main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Make sure to take enough cash

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by k3po, Mar 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    Make sure to save yourself from the headache of not using your Credit card at the C3 store. Only reason I say this is a story I remember from a couple we meet at C2 and they used their Credit card and the store was such a frenzy and chaotic that they got charged for one transaction something like $800 when they only really bought something like $100 in merchandise. They said they talked to the supervisor there and he gave them a # that they would need to call the fallowing Monday after the event was over and they couldnt refund the money on the spot. I always felt sorry for that young couple as you could see in their eyes they didnt have that type of money to loose, along with most of us i'm sure. Hope they got their money back. So in short, take enough cash you think you might need at the store to be safe since it is a thrown together make shift, cables everywhere store. I'll take $150 and figure that will cover what I really need or want. $45 for just the C3 figure and they rest for what ever else I might be interested in. Figure $150 is more than enough. I think I only spent $80 last time.

Also, with as many people as there were at C1 and C2 and probably just as much if not more at C3. Carry your wallet in your front pocket and ladies, try not to take a purse if you dont need to.

2. Silmarillion

Silmarillion Manager Emerita/Ex RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 1999
    Carry your wallet in your front pocket and ladies, try not to take a purse if you dont need to.

LOL

How many women do you know?

;)

3. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    A little advice would be to take travelers checks instead of big wads of cash.

Travelers checks are safe and if you lose them or they are stolen they are refundable.

4. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    "How many women do you know?"

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

5. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    Carry your wallet in your front pocket and ladies, try not to take a purse if you dont need to.

Yeah that is never going to happen. :p Good tips, though.

6. robertyodarugenstein

robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2002
    A little advice would be to take travelers checks instead of big wads of cash.

I did that at CII and they where worthless. No one would take them. It sucked when you got to the front of the line to pay for your stuff to find out they would not take them.

7. CarolynNC

CarolynNC Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2002
    I took travelers checks to C2 and they worked fine. Of course I only used them to pay for my room and then had the hotel cash some every day. I thought I also used them in the C2 store but maybe not! Hard to remember. :D Check with your hotel to see if they will cash some daily. I think last time my hotel had a limit of $100 per day which worked fine with the cash I was carrying. I didn't want to 'charge' my trip so I needed funds but I sure didn't want to carry lots of cash.

8. -Doctor_Evil-

-Doctor_Evil- Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 3, 2004
    There is the rub.

The hotels will cash them for you no problem. That is their stock in trade to deal with travelers. But don't expect to be able to use them like cash at the vendors on the floor or even in the smaller restaurants in the area.

Take all that into account.

Doc

9. eddie-wan-kenobi

eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2003
    Other than my hotel, I am paying with cash I have saved upped for the trip. Will admit I'm a little nervous to be toting around a grand in my wallet.

10. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    Can we actually buy stuff from the liscenes, or can we only buy things at the store?

11. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    In the exhibit hall, there's tons of vendors selling things, so yes, you can. Don't recall if they take credit cards or not though.

12. DarthShona

DarthShona Jedi Master star 5

Jul 29, 2003
    Yeah that is never going to happen.

Indeed it won't!! [face_laugh]

13. CarolynNC

CarolynNC Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2002
    Will admit I'm a little nervous to be toting around a grand in my wallet.

eddie-wan-kanobi, where did you say you'd be staying? [face_money_eyes] [face_devil]

14. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    Some vendors took credit card last time. I remember Master Replicas and Rubies accepting credit, among others.

15. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002
    "Carry your wallet in your front pocket"

Good tip there! Btw,I shouldn't have any problem with it,because I'll have my wallet in the front pocket of my Jedi pants underneath by belt where my (metel) Lightsaber will be hanging. Any pickpockets try to come along and I'll wack 'em with it!

J/k. :p

16. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    "A little advice would be to take travelers checks instead of big wads of cash.

Travelers checks are safe and if you lose them or they are stolen they are refundable. "

If the celebration store takes them, thats is an even better idea. Do they? Guys, I'm not talking about the whole trip. I'm just talking about the celebration store. Everything else can go on my check card, its I just dont trust a half ass'ed set up store to not over charge me.

17. Doright

Doright Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 1999
    I also seem to remember that credit card transations just slowed the lines down to a screeching halt at the C2 Store. They had these hand held credit card readers that took like 5 minutes to dial out and verify your charge.

AFTER I was in line for an hour and a half they finally opened a "Cash only" line that was moving much faster.

18. BKK

BKK Jedi Master star 3

May 27, 2002
    Will admit I'm a little nervous to be toting around a grand in my wallet.

I tell you what. If it makes you feel more comfortable I can hold it for you. Just tell me your room number, how many people are staying in the room, what time you're checking in, and a list of any other valuables you'll be bringing to Indy and I think I can help you out. :D

19. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    For c II , Took $1100.00 bucks and spent every dime.
    I came home with two car loads of toys. Mostly Ep 1 and 95-2000 stuff but I did by some vintage figures too.
    Not taking that much with me this time.
    :(

20. JediMistressDragon

JediMistressDragon Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 20, 1999
    Took cash for some things and mostly used Visa bankcard
    for other things. This time more money (all in savings at the moment) and plan to prepay by check sent for hotel by end of this month so that's off my mind along with roomies' minds (they agreed to this).
    The only thing about money is keep your eye on it as with so many people at the con you don't want to have it stolen.
    JMD

21. eddie-wan-kenobi

eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2003
    LOL!! [face_laugh] Got a room full of comedians in here! Don't worry, I'm not THAT nervous about it. ;)

22. Darth_Glymmer

Darth_Glymmer Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 18, 2002
    I'll be toting my purse, but it's more likely to be filled with makeup than money.

23. Dark_Elling

Dark_Elling Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 4, 2002
    Your correct Doright, the FC store was accepting credit cards. I remeber the problem being a lack of reception for the portable handheld card readers.

It certainly was slow at some of the FC tables, but people were able to use there credit cards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.