main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Make it work!" - Project Runway 3

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Obi-Dawn Kenobi, Jul 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QueenAmidalaEP1

QueenAmidalaEP1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 15, 2005
    It was hinted at in the teaser for the final show and if you highlight the setion of my post from 9/29 9:36am you can get more details.

2. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    I saw The View this morning too and tried to suss out the winner by their moods/demeanors. Of course, I still have no clue! LOL! But I thought that Jeffrey seemed quite subdued this morning while Michael and Uli were vibrant and happy. Laura was even keeled and diplomatic.

3. MomMaster

MomMaster Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 4, 2006
    Oh, so it is not just on designing the clothes but the construction. Because on the teamwork episodes, the designer got the full credit. So if Jeff got in a bind and needed some sewing help, I can't see the problem. But what's fair is fair.

4. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Jan 27, 2000
    One of the rules for their final Bryant Park collections is that they must do all the sewing themselves except for specialty services that they can outsource, as long as they pay the standard going price for those services. In season one Jay outsourced the knitting of some sweaters and some of the quilting in his designs.

Apparently, Laura seems to think that there's no way Jeffrey could have completed the basic sewing of all his garments at the level of quailty they are in during the amount of time he had between Tim Gunn going out to see his progress and the Bryant Park show. Therefore, she surmised that perhaps he had help which he did not report to the show's producers. I guess, from what I gather, she was surprised at the high construction quality of his garments and that each piece was completely finished when he arrived in New York. Traditionally the designers are still working on the finishing touches days and hours (sometimes minutes) prior to the fashion show.

5. Jedi_Kai

Jedi_Kai Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2001
    Keith exhibits classic sociopathic characteristics. Never his fault. Always someone else to blame or an excuse.

Have you actually read the disclaimer at the end of the show? The judges are not the only judges. It says something about winners being determined by the judges in consultation with the producers and Bravo management.

So perhaps in the mothers' challenge, when I thought Jeffery deserved to be kicked off, the producers kept him because the conflict he engenders makes for "good TV" ????
    Hmmmm..

6. MomMaster

Apr 4, 2006
    Yes I saw this and was wondering the same thing! and why they kept Angela so long.

7. Smiling-Otter

Smiling-Otter Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 21, 2001
    Next week, I will watch Jeffrey cry. "Oh, the tears of unfathomable sadness! Yummy!" to quote Eric Cartman.

8. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, watch him cry in relief when his name is cleared.

I would trust PR previews like this about as much as I would trust a used car salesman. (No offense to any used car salesmen. :p )

Jefrrey told the ladies on The View that he watched the reunion special at Laura's house. I highly doubt he would be hanging out there for a PR party if her allegations got him disqualified from the final collection judging. We know he shows and we know he was exuberantly excited at the show, so I think all will be well for Jeffrey.

9. Smiling-Otter

Mar 21, 2001
    Well there went that warm fuzzy feeling... I was hoping to skip supper and have just desserts.

Since I knew he was still in the fashion show, I'd figured he was going to be allowed to show off his work, but wouldn't be eligible for the prize. Oh well. He's a jerk, though I have to admit a talented jerk.

10. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Jan 27, 2000
    Well, even though I don't trust the previews for this show I have to say that you never know what might happen. I don't think Laura's allegations can be proved or disproved and Jeffrey does excitedly show his collection at Bryant Park. I'll say there's a chance he may be disqualified from the judging for something else they found during their investigation, like a discrepancy in his receipts or something. But I hope not.

And what's up with all the blonde wigs he brought with him? Was he planning to have his models wear those during the show? Because I don't think they did. :confused:

11. QueenAmidalaEP1

Sep 15, 2005
    No, those tacky blond wigs were thankfully ditched at some point by Jeffery.
    I was noticing a few things that they showed, that didn't make it to the runway or were edited/altered before the runway.

12. luminousbeing78

luminousbeing78 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 9, 2005
    I've never watched this show till this past week (fall break--yippee!), and I was hooked from the start. After hours and hours in front of the TV, I wasn't surprised by who made the top 4. Has the final show already taken place, or are you referring to previews (regarding all those blonde wigs not actually being shown)? I actually gasped when they showed Jeff crying--but my gut instinct was the same as Obi-Dawn's--Jeffrey and his ego are a PR goldmine, so I don't think they'll completly boot him off. I love this show!!
    God, I need a dressform.

13. lavagrrrl

lavagrrrl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    The final show has already happened, that is why the photos from the shows were out there to post links to. :)

14. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Jan 27, 2000
    Welcome luminousbeing! It's an addictive show, isn't it? ;)
    The final fashion show was taped a few weeks back during fashion week in New York. I believe they then tape the final judging segment at Parson's where they announce the winner. So it's been taped and decided for a while now. :)

I'm glad Jeffrey didn't end up using those blonde wigs.

15. luminousbeing78

Oct 9, 2005
    EEEEEEKKKK! Where was I? Oh, well, I'm sure I'll catch the re-run. So, what was everyone's favorite outfit (as if we could pick one)? I loved Uli's Paris gown and Jeffrey's stained newspaper dress. And Laura's black/white. How they did it in such little time I'll never know.

16. Cailina

Cailina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 1999
    No, no, the final show hasn't aired yet, it's only been taped. They know the blonde wigs were ditched because earlier in the thread(maybe a page back) someone posted a link to pictures from Fashion Week, which is where the final four aired their collections, and there were no blonde wigs. Most(all?) of us have seen still images of the final collections but none of us(I assume, unless someone has inside info) know who the winner is.

17. MomMaster

Apr 4, 2006
    Looking at the collections, I was surprised - I liked Michael's the least I think. He was my favorite. His clothes look very uncomfortable to wear!

I though Laura's were elegant! Different. I like Uli's - also surprised by what she showed though. Some were very diff that what she designed on the episodes as if she was saving her ideas.

I enjoyed seeing their families. Makes me wonder why Laura had so many kids! Who raises them?

18. luminousbeing78

Oct 9, 2005
    Whew!! Between preparing for Halloween and college football on TV all the time, I'm out of the loop. But I do look forward to the finale.
    Laura's clothes have all been so elegant! It was an interesting contrast seeing her with all those kids--I couldn't imagine what a busy life she must have!! I really loved the 'turtle poop' bit...the boys were so cute!

19. QueenAmidalaEP1

Sep 15, 2005
    I still have no clue who will win.

20. QueenAmidalaEP1

Sep 15, 2005
    http://www.husqvarnaviking.com/us/7922_7917.htm
    Meet Project Runway's Laura Bennett!

I have been a bit surprised that Viking or one of the other high end sewing machine companies hasn't gotten
    tied into PR before this. Yes you use industrial machines for the most part, but they should be donating their
    machines to the work room too. And having sergers, embroidery machines, sewing machines as part of the prize package.

Per the blurb Laura uses a Viking Machine and so does Laura's mom.

21. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Jan 27, 2000
    *sigh* I know who I want to see win.

The previews for this episode seem edited to allude to Jeffrey's absence in the tent. Red herring? A ruse to make us think he's disqualified?

It's such a toss up. I saw a preview where Tim tells Jeffrey that they were unable to locate a receipt for the pleating on a pair of shorts. Jeffrey is asked to contact the business that did the pleating and ask them to fax a copy of the receipt. What if he can't get a copy? I suspected there'd be something amiss with the recepits after they made such a point of showing Tim collect them this time around. *sigh*

22. Smiling-Otter

Mar 21, 2001
    If having pleating done by a 3rd party is acceptable (which seemed to be the case, judging by the conversation Jeffrey and Tim had on the last episode) why is that something he'd have to prove?

23. QueenAmidalaEP1

Sep 15, 2005
    He has to prove he paid fair market value for the outsourced specialty work. You can't get the work at a special discount or free (like the custom made shoes the first season).

There is a strict budget they have to keep to.

24. The_Sith_Hunter

The_Sith_Hunter Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2005
    I looked over the posted and didn't see anything about this, so if it is a redundent question, I appologize. Why is the little blurb for last week's show (2nd to last show) titled something like "The final three?" Seemed odd to me because no one got the boot. I would like to see Jeffrey (typed with a snooty tone) get booted. He is a jerk and was mean to Angela's mom. I'd have beat him down if he did that to my mom!

25. Benae_Quee

Benae_Quee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    *Jumping up and down like a lunatic*

Eeeeeee Milan was in my store today!!!!!!!

He's really nice in person :) He was looking at all our costume jewelry and said he'd definately be back :D I was so upset I didn't have my camera today, would have loved a picture with him :(

Heidi was in a few months ago with her baby (I missed her unfortunately because I was at the bank :( ).

50 more minutes until the final episode! I hope Michael wins :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.