main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Making a light Saber with MSPro 7

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Desyfa, Sep 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Desyfa

Desyfa Jedi Youngling

Sep 1, 2003
    I've been reading through Nick Jushchyshyn's tutorial at http://www.hiddenphantom.com/Tutorials/MSPGlow/MSPGlow.htm on how to make the light saber effect in MediaStudio Pro.

However, I do not understand Step 5 - "Time to Trick MSP". There's a part where he says "Render the project to SOURCE.AVI !!!
    Choose YES to overwrite the existing Source.AVI". What the does 'Render the project' mean?? How do I do this??

I can see what he's trying to do, I'm just so frustrated that I can't see how he's doing it. Can anyone help?

2. PadawanNick

PadawanNick Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 6, 2001
    That's it.
    I'm re-writing this thing tonight.

I'm using 3D Terminology for "rendering" an animation. In MSP terms...
    File->Export Video File

"Sorry about the mess."
    Have fun.

3. Desyfa

Desyfa Jedi Youngling

Sep 1, 2003
    Thanks Nick

4. ScaPaCamem

ScaPaCamem Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2003
    nick your tutorials are really helpful and it is great that you made them as a msp user i have to give a lot of thanks ;)

5. Jyro-Kyrn

Jyro-Kyrn Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 26, 2002
    Nick,
    I hate to say it, but "render" is the right word. When you are creating lightsabers in MSP all of the gaussian blurs and color filters have to be "drawn" or "rendered" by the software, and then composited on top of the frames. If you ask me, that is rendering.

I have to say that I didn't think that your tutorial was hard to follow at all. I've created several test with it and I have learned to adapt it to other situations and to better use MSP in general.

Your reply makes it sound like you are upset. I know several have asked lately about your tuts. IT'S NOT YOU! People can just have a hard time following directions when all they want is to get quick results. If you want to LEARN how to do it, your tutorials are fine. If you just want to shove out a lightsaber and see it real soon, then you may just want every step spelled out in great detail.

I've said it before, I'll say it again. "Thanks, your tutorials are a huge help."

Sincerly,
    Nick's Disciple

(No, he didn't pay me to say all that...)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.