Jack, FL Make a Wish Foundation

Discussion in 'South East Regional Discussion' started by JaxAnakinSkywalker, Aug 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JaxAnakinSkywalker Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hey Guys,

I talked to an awesomely happy lady that organizes fundraisers for the Make a Wish Foundation. We were talking, and she absolutely loved our concept and what we do. She wants to use us in a coming fundraiser at the end of Sept. She still has to verify this, but it looks very hopeful.

The event will be at Coldstone Creamery. I don't know which one yet, but it will be on a weeknight from like 6-8 and I need at least 3 definite and no more than 5. The place is small, so she didn't want to overcrowd the place. She definitely wants a couple jedi to fight and such, and even having pictures of the different characters scooping ice cream, heh. She wants to know also what costumes will be there so she can advertise us in the paper along with the fundraiser.. Sounds kool, huh?

Who's in?
  2. darth-blaze Jedi Master

star 4
    oohhh, A stormtrooper serving ice cream. cool... I'm in
  3. MiraNova34 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'll be there if it doesn't conflict with work or college.
    Thanks for setting this up Ani.
  4. ObiWanAmanda Jedi Knight

star 2
    If you want a pilot, im in...
  5. Twin_solo_Durron Jedi Knight

star 2
    Mara Jade will be there...that is if u want her and she does not have to work late.
  6. JaxAnakinSkywalker Jedi Knight

star 3
    This is awesome! I'm glad to have everyone... When I hear back from her, I will give her the choice and see how many she wants. She seemed to have an idea about what she wanted anyway....
  7. ---Vossk--- Jedi Knight

star 2
    you always got the jawa ;)
  8. darth-blaze Jedi Master

star 4
    I spoke to Terry yesterday and he said that we are gonna have a Vader that day....
  9. Anakin-and-Padme Jedi Knight

star 3
    REALLY? Are we completely sure. (It's going in the paper so we don't want a bunch show up only to get disppointed like in the past).
    If it is a definite that is AWESOME!!!!

Make sure he is commited and we will add that name to give her for the newspaper article.

STILL trying to get a hold of the manager at the actual destination, but she is elusive so Chase was planning to call his direct Make a Wish contact to help that meeting with the manager get organized. I think she may think Chase is selling something and is not aware we are her actual entertainment for the day - LOL!
  10. darth-blaze Jedi Master

star 4
    let me know, when is the meeting taking place so I can go also.... As far as Terry goes he said that on thursdays he gets off by 5pm, so he will attend to this event...
  11. MAGNIFICENT-SITH Jedi Knight

star 1
    You betcha it's definite. Our busiest time of year is the Halloween season and our new hours start that week, but I already told my assistant managers that if I end up working that day it's only till 4:30 so I can go get ready.
    Vader will be present.
  12. Anakin-and-Padme Jedi Knight

star 3
    Chase is going to school tonight, but I just talked to him on the phone and told him Vader would be there. He's excited.

Also Luis, no problem on you coming to the meeting too. Once we get the date and time we will get it to ya ;)
  13. MiraNova34 Jedi Knight

star 1
    My classes are on Tues nights 5:30-9:30. I have band practice 6pm Mon, so I hope this in on an evening I can go.
  14. Anakin-and-Padme Jedi Knight

star 3
  15. ImperialOrder Jedi Knight

star 2
    If we are a go, I can do a Clone or an Officer. Boba won't be making an apperance untill I get the bucket.

>Steve
  16. Anakin-and-Padme Jedi Knight

star 3
    Just heard from Chase that he finally got a hold of the manager at the shop today and she says no need for a personal meeting. We are a go for sure and can meet then :)

Vader will be fine adn not too scary for the kids. No problem.

Now Chase has a message out to the Make a Wish Foundation lady to give him a call with an exact number of costumers that she wants as the shop owner did not say anything about limiting it to only 5 and I think as many FCJK members that want to attend should be able to come. I hate the idea of exluding anyone.

We should know tomorrow or Thursday a number or any other restrictions.

=D=
  17. ---Vossk--- Jedi Knight

star 2
  18. JaxAnakinSkywalker Jedi Knight

star 3
    Ok! Good news! We can all go!

The event is on Sept 28th, from 5-8pm. Everybody just get there as soon as you can.

I'll have more later on. I'll tell you what the results are from the news article and such...

Later
  19. ---Vossk--- Jedi Knight

star 2
    ummmm which one is it at. :p
  20. Anakin-and-Padme Jedi Knight

star 3
    'tis at this one:

Cold Stone Creamery
    2750 Race Track Road
    Julington Creek, FL 32259
  21. ---Vossk--- Jedi Knight

star 2
  22. ObiWanAmanda Jedi Knight

star 2
    Ok I will probably be there...but I dont know how to get there so directions would be nice.
  23. JaxAnakinSkywalker Jedi Knight

star 3
    No worries... it's actually easy. you know how to get to Mama Fu's. Go the same way, except don't stop at Mama Fu's. Keep going south on San Jose over the bridge until you reach Race Track Road. It should be right in the shopping plaza on the corner. I'll verify to be absolutely exact.
  24. MiraNova34 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I really want to go to this but it's kinda far for me There are so many events right now so I can't go to everything. I love their ice cream!!
  25. MiraNova34 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I found out I have open house that night for my school so I couldn't come even if the location was closer.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.