main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD Make me Learned! (memes, slang etc...)

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by GoobaFish, Sep 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoobaFish

GoobaFish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    In trying to NOT step on Best/Worst of the Web's toes with this thread, I think we need a thread for exposing the rest of us to something new you've stumbled upon on the intertubes that becomes a meme, or standard terminology.

I had to wiki "jumping the shark" (a show goes beyond realism or makes changes that make it what it never should have been etc)...

So as a public service measure, use this thread to keep the people you think might need a catchup / explanation (I'll be one of those people often I think). The ability, the nature of the net is such that things can come and go in the space of a week, or stay around and become used outside of the net too.

Just linking to the Wiki on what you're sharing can suffice, but in terms or relating it to us may help too.

2. Murder_Sandwhich

Murder_Sandwhich Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    HERE is probably the easiest place to look for everything meme related that's not a Chan.

3. HappyBob

HappyBob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    There's something hilariously absurd about Wikipedia's article on The Rickroll; the way it academically dissects something so silly is just priceless.

4. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    You know, I was actually expecting that link to lead somewhere else. How dementedly self-referential would that have been?

5. HappyBob

HappyBob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    I stopped myself right before pressing send. I like to think this is a sign that I've Moved On, but part of me still looks back and wonders what might have been.

(Note that I didn't link here. That's real progress right there.)

6. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    See I had an inkling that this thread was made for absolute know-nothings like me and that was reinforced by really not understanding that last sentence MD. It was a sentence yeah? :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.