main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Maketh_Tua

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by CoolyFett, Jan 31, 2015.

1. Danifae

Danifae Jedi Master star 1

Aug 23, 2004

I'll have you know that's a fairly tame ship! There's a rather 'unique' story out there involving Ezra, Sabine and Tua... not that any of the content is suitable to recite here.

2. pepoluan

pepoluan Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 4, 2015
    O_O

Does it involve a huge amount of leather and a whip?

3. Danifae

Aug 23, 2004
    Why, would you read it if it did? ;)

LOL. There were many things, but I'm pretty sure that leather and whips weren't involved - unless a new chapter has been uploaded. *shudders*

4. pepoluan

Feb 4, 2015
    I... uh... um... I'm... errr... [face_nail_biting]

No comment [face_plain]

5. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Like the EU's Admiral Daala, but rising high on her own merit, rather than favouritism - and in the government rather than the military?

Jedi Knight Fett and Danifae like this.
  6. Octavian Dibar

Octavian Dibar Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2015
    Did someone say leather and a whip?

[​IMG]

Dr. Jones says keep your mind out of the gutter. :p

7. Danifae

Aug 23, 2004
    @ pepoluan: There, there. Everything's going to be okay... your secret is safe with me. Oh, wait. [face_batting]

@ Iron_Lord: Yes! Though I'd love to see a female Imperial in the military; I haven't read A New Dawn yet (the spoilers are another story), but it would be a shame if Rae Sloane didn't make an appearance. I understand she has a history with Hera and Kanan and their reunion would be entertaining, to say the least.

pepoluan and Iron_lord like this.
  8. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

Let me Guess was this on Fanfiction.net

You will never find a more reched hive of scum and villainy.

Danifae likes this.
  9. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    So uh...I wonder if Maketh has any family alive?

10. pepoluan

Feb 4, 2015
    Noble attempt to change the topic :D

I hope so. Then when Vader decided to "make Lothal an example", she'll flip.

11. jakobitis89

jakobitis89 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2015
    That, or she's the 'black sheep' in being so pro-Imperial. The rest of her family buckle under because the Empire is too strong to resist (for now) but she's the one who actively signed up for Imperial service and is really proud and jingoistic about the Empire - until she gets bought right back down to earth with a bump, as with Tarkin's 'motivational' methods. She's talking the talk but hasn't really had to walk the walk compared to the things we've seen other Imperials do - I think this season she's going to face that possibility and what she decides will give us an idea of where she's going long-term.

Danifae and Iron_lord like this.
  12. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Thank you. :)

Yeah, I can see her completely breaking down if Lothal gets wiped out. And then she decides to become a Rebel.

13. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    One way or another, they really should flesh out her character at least a little bit. I think that part of the reason why people have such wildly different ideas/theories when it comes to her is because we simply don't know much about her personally. We know that she's a fairly high-ranking minister, we know that she attended the Imperial Academy, we know that she can be somewhat "emotional" and petulant if things don't work out like they're supposed to, and we know that she has a fondness for funny-looking hats. But other than that, she's a cipher right now.

14. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    I was hoping she would have a Cruella Da Vil type of personality, but I think Rebels need to really tick her off to get to that point. Plus im sure many woman fans would love to see her stand to Tarkin. Just dont let her end up being a soft character.

15. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    I think she probably should get a new outfit the next season so that she doesn't look like a civilian (I wonder how she would look like in an Imperial officer uniform).

16. anakincol

anakincol Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2009

I think I may have thrown up a little in my mouth when the possibilities of what that story would be like flashed through my head. thankfully I have kept away from even looking at tumblr ever

17. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Aw I missed the fun conversations! Lame.

18. Kassius Konstantine

Kassius Konstantine Jedi Master star 1

Mar 1, 2015
    She is a civilian, so it makes sense for her to look like a civilian.

19. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Looks like she's wearing a military or a political uniform(which are more typical to paramilitary organizations) complete with armored shoulder plates and a helmet. Likely at this point women are conscripted into governmental service but cannot fight in combat like in ealry fascist Italy or Nazi Germany, but were regarded as auxiliary military personnel and responsible for logistical and administrative areas.There was female wings within the Wehrmacht and SS. Maybe as shortages of men occurred during war, women could be deployed to see combat but would be minorities.

Maybe that template we saw in Tarkintown was a some imperial failure or traitor and thrown out've the Lothal Imperial city and into a ghetto filled with the undesirables who would eventually be cleansed or die of poor living conditions.

20. Kassius Konstantine

Mar 1, 2015
    It is possible that she wears a uniform, but it is highly unlikely that she is in the military (be it navy, army, ISB, or whatever). She is a minister tasked with overseeing industrial intrests. While that does not necessarily means she is civilian, her dress also does not give away any military character. There are no rank or service insignia, the pattern and colour scheme differ widely from everything we have seen of Imperial and Republican uniforms. Also certain elements all Imperial uniforms have are missing like the distinctive belt buckle. The shoulder pads could easily be fashionable, etc.
    She is an academy graduate but we are not told what academy. But we do know how Kallus reacted when she tried to order him around in Empire. ;)

So while it is not entirely impossible that she is military, I tend to think Ockham's Razor applies.

Danifae and Iron_lord like this.
  21. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    As I said, its a governmental military/para-military style uniform, and the police and military are part of the government, its not like she's a civilian. The Empire has a nationalized dress code, which is a military-appearing uniform typical of Fascist regimes which the Empire is.

22. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    I assumed that it was the Imperial Academy and I confirmed that by looking it up Wookieepedia (an official source) where it also says she's a member of the Imperial army, which means she's not a civilian despite that her seemingly non-Imperial uniform and occupation might tell otherwise (maybe her kind of clothing is a common choice among Imperial ministers?).

23. jakobitis89

jakobitis89 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2015
    She's currently pretty ''Ra-ra! Go Empire!" so it's not impossible that she'd wear the uniform to try and show what a loyal and supportive little Imperial she is even if it isn't compulsory. I am not sure we've been given an exact age for Maketh or for the Imperial Academy (is it brand new or a repurposed 'Republic Academy' so it needn't necessarily have been the Imperial Academy when she actually graduated from it.

24. Kassius Konstantine

Mar 1, 2015
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Maketh_Tua
    Were does it say she is in the Army? And I do not think this wiki is official.

Anyway, it is canon that the Imperial Academy includes non-military careers, too. "You can find a career in space: Exploration, Starfleet, or Merchant Service. Choose from navigation, engineering, space medicine, contact/liaison, and more!". (from Ezra's Gamble; found on Wookiepedia...). This is quite supported by on-screen evidence as Sabine's cover story in Droids in Distress included translating being a "good practice" for her exams. I think it is very likely that the 'Imperial Academy' is an superordinate organization with many sub-branches.

I may point to her trying to give orders to Kallus in Emire Day, again. If she had a commission, her behaviour would have been incredibly inappropriate - on every level. Her short tempered and childish ranting is not something the Imperial military is known for, not even in Rebels.

There might well be a uniform for ministers and other civilian officials indeed. Historically, militaristic societies often gave their civil servants uniforms and encouraged wearing them in public. Tua could be such a case. But that is the point: not everyone in a uniform is military. ... if it is a uniform we are talking about.
    (I use the word civilian for everyone not in the armed forces).

Danifae and Octavian Dibar like this.
  25. Octavian Dibar

Octavian Dibar Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2015
    By order of the Emperor:
    1) All servants of the Empire's bureaucracy must wear hats of a size commensurate with their position and stature within the New Order. Compliance is mandatory.
    2) Casual Friday has been cancelled.

[​IMG]