MAKE JEDI OFFICIAL

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Swomz, Aug 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie
  1. Swomz Jedi Padawan

star 4
    As the UK did a while back, I am now trying to do, get jedi on the census form as a religion. Please back me up by signing this http://www.petitiononline.com/StarWars/petition.html petition
  2. arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master

star 5
    Sure, I am curious to see how many people would claim "Jedi" as their religion. I just dont think we would ever get an accurate answer. The closest we would get would be a government survey - maybe thats what you mean ? If we asked on TF.N I think we'd get a lot of Jedis, but thats not an accurate survey & I cant see our government putting Jedi on their religion survey.
    It would be cool to know though. Definitely.
  3. Swomz Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I believe when they take a census every ten years, if enough people will classify themselves as a certain religion (10,000 I believe) that is not yet on the census they will add it.
  4. arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master

star 5
    I didnt know that- thanks.
  5. Swomz Jedi Padawan

star 4
    So I guess I will start the petition, I need to ask OW if he will ask tfn to put it up on their site or something
  6. Swomz Jedi Padawan

star 4
    oya, if you want to sign, the url is in the first post
  7. PadmeSolo Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Just felt like I should add a my two cents. That is so **** hot! Do you really think that many people will put that as their religion? (Oh wait stupid question, of course). It'd be a great idea to get it out to everybody who would be involved! Anyways...

-Padme Solo
  8. JediDragon Jedi Master

star 5
    [voice=bill lumbergh]umm....yeaaaahhh...I'm gonna have to ahhh...go ahead and disagree with you on that one[/voice]

I don't wanna be a wet toilet seat, but I think having Jedi listed as a religion is about half ******ed and will just get more crap put on me at work and from my family...and everyone else in the great US of A.
  9. Swomz Jedi Padawan

star 4
    heh, whatever you guys want, I am doing this for people that want it, if you don't, whatever floats ur boat is fine with me
  10. darth_hair Jedi Master

star 5
    do it , i will just say that im a dark jedi if i have to . i dont think sith would work out .
  11. ObiMcD Jedi Master

star 4
    I got a question, how can you have a religion that doesn't have at least some form of organized worship. I don't even believe anyone would consider Jedi a religion as much as a philosophy, sort of like Confuciusism. I think on a census I'll just stay a good ol' christian thank you very much. I think having Jedi as your religion is, dare I say it, going a bit too far.
  12. PadmeSolo Jedi Padawan

star 4
    As I put my two cents in, a religon doesn't always have to be organized. A lot of times the only thing that matters is that everyone in it holds the same principles. I do, however, see your point. But wouldn't it be sorta cool anyways?
  13. kitarusapien Former RMFF CR

VIP
    star 6
    Initially, I would like to have seen Jedi as a religion, but since most of the world's major conflicts have strong & relevent basis in religion, I'm not so sure now. I mean, we all know that religions pervades every aspect of human life, and war is a serious part of human endeavour. Just look at history.....the Crusades clear up to current terrorist activities are clearly, if not wholly, religion/economically-based, & have deep-seeded ties to religion as a singular entity. I'm almost of the opinion that once you label a seemingly good social faith-based theory a 'religion' you immediately condemn it to having a myriad of problems since invariably the power-mongers come to roost, and the moral basis becomes unraveled & politically motivating, as so many religions have become. The Jedi code as a mythology is sound, and can be, in human terms, very productive on many fronts...but that's just in hollywood theory. For the record, I was an alter-boy and devout Roman Catholic for over a decade until I saw the reality of most religions. Every religion says killing is wrong....and every one of those religions has a clause somewhere to say when killing is right.
  14. arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master

star 5
    That is exactly why I would answer Jedi.

and also why I probably shouldnt participate in discussions involving religion.

I try to be a good guy, not a bad guy. Thats about as clearly as I define it.

Sounds Jedi to me & thats good enough. :)
  15. Swomz Jedi Padawan

star 4
    is there really anything wrong with wanting to be a Jedi? I mean it is such a cool thing...the Force...
  16. kitarusapien Former RMFF CR

VIP
    star 6
    I put one in the USA government category, too......oh, well..........
  17. Swomz Jedi Padawan

star 4
    uh, sorry, u lost me there
  18. ObiMcD Jedi Master

star 4
    Have you noticed that a lot of the Jedi Idealogy is a mix of different real-world religions. Mix Christianity with a touch of Buddhism, Islam, and Judaism and you basically get Jedi.
  19. kitarusapien Former RMFF CR

VIP
    star 6
    Yep, all the righteous parts without the power-mongerin'.....FLOL!
  20. Swomz Jedi Padawan

star 4
    lol, he has a really good point, if we were all jedi we wouldnt have these religious conflicts wud we?
  21. kitarusapien Former RMFF CR

VIP
    star 6
    Actually, as soon as we all termed it a religion, it'd just go to hades in a handbasket....FLOL!!!!
  22. Swomz Jedi Padawan

star 4
    LOL
    Error: Only 1 message post per minute is allowed.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.