main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson Make-A-Wish Event December 3rd

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by dialswiftjustice, Nov 21, 2006.

1. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    2-5pm or til the kids are satisfied! Cat would you mind posting the location?

And Im sorry, I cant make it. I am trying to find someone to fill the Vader shoes if the PhxFF cant bring one down.

2. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    Speedway and Kolb. I am going to get Jake or someone to drive me over so I can explain more of which building it is. There are no changes for this event. I spoke with Karen on Sunday evening she just wanted to be sure we knew that the event had changed to the 3rd and that we would still be able to make it.

I am also going to get dressing room and other info such as that and will post it here.

3. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    I think this was the event Jake said he could fill the armor in (let me know fi I got the wrong event), I am waiting to hear if Brian can fill the vader armor, if not can you Chris?

4. Bylar

Bylar Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 4, 2006
    well im available to attend, however id rather not wear Vader, its against my religon lol

May The Force Be With You and With Us All

5. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    who all will be attending this event.. please let me know.. either here or by phone.. or both.

6. _Anakin_Vader_

_Anakin_Vader_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2005
    I am pretty sure I can make it, however I am still pretty unclear as to what this event is, exactly. I might have been ADD'ing at the meeting, or havent been reading enough posts, but whatever. Can someone dumb this down for me?

7. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    visiting with the children that are at the Christmas party, I would assume most, if not all of these children have terminal illnesses.. since that is what Make a Wish Foundation does is grant wishes for children with possibly terminal illnesses.. we will just be socializing and taking pictures with them. No presents or anything like that required. However, after the party they (Make a Wish Foundation)are going to UMC and have asked if we would like to join them in visiting the kids there at the hospital. I am hoping we have a lot of costumed people for this.. so please try and make it folks.. for the kids!!

8. JediObiKat

JediObiKat Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 15, 2006
    What's the address for the event?
    I should be able to come (provided no end of the semester assignments are sprung on me!)!

9. Mugen

Mugen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2005
    not sure if Nihilus would be appreciated at this event due to past decisions. :(

10. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    Unclear... this is 2 events in one day in Tucson?

11. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I guess you could consider it two events.. and certainly we don't have to go to the hospital.. but Make a Wish is taking the party to the Hospital after the party is over and has invited us to join them.

12. Bylar

Aug 4, 2006

umm guess i dont know what "past decisions" are, and y wouldnt you b welcome?? if i may be so bold, i think i can speak for just bout everyone when i say ur always welcome frank no matter what ur wearin
    (/manly type hug)

May The Force Be With You and With Us All

13. thatsMISTERwookiee

thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2005
    I will be there, just not sure as what.

14. Bylar

Aug 4, 2006
    o ya i forgot to add me and my kids will be there, all 3 light Jedi and in costume. any address yet? i saw speedway and kolb but the address would help a bit lol

15. _Anakin_Vader_

_Anakin_Vader_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2005
    Well, I am gonna have to back out on this one unfortunately. Sorry, too much stuff going on, and I am pretty much incapacitated minus typing and thinking cuz of the surgery (wisdom teeth removed yesterday).

16. Lady_Jedi_Carenix

Lady_Jedi_Carenix Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 6, 2001
    I'm not sure how many Phoenix people are coming, but I am planning to be there. :)

17. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    oh Mike.. I'm sorry that you can't make it, I was looking forward to having you with us.. take care of yourself.. if you need magazines, company or anything to pass the time let us know. I am thrilled that the ones of us that are going to make it can make it... on a hopeful note to Jack.. the kids so love Chewbacca!!

Can't wait for this event!! A couple of the Phoenix Fan Force people are planning on joining us as well.

The address is 940 Financial Center.. it is right behind Wal Mart at Speedway and Kolb. However, to make things easier for us we should probably meet in the parking lot of Wal-Mart at 1pm.. right by the donation shack on the outskirts of the parking lot and thing drive over to the financial center together to keep from getting lost.

18. JediObiKat

Feb 15, 2006
    I think the address is actually 940 N Finance Center Dr. for those of you trying to find a map online

19. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Wish I could make it. Hope jake fills the Vader boots well. No offense jake but Im sending the plastic version.

20. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    With the plan to meet together at Wal Mart the address should probably be a non issue hopefully.

21. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    Okay.. so we have coming

Jake- Vader
    me- unsure of what I am wearing
    Jack- unsure of what he is wearing.. but I am praying for Chewie I have to admit!! Also, they said Chewie's bowcaster is also welcome to come!!
    Kat- Jedi
    Steve and kids- 3 Jedi
    Phoenix FF- 2-3 people

the Make a Wish Foundation has a few people that would be willing to wear costumes if we have anything for them to wear, incidentally.

Frankie.. are you coming and are you bringing Marlena with you.. I hope so!!

22. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003

23. jedirevan1

jedirevan1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 4, 2006
    As of right now, it looks like I won't be able to make it. :( I have a couple of finals to get ready for.

24. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    I don't have a costume yet.

25. JediObiKat

Feb 15, 2006
    End of the semester assignment has been sprung. My dear math teacher sent out a nasty new assignment last night...the question itself is over a page long [face_frustrated]. Anyhow, between that and a few other classes' homework, I won't be able to make it tomorrow. :( Sorry I have to back out!