main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Make your own cut! Splicing together the OOT and SEs

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by DavidSword79, Feb 3, 2016.

1. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    They slow down very quickly, true, but with the speed that it takes light to pass the Earth (0.0425 of a second? - some online site reviewed the matter), no way that a ship going faster than light at the point where it is already in a planet's atmosphere and breaking through the clouds, is going to decelerate in time. No way.

Besides, all the other times, reversion from hyperspace featured starlines as the vessels decelerated; the Falcon just got a clear view of mountains the moment it dropped out of hyperspace. The film-makers cut out the deceleration step in the hope that people wouldn't notice.

I'm guessing you didn't?

Actually, I'm not sure that I have to do any splicing now. These guys covered it perfectly well, I think:

2. DavidSword79

DavidSword79 Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 27, 2015

In the Shaw/Christensen debate thread, I suggested "morphing" the two actors' heads in such a way that Anakin's ghost looks like an aged Hayden, who has actually aged to look like Shaw, who kind of looks like Jake Lloyd. The circle would then be complete at last.

3. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Am I the only person who likes the Dewback walking in front the shot? It makes it feel like they've been stopped on a busy thoroughfare.

4. DavidSword79

DavidSword79 Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 27, 2015

It just blocks too much of the action. We want to watch our heroes drive up in their speeder, not stare at a moderate-to-poor CGI texturing five inches from the camera lens.

darklordoftech likes this.
  5. MeBeJedi

MeBeJedi Force Ghost star 6

May 30, 2002
    Dude, SW films are full of scientific impossibilities.... Hyperspace, sound in space, lightsabers, etc. You go right on ahead complaining about these all you want..... It will make zero difference.

6. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Actually, I too like it

Unpopular opinion, I know, but I feel like if it hadn't taken the 3 seconds to walk in front of the screen, it would seem sort of awkward to just watch the stormtroopers saunter to the side of the landspeeder