main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

making...music......video......must get...........help!

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by dogzeyeview, Sep 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dogzeyeview

dogzeyeview Jedi Youngling

Sep 16, 2002
    I wrote a really cool star wars song but I am not happy with the music video. any advice would really be welcome. please don't be too hard on me. I know nothing.
    to view the video you can download it at
    dean.8m.com/dlpic.htmlthanks.

2. webwiz03

webwiz03 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 3, 2002
    That actually wasn't bad. I actually laughed out loud when Yoda is made to look like he's saying "I like". Not a bad video, I'd give it a 6, maybe a 7. Good job.

Regards,
    Kai

3. Darth_Jerak

Darth_Jerak Jedi Youngling star 3

May 20, 2002
    I liked it, especially when Yoda mouths the words. The song is catchy, I think you did a nice job.

-Kol.

4. Sciz

Sciz Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 7, 2002
    Hey man, don't be so hard on yourself. Neat Vid! :) I'm sure most people on this board can respect the formidable challenge that is video editing, and a music video is certainly some of the most grusome editing you can get yourself into!

PROs:

Great use of characters with the music!
    (Yoda and JarJar fit well! I love Yoda at the end!)

Catchy little tune, may be stuck in my head tonight.

Good mix of OT and new Star Wars footage.

<>

CONs:

Some footage gets repetitive (ie Darth Vader Force choking, and some Darth Maul shots), could use a little more variety.

Real life footage is a little bit bland ... :) You could use more, and crazier!

Anyways, great job!
    Welcome to the boards.

EDIT: The usual typos.

5. dogzeyeview

dogzeyeview Jedi Youngling

Sep 16, 2002
    thanks everyone. You are some very talented people and I value your input.

6. SamS

SamS Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2002
    Dunno...You should try integrating yourself into the footage (like the Edge in U2s Elevation Video?) When you're talking about your girl, and Amidala looks down and smiles at Anakin, I thought you were going to put yourself in there some where...no such luck.

I did like it, and it was fun ditty. I have to agree with everyone above, it was a good effort and you should be proud of it anyway.

7. TheRealFennShysa

TheRealFennShysa TFN FanFilms Staff star 4 VIP

Oct 7, 2000
    I liked the song, but your sound levels were WAY off... the lightsaber sounds were a whole order of level higher than the song...

Also, I'd also suggest cutting down on the repetition of the video... that sequence of Vader/Leia/Luke/Chewie/Threepio got used two or three times... and find something other than using the "Star Wars" logo flyaway again and again...

But overall, it's a promising beginning...

Fenn

8. predinator

predinator Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 25, 2001
    NICE ONE!

To tell you the truth, when I read your post, I wasn't sure about how the video was going to be. I liked the catchy lyrics, the original footage was funny aswell.

I do agree though, that the repeated Star Wars footage does get a bit boring, but hey - I take it this is your first attempt, so a very big well done.

All the best,
    Pred / Neil

..Darth Vaders, Lightsabers......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.