main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Make Flyboy a Mod!

Discussion in 'Europe General Archive' started by The Flying Dutchman, Dec 2, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Flying Dutchman

The Flying Dutchman Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2000
    Yep you know it. I wanna become a Mod, so I can Keep an eye on this place to make sure it stays nice :)
    So what do you think?
    BTW: Don't mind if someone else becomes a Mod as long as it's someone who really loves this place!

2. PatJedi82

PatJedi82 Ex-Mod star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 31, 2000
    Ahh the Duchtman I'm not sure
    A Jedi a Mod
    That can't go well!!!!

No seriously

You would be a good Moderator so my vote you have old friend!

3. The Flying Dutchman

Jun 4, 2000
    I'll buy you a beer :)

4. PatJedi82

Aug 31, 2000
    but just Sushibeer

5. The Flying Dutchman

Jun 4, 2000
  6. Nwalme Jade

Nwalme Jade Ex(patriated) RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 13, 2000
    Sushibeer is not somthing that's bought. It's something that's *given*.
    It's the official friendship beverage!! ;)

7. MacCaffrey

MacCaffrey VIP star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 2000
    Then we need a lot of sushibeer!

And after there is nothing left, we organize more and make the Dutchman a mod.
    What do you think?

8. PatJedi82

Aug 31, 2000
    Dutchman for Mod!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Nwalme Jade

Apr 13, 2000
    I can't be objective, he's my partner in Jedi mind tricks ;)

10. The Flying Dutchman

Jun 4, 2000
    Well I posted this topic on the Communications Forum and Asked how I could become a Mod. They said that you must be voted to become a City Representative. This person represents his Forum and is responsible for it. If I'm not mistaken he'll also become a mod, but I've asked that to comfirm... When I've gotten an answer I'll start a lobby in the European Forums :)
    BTW: this CR will only be a Mod in his or her particulairy Forum, so a CR from Germany can not moderate the Italian Forum. At least that's the main Idea...

11. Darth_Asabrush

Darth_Asabrush Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 21, 2000
    I always thought the worst thing a person could do if he wanted to become a Mod, was ask. Isn't it by invitation only? I guess we are gonna need a few more around here now aren't we.....hmmmmmmmmm I'm not sure that is good news or bad news, I'll keep my options open.

12. Mr. K

Mr. K Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 1999
    City reps are voted by their community, not assigned by the Fanforce admins. So yeah, if Dutchman has enough support, we'll make it so.

And yes, a CR can only keep watch over their OWN city/province.

13. PatJedi82

Aug 31, 2000
    Did I understand right?

For example if the Dutchman is going to be a mod he can only watch the Dutch forum

14. Mr. K

Mr. K Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 1999
    Yes.

15. The Flying Dutchman

Jun 4, 2000
    I'm going for the General European Forum :)

16. Nwalme Jade

Apr 13, 2000
    Oh, if supporting him is not bad for him, then... let's support Flyboy!

17. PatJedi82

Aug 31, 2000
    Yup I'm with you

18. Lightsabre

Lightsabre Fan Force Founder star 4 VIP

Nov 12, 1999
    Hey gang,

We have yet to really break down Europe into regions. This may or may not be necessary depending on activity and demand. Usually how it works is we assign a Regional Support Admin who runs their region - group of cities, states and/or provinces. Each city, state and/or province has it's own CR who moderates their city's forum and works closely with the RSA.

If you have any suggestions on how Europe should be divided into sections, please post let us know. Once we have an effective design on Europe and it's regions, we will be better equipped to serve its fans through RSA's and CR's.

:)

19. m0rpheus

m0rpheus Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 27, 2000
    Here's some backup to what MrK and Lightsabre had said.

Another point to remember is that before you guys establish your City Represenative, you must first become a FanForce Club. How is that done? The following text from the FanForce FAQ:
    ===============================
    How can my city be recognized by TFN as an OFFICIAL FanForce City?

Well, it's simple. Each metropolitan city is divided into regions. (You can view a list of U.S regions and International Regions here.) These regions are also "categories" on the FanForce Discussion Forums. These regions contain unique City forums, where Star Wars fans and TFN users can get together online and meet fellow, like-minded fans from their area. But FanForce is not about the "online" world. The "online" world at TFN FanForce is just a tool to help these cities effectively run their FanForce. With that being said, each City Forum is encouraged to form a grass-roots club, which will become the local official embodiment of TheForce.Net. This club or group will be referred to as a FanForce!

The following is a list of pre-requisists in order for your city group to be recognized as an official T FN FanForce:

1) Get to know everyone posting in the forums for your respective cities. If your city is currently not on the forums, start it up! Maintaining a strong presence on the forums is vital!

2) Start planning group activities and meeting with each other! Communities are not built over the internet alone!

3) [IMPORTANT] Your city group must plan and execute three events or activities and have advance notice of each posted on the FanForce Headlines/Main page. We want you guys to build grassroots, self-contained clubs that actually do more than just chat on the forums all the time! Network with your fellow fans! Without the completion of this particular guideline, consideration cannot be given.*

4) Choose one individual to represent your organization to FanForce. This person will work directly with a FanForce Regional Support Administrator to help you plan out activities, interface with charities, gather sponsors (if and when necessary) and address all issues and concerns regarding FanForce and TheForce.Net in general

5) A local FanForce can be run anyway the fans of that city wish it to be run. All we ask is that you use our TFN FanForce City Forums as your online meeting place! .

*Special consideration can be given to city groups and clubs that have demonstrated a sustained membership and record of activity. Some will question why we have these stipulations to gaining FanForce status. the answer is simple. We dont want FanForce cities that do nothing but talk to each other on the forums. FanForce is much more dynamic than that. We want to hear about what you're doing -- whether it's Star Wars related or not. Star Wars is what brought us all together, but our community involvement with one another is the glue that will keep us that way.

20. The Flying Dutchman

Jun 4, 2000
    Then what's the use of the European General Forum... I think it'll be difficult (to say the least) to get ppl from across Europe to meet. A ticket from A'dam tot Rome isn't cheap :(

21. lejmar_faldor_uk

lejmar_faldor_uk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 20, 2000
    and as I've said in the UK forum WHY SHOULD AMERICAN CHAPTER RULES APLY TO UK/EUROPEAN COUNTRIES???? whitch no one has replied to!

and you are finding it s hard to divide us into groups (hint) europe is made up into countrys you may find that usful

22. The Flying Dutchman

Jun 4, 2000
    I don't really follow you...

23. lejmar_faldor_uk

lejmar_faldor_uk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 20, 2000
    if you can't follow a simple post by a user then does that really make you a good mod????

its only a question not a threat or ne thing!

24. darthcleo

darthcleo Administrator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 8, 2000
    Those are not "american rules". They're "fanforce rules". The idea behind fanforce is to get fans within reasonable distance to meet in real life and eventually organise line-ups.

There's a European forum for now, because we thought it was necessary to provide forums where people could meet. Now, it's divided by countries, but as soon as a city gets organised, that city will be given its own forum.

25. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I will support Flyboy!

And after reading this I don't believe that Scandinavia will become an official club in a very long time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.