main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson Make-A-Wish Event December 3rd

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by dialswiftjustice, Nov 21, 2006.

1. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Not everyone needs to be in costume. If you don't have a TFF shirt yet I'm sure someone might be willing to lend you a [clean] shirt. :) Many of the characters who have helmets, etc. need a non-helmeted/masked person to help them. :)

2. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    Come anyway Rebel Mom. We can use you :)

Remember to meet in the Wal Mart parkinglot at 1PM. There is no street sign for Financial Drive, apparantly it has been knocked down. If you miss us at Wal Mart just drive up to the front of the Wal Mart store and turn left and drive past the garden section right out of the parkinglot, the building we are going to is right there across the street. The building says Geico/ HealthNet . Pull in that parkinglot and drive around to the back and park there. The Make a Wish Foundation is on the first floor, if you walk up to the building you will see a building map and it shows that the Make a Wish foundation is around the corner to the left.

See you all there :)

3. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    I'll wear my TFF Tshirt and come help. Hopefully I won't get lost.

4. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    This was a total blast!!!! Thank you everyone for making this a great event!! I can't wait to see the photos of all we did today.

5. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    Pictures R up

http://www.danzelmo.com/TffMakeWish12.3.06.htm

[image=http://www.danzelmo.com/P1010205.JPG]

[image=http://www.danzelmo.com/P1010213.JPG]

6. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    The Good/Great news is ...We did so much enjoy this day, it really gave me a special feeling to be included in this event in such a personal way... (the panda suit)...The bad news is that I thought we had taken many more photos than it turned out we had. I really thought we had taken tons more photos ...and then I thought we took photos at the hospital, but somehow we didn't... I guess I just got confused between the polaroid shots and the digital shots.. and all the polaroid shots were given to the families.... so we don't have much of a photo record of this day and all the kids we saw and entertained. It was a very special day we had at the Make A Wish Foundation and at UMC Hospital Children's Wards as well.

7. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Yes. I thought more photos were taken also, I guess it was mostly the instant camera we were thinking of.

8. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    GLad everyone had a good time, especially the kids. I didnt want them to go vaderless, so thanks Jake for filling the armor, I heard you did great.

Steve your Jedi costumes look awesome man! They really came together for some unique looks!

9. Bylar

Bylar Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 4, 2006
    Thanks so much, we went to walmart prior to the event and got some real double takes lol. an employee asked about us and after i explained who we were (TFF) and what we were doin he wrote down the website so he may join soon. also when he found out i was soon to be ordained he said his brother wanted a Jedi wedding and took my number, so i just might have my first official Jedi wedding booked soon... WOOT!!!
    of course i explained that as a Minister of the Force, that Tucson Fan Force was not affiliated or involved unless as individuals any of you volintarily wished to be. hey it would probably lead to free food at the least rofl.
    thanks so much for the chance to experiance these events along with my kids. that means alot to me. although i can do without anymore babies being dropped, man that was really traumatic. glad he was ok after the swelling went down.

10. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    to rest anyone's fears, no one in the TFF dropped a baby, but unfortunately a mom fell down and she lost a hold of the baby carrier and it flipped through the air and landed on concrete stairs, hitting the babies head. Indeed it was very traumatic. Several people went to the mother's and the babies aid. Everyone was greatly concerned and they got ice for the baby's head, took him to the office and checked on him for a while. Some of us got a chance to visit with the little one for a bit just before they went home, he was so sweet and adorable, he cooed, smiled and laughed at me, while holding my finger. We all are very relieved that it turned out to be apparantly no worse than a real nasty bump on the head.

11. Lady_Jedi_Carenix

Lady_Jedi_Carenix Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 6, 2001
    Here's the pics I took: :)

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v286/Lady_Jedi/TFF%20Make%20a%20Wish/

12. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Thanks for the pictures but it's Bad link or bad URL. I can't get to it. Any other way into the photobook?

13. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I was able to get to it, but it wouldn't let me look without a password.

14. Lady_Jedi_Carenix

Lady_Jedi_Carenix Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 6, 2001
    Whoops!

Sorry; I usually directly link pictures instead of the album option. It should work now. [face_blush] :)

15. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    Thank you for getting pictures. Some of ours did not come out at all. I can't believe you got pics of me.. oh my.. I am gonna have to get something done about my chin..

Thank you for joining us again. Here's looking forward to the next time!!