't get in at all right now, I've sent a ticket to the ISP, hopefully they will move quick on it :(

7. Obi_Wannabe

Mar 17, 2002
    The sites working well enough for people to check it out and let me know what still needs to be fixed.

Things I know about:

Memberlist
    FAQ
    Days with Events on the Calendar are not a different color

8. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    i just got a softwear error

9. Obi_Wannabe

Mar 17, 2002
    Kinda need to know more than that :(

Before you logged in, after, what did it say?

10. darth_hair

May 8, 2001
    i clicked on the rmff on this page and it told me that . also i typed in rmff.net and got the same thing

11. darth_hair

May 8, 2001
    Can't locate /home/rmffnet/public_html/themes/standard/theme.pl at /home/rmffnet/public_html/cgi-bin/cgi-lib/subs.pl line 212.

is that better ?

12. Obi_Wannabe

Mar 17, 2002
    I think I got that licked, it was stupid upper/lowercase S on the word standard thing.

I also fixed the memberlist problem, but I had to delete the last 5 registered users to do it, the following people need to reregister

MonJas
    Jedi_Knight
    Wapas
    revolcisum
    DarthKevin

Sorry.

All users should now be able to choose to see the site in English, French, Spanish or German.

13. chunk_the_jawa

chunk_the_jawa Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 8, 2002
    looks good to me.

14. Obi_Wannabe

Mar 17, 2002
    Thanks!

Now to really thank me for the update, everyone post articles about what you've got going and add events to the calendar, so the site changes and stays alive, about the only thing that has kept the site interesting is the Photo Gallery, which I do think is superior to any fan force website.

15. chunk_the_jawa

Feb 8, 2002
    thats about the truth.

16. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    Well there a lots of people visiting the IMperial outfitters! They have even started to post the link to the acrylic blade tutorial in the costume forum... :D

17. StarBlazer

StarBlazer Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2001
    Great new layout, I think I like the lighter setting better than the darker one. Hmmm, German it is! :D

*SB*

18. Obi_Wannabe

Mar 17, 2002
    I just added a bunch of new language options to the site, choose these from the Edit Profile link on the left of the site.

Use these at your own risk, some of these are written for earlier versions of WebApp, and only change the default text used in the site, they won't change text that I have modified (and I've modified a lot) and the text used in addons to WebApp (and i've installed a lot).

The languages are:
    Afrikaans
    Chinese
    Italian
    Polish
    Portuguese
    Slovene
    Turkish

If you want to try them out, make sure you note the locations of the links on the page so you can change back to english if the site is confusing with the different language.

19. chunk_the_jawa

Feb 8, 2002
    yea good thing we have a bunch of chinesse people that cant speek english just busting the door down and they are bringing there Portuguese speaking cousins.

But you have a hissy fit and wanna had the damn thing over because I asked for my news letter and made so much extra work for you.

oh yea I know this guy and he only speeks Afrikaans he wants to know if you can translate the news letter? if it wouldnt be to much work.

20. Obi_Wannabe

Mar 17, 2002
    RULES OF CONDUCT
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    User agrees not to post material that is knowingly false and/or defamatory, misleading, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, that otherwise violates any law, or that encourages conduct constituting a criminal offense. Also, as a general guideline, all users here should respect one another?s opinions and beliefs.

TERMS OF SERVICE
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    The goal of the Forums is to foster communication and the interchange of ideas within the online Star Wars community. User agrees and acknowledges that any posts, nicknames or other material deemed offensive, harassing, baiting or otherwise inappropriate may be removed at the sole discretion of the administration.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.