main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jack, FL Make a Wish Foundation

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by JaxAnakinSkywalker, Aug 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ObiWanAmanda

ObiWanAmanda Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 10, 2005
    Ok I felt I needed to bump this back to the top to remind everyone about it. We really need a good showing guys. There are people donating major things to this event because of our group, so we need to have a good showing. Hey is Terry still coming???? If you can do your best to show up in costume. I think this is going to be a lot of fun!! I can't wait...

Dont forget about the Short film festival too...they are expecting a large showing from us. Hope to see you all there!! :)

2. Twin_solo_Durron

Twin_solo_Durron Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 30, 2003
    i am sadly not going to be able to make this one..with my late hours at work and all.

3. MAGNIFICENT-SITH

MAGNIFICENT-SITH Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 8, 2005
    Yes I am going to be there. My company, (Party City) is going to donate about 5 or 6 pretty well packed boxes of costumes from last year to the Foundation. I need to make sure the lady from the Foundation knows this because we need a letter from her stating that we did infact donate them to her...for tax purposes at work ( you know how the government is lol).
    -Terry

4. Anakin-and-Padme

Anakin-and-Padme Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2005
    I will draft a letter requesting that letter for you now for Ani to send her as I don't have her email on hand (it's on his computer).
    That is awesome and tell them THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! That is just awesome!

5. ObiWanAmanda

ObiWanAmanda Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 10, 2005
    Just bumping this one back up again since its a major event. Again, all able members....BE THERE!!!

6. Anakin-and-Padme

Sep 2, 2005
    Scrolling event banner is showing this event, but linking to the Film Festival ;)

7. JaxAnakinSkywalker

JaxAnakinSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 21, 2006
    Hey, just a little pep talk in general guys.

We're stressed out. It's that simple. We're like roommates that have spent too much time together lately. We're almost through this month.

We have had a lot on our plate. Look at it this way, we have nothing scheduled for Oct. until the next MF and it should probably stay that way. Maybe we'll get together and practice, but other than that we should just probably take some time to lick our wounds.

We have learned a lot this month. We are still establishing ourselves in a few ways, so this month has taught us some great lessons. On this off month, why don't we talk about some ways to do some more serious recruiting? I'm game. I know someone has a flyer and I know a couple of places to put them. Let's figure it out.

We do have this one last troop this month though, and it's a good one. I would like to work with the MaWF regularly and maybe it could replace some of our MF stuff and we can take a load off, you know? The MaWF people are great and they really want to make it enjoyable for the kids. That's why we were invited. Let's get pumped one last time and then take a rest guys. I know everyone here, and I know that we can pull this last event off this month. Go Knights!

8. ImperialOrder

ImperialOrder Jedi Youngling star 2

May 19, 2005
    Why did that sound way to much like I was playing a football game? Win one for the Ob-ster?? Doesn't quite ring well....

>Steve

9. Anakin-and-Padme

Sep 2, 2005
    I think it was a nice thing to do. I think we are all feeling pressue. All pep talks sound the same whether they are for business or football.

Since Ani hates football I doubt that is where that comes from.

Hope you were kidding. That was a bit rude.

P.S. We were mentioned on the News this morning during the morning show. YAY!

10. darth-blaze

darth-blaze Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    OK, guys, the Go time for this event is at 6pm, but try to be there before that so we can get ready, and be on stations by 6pm.

11. Randy1Kenobi

Randy1Kenobi Jedi Youngling

Sep 26, 2006
    i wish i could be there but the boss doesnt let us out till 7 i hate my company

12. Anakin-and-Padme

Sep 2, 2005
    [image=http://www.firstcoastjediknights.org/CSC-Save-the-Date-email.jpg]

13. ImperialOrder

May 19, 2005
    Dude it's cool. We can't make it out to all of them. Just try to be at one, so we can meet you.

>Steve

14. JaxAnakinSkywalker

Feb 21, 2006
  15. ImperialOrder

May 19, 2005
    He's our man. Gotta win one for him!! Ya knew I was just kidding.

>Steve

16. JaxAnakinSkywalker

Feb 21, 2006
    Yea, you know we're kool

17. Twin_solo_Durron

Twin_solo_Durron Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 30, 2003
    man i so want to be here for this event..but i never know when i get off work..it could be anywhere from 5:30 to 7.

18. darth-blaze

May 19, 2002
    Come on, I just can't beleive what I'm reading. This event is been on the boards for more than a month (thats 40 days) and in that time people couldn't ask to get off early for just one day. I CAN"T BELIEVE THIS.

19. Sithmauler

Sithmauler Jedi Youngling

Sep 26, 2006
    That sounds reasonable. If the event was posted well in advance people should be able to go. You can call it community service or charity. Your Boss will understand, and must of the times they let you go.

20. Anakin-and-Padme

Sep 2, 2005
    Hey Hey Hey. Regardless of how long something has been on the board should have no bearing on ones attendance. I personally know that Chase's vacation time is just that. I wouldn't ask off for it either if it warranted it ;)

If you can make it I think that is awesome and if you can't you shouldn't be chastised. I can remember LOTS of Mama Fu's events that people didn't go to for a very long time (ahem) because they were busy with work, family and school.

It's charity people. Be nice. Go ahead and chastise at me too. I won't be there. There is no AC in the van and since we have yet to get it fixed I can not come. I'm not keeping the kids in a 90 degree car all day while Chase works for anyone.

Have fun. The turn out still looks like it will be great. Especially considering in the beginning they were only going to allow Canon characters and 4 or 5 people.

21. darth-blaze

May 19, 2002
    Yes, I misses the first 3 events at Mama fu's, but I manage to change my schedule around so I can attend to them.

22. Anakin-and-Padme

Sep 2, 2005
    You did =D=

I'm sure when the flow of events slows this will no longer be an issue. We all knew September was going to be difficult.

23. ImperialOrder

May 19, 2005
    Sept is a hard month. Esp for me. No offense, but I do hope we get a good turn out. I might not be able to post tonight, I have to head to Jax and take care of the dog. But, I will post. Maybe one of our newbies will attend. We always have spare costumes. Come on, I know Randy1Kenobi was interested in trooping in costume. I'll lone ya one.

>Steve

24. darth-blaze

May 19, 2002
    Steve, make sure you wash them. LOL

25. Anakin-and-Padme

Sep 2, 2005
    STEVE THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!
    Ok, which newbie wants to borrow a costume and troop with us?
    Come on , it'll be fun.

(Peer Pressure!)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.