main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ark Make-A-Wish Fundraiser, Saturday November 15th, HELP! :)

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by StarWarsFanChuck, Nov 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StarWarsFanChuck

StarWarsFanChuck Jedi Youngling

Oct 18, 2008
    Hey friends,

I should have posted this a couple of weeks ago when I joined, but that is MY FAULT! We are having a Make-A-Wish Fundraiser at the Turtle Creek Mall of Jonesboro (in the Northeast Corner of Arkansas) - which is only 60 minutes from Memphis - so VERY close to some of you, on Saturday November 15th, from 1pm to 4pm!

ALL the money is for Make-A-Wish, which is the non-profit that grant's sick and dying children their wishes. It is an AMAZING cause, and we are dressing up in costume for the event.

We have SEVERAL Star Wars Fan Club members (8 so far confirmed) that are coming, and I was hoping that a couple of my fellow forum members might come out and join the fun!!!! I have posted this in a couple of different forums, trying to get some help!

Who can come? It is a SHORT drive over, and it is for a sick/dying local child, and you will get TONS of free food, drinks, and DESSERT!!!!! The event will be filmed for the local news, and in both the local newspaper, and our two Northeast Arkansas magazines! So, this is a GREAT chance for free publicity!!! And Free Food! And a chance to help a dying child! All in costume on a Saturday!

Here are the details: Please please please come on over to Arkansas and help us out! Please!!

Make-A-Wish Foundation and Game Stop
    Turtle Creek Mall Make-A-Wish Fundraiser
    Coordinated by Game Stop Store Manager Chuck K.,
    Contact Chuck at Game Stop in the Turlte Creek Mall
    (870) 932 - 1597

Game Stop of Jonesboro in the Turtle Creek Mall is proud to announce our First Annual Make-A-Wish Foundation Fundraiser! Game Stop of Jonesboro has partnered with the Non-Profit to raise money to grant a local sick and dying child their wish.

On Saturday November 15th, from 1pm to 4pm, we have fun activities planned for children such as games, face painting, coloring activities, and more ? all for an amazing cause!

Game Stop and Make-A-Wish are also very proud to have the Official Star Wars Fan Club, the 501st, coming out in their Star Wars costumes to take photos with children ? all for free! We will also have Disney Characters in costume for the kids as well!

Lots of fun activities, free food and drinks, ALL for free, all for kids! And all for a great cause, the Make-A-Wish Foundation ? to raise money for a local sick and dying child.

WHO:
    Make-A-Wish Foundation and Game Stop of Jonesboro

WHAT:
    Free activities for children, including photographs with their favorite Star Wars and Disney characters live in costume, games, coloring, food and drinks, and much more - ALL free for children!

WHEN:
    Saturday, November 15th, from 1pm to 4pm

WHERE:
    The Turtle Creek Mall of Jonesboro, direcly in front of the Game Stop store (near the mall?s Target Entrance and children?s playground)

WHY:
    All these free activities are to benefit the Non-Profit organization Make-A-Wish, and we are taking donations to grant a local sick and dying child their wish! What better cause is there than helping a sick local child?! Game Stop and the Make-A-Wish Foundation, working together to help local sick and dying children in our Northeast Arkansas community

So, who wants to come out and help and eat TONS of free food and help a dying child?!?!?! ;)

God Bless,

----Chuck

2. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    As I am currently out of state for medical reasons... I won't be able to make it. Though I would like to encourage anyone who can make it to make the effort to go and support this cause!

3. StarkRhavyn

StarkRhavyn Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2003
    That stinks, I'm going to Jonesboro this weekend (8th) and possibly on the 22nd (the Red Wolves game).
    But I wouldn't be much help anyway and I don't do the costuming thing (unless a voice changer Vader mask counts, lol), so I'd just be mooching off the free food anyway.

4. StarWarsFanChuck

StarWarsFanChuck Jedi Youngling

Oct 18, 2008
    Yeah, I am still hoping a few more costumers can join us. JOIN US! haha Vader voice there.. JOIN US> LOL

Anyone??

Anyone want to help us out next weekend?

5. locokarma

locokarma Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 23, 2005
    This is tomorrow!

If you can't costume, spotters & photographers are needed to help out!

:)

On a side note, one of the guys from Mississippi will not be
    able to make it due to work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.