Make A Wish "Anakin Skywalker - The Chosen One" Premier in San Diego

Discussion in 'Santa Cruz, CA' started by Master--Kenobi, Jun 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master--Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    As some of you may know, I had the opportunity to portray Obi-Wan (Ep II) for a Make A Wish out of San Diego. This involved an 11-year-old whose wish was to be Anakin Skywalker in a Star Wars Movie. Well, with the Blessings of LucasFilm, and an incredible crew, director (Trey Stokes and his crew of Pink 5 fame)..our own Siri_Tachi (Josie) makeup artist extrodanaire- who does her magic to tranform me (and create my unblievable robes)also did makeup for our Star and was his (and my) personal assistant during all of this,add a wonderful cast and and unbelievable producer (Donna - Grey Jedi) who pulled ALL of this monstrosity together..we created a 3 minute trailer, that is absolutely unbelievable to watch...(It really is amazing to see yourself flying with Anakin in the speeder chase on Coruscant, or in the Battle Arena at Geonosis) or watch our Anakin talking to the Jedi Council, riding a speeder bike or piloting a podracer though Tatooine...again...unbelivable effects.

Well, last night we had our Charity Premier for the Big Screening and it was awsome. Red Carpets, Lemos, paparazzi, national..Yes NATIONAL news coverage...a ceremony where our star put his handprints in cement and signed autographs for everyone. And I was even told by the MAW rep that this will probably not be the last that San Diego SW Society and MAW will be working together. The surprise for me was being recognized and thanked by the organization for my portrayal as Kenobi, and being asked if I would be available to portray him again for other MAW projects ...unbelivable night. But, most importantly, was watching our little guy's face (and his family too) as we all sat there, cast crew, MAW and the people who made unbelievably generous donations to be in attendance...the looks and seeing his dream unfold before all of us..no amount of money in the universe could buy that feeling. I'm still on a high just from watching what it did for Emmie and his family. The DVD's will be available a bit later on as a fund raiser for Make A Wish.. I'll let everyone know when ...

But, here is a link to a few of the pics of the event.

http://www.cybercatconsulting.com/sdsws/emmie_premier/

The magic of what Star Wars can do never ceases to amaze me!

Also, the stormtroopers that you see are the ones that performed with William Shatner at the AFI George Lucas Tribute that will be on Tomorrow (mon) night..the Chewie is the official Chewbacca for LFL..so I was in great company! :)

MTFBWY

Kim/Kenobi
  2. mileniumhanandshrimp Jedi Knight

star 3
    so glad everything went well... sorry to have missed the premiere last night, but it was a blast just to be there at the filming and see the process.

i hope emmie had the time of his life, i bet he was one happy kid!

3. Miana Kenobi Costuming & Props Mod - Retired Admin

Manager
    star 8
    It was a BLAST last night. :D :D

Kim it was so great to see you. I can't wait until Con!!! :D

Oh, and we also decided that the only reason I'm your father's brother's neice's former roommate is just because you're covering up that I'm your love child. :eek:

So does that mean I call you mommy or daddy? [face_thinking] :p

Will get my pictures up hopefully tomorrow!
  4. Master--Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Full Makeup/costume = Daddy

no makeup/costume..Mommy

There does that clear it all up!? :D
  5. Kai_Vandekar Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm so glad it came off so well. I can't wait to eventually get a chance to see it, myself! Congratulations to you and all the others involved for helping to make this child's dream come true! What a gift!
  6. Miana Kenobi Costuming & Props Mod - Retired Admin

Manager
    star 8

:confused:

So are you my mother or my father?

Or both??? :eek:
  7. TionneHawk Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Alright, you two..now it's just getting creepy. ;)

I'm glad I'm just Miana's cohort for Jedi on the Couch...no weird relationship things. :D

Like Kim said, it was a fantastic evening and I am honored that I got to be part of such an amazing project. Sat Wars does indeed make wishes come true. And every time I put on the tunic I feel teh power of the Force and what it can do to brighten the lives of children (and the big kids too). I've never regretted a moment of my costuming experiences (nope, not even hand-sewing through 4 layers of vinyl without a thimble) this night made all of that worth every minute of pain.
  8. Miana Kenobi Costuming & Props Mod - Retired Admin

Manager
    star 8
    Once I get my camera back from Linda this evening, I'll show you PROOF that I think I'm Kim's love child! ;) (That or my eyes were just so tired I was seeing things, LOL). ;)
  9. Miana Kenobi Costuming & Props Mod - Retired Admin

Manager
    star 8
    While I'm waiting for the rest to load....

[image=http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a124/legomania3/Make%20a%20Wish/P6180075.jpg]

Now THAT is one sexy beast!

(Oh yeah, Kim looks good too). ;) :D

EDIT:

Here's the rest of the album...

[image=http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a124/legomania3/Make%20a%20Wish/P6180093.jpg]

I could SO pass as your Love child! :p
  10. Master--Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Those pics are awsome! (And yes, ok now we know the relationship. I confess you are Kenobi's Love Child!) So, I guess it's gonna be "Daddy" from now on! [face_laugh] =D= [:D]

See ya in a few days (AGAIN!) :)
  11. Miana Kenobi Costuming & Props Mod - Retired Admin

Manager
    star 8
  12. Taeriel Force Ghost

star 5
    Wow. That is just amazing, and all kinds of wonderful!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.