main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Making My Day! - Pro-Prequel Articles

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Jarren_Lee-Saber, Dec 10, 2014.

1. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    I was under the impression that "Kira" was simply a placeholder until a real name was chosen

Ezon Pin and trikadekaphile like this.
  2. The hidden holocron

The hidden holocron Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 16, 2015
    Lucas wanted generational conflict (Ben and Han Solo; Ben and Luke the in past) and familiar problems (Han and Leia) in TFA.
    Rey is a Lucas and Arndt's character.
    Vader's cult is not new, some people talked about this after ROTS. Some says this idea came out from Lucasfilm.
    Lucas wanted Vader's grandchildren (yes, he used plural).

Ezon Pin likes this.
  3. {Quantum/MIDI}

{Quantum/MIDI} Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2015

There was so much more inot Ardnt's scripts.

If TFA was GL's movie, it would have been a true return to "Symphonic Harmony" of Star Wars.

xezene and The hidden holocron like this.
  4. The hidden holocron

The hidden holocron Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 16, 2015
    Do you know something about other Arndt's material?

5. Antpocalypse

Antpocalypse Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 26, 2016
    Pro prequel music videos are good? :)

So I found these 2 music videos, the first one is a beautifully edited ode to Anakin's character and journey and the second is a more fun and energetic video. The lyrics in the videos are eerily perfect and describe him well. Enjoy!

AshiusX likes this.
  6. SW Saga Fan

SW Saga Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2015
    Here's another pro-PT video:

7. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    well that guy also said 'there weren't many ' thing's he liked about them

8. SeventySeven

SeventySeven Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jul 18, 2002
    Note to self - If I never see another youtube film of a bearded kidult ranting from his toy filled rubber room, for or against any of these films - I think my digestion and overall mental health will probably improve.

I prefer some of the anonymous beautiful fan art in all media, or the warm feeling I get when stumbling across some random PT love on the net, or see some lego film a kid has made or indeed reading some of the well reasoned posts here - until they are piled on and squashed as every haters 'someone has posted something positive about the PT somewhere on the internet' app starts beeping.

9. SW Saga Fan

Apr 19, 2015
    Here's an excellent article, a must-read!

And I really liked the author's response to people when they are yelling "George Lucas raped my childhood!" in the 7th paragraph:

Link: http://www.therobotsvoice.com/2014/12/daily_list_star_wars_prequels_nerds.php

10. SeventySeven

Jul 18, 2002
    Note to Disney. Disney F.F.S.

8) Kids Love Them

So, what were you saying Simon about Lucas the killer? Sorry, how old are you?

11. SW Saga Fan

Apr 19, 2015

"People hate what they don't understand" - Martha Kent in Man of Steel.

12. {Quantum/MIDI}

{Quantum/MIDI} Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2015

Bleh, still thinks that TCW anakin is better than HC. Still glad that people are praising this more and more though.

ConservativeJedi321 and AshiusX like this.
  13. JEDI-RISING

Apr 15, 2005
    i came across one on youtube the other day. girl said she was defending, proceeded to use the f-word, so no posting here, and then went on to rip TPM and ATOC
    so not sure how that's defending them. even the comments section was 'huh?'

btw great article SW Saga Fan
    #5 i've been saying for years

14. SW Saga Fan

Apr 19, 2015
    The last sentence in #7 made me chuckle and smile when I first read it: "...don’t go out in public raving that the kiddie space adventure movies raped your childhood. Something else raped your childhood, pal, and it was the rest of your life."

I couldn't agree more with this. I think what it demonstrates is that, nowadays, people instead of getting stronger from their bitter experience in life, especially adults, are willing to go back in their soft and confortable past instead of facing the future with courage. Life is full of success and failure, it's a lesson of courage, you souldn't be crying continually about it.

JEDI-RISING and Tonyg like this.
  15. Tonyg

Tonyg Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    Some fans as Simon are still 11 years old no matter that in their ID card is written another number ;) By the way, I don't think ROTS is for kids (it is PG rated after all). Nor TESB, because cutting a limb of another person is not something that should be shown to the kids. Especially when the same person is the father. But OT will never be PT and vice versa, and that is normal; the good thing is that we see in PT the same imagination and original ideas and visuals of Lucas, I would say even better than in OT.

JEDI-RISING likes this.
  16. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I'm not sure if this has been posted. If it has, sorry.

Ezon Pin and AshiusX like this.
  17. L110

L110 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 26, 2014
  18. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
  19. Alienware

Alienware Jedi Master star 3

Apr 19, 2013
    Yeah, for me it's definitely one of the top 5 articles on the matter for sure. And I've read every single one posted in this thread.

JEDI-RISING and DavBacca like this.
  20. JEDI-RISING

Apr 15, 2005
    that article is super long and i'll have to revisit it, but i couldn't have written a better one.

Alienware likes this.
  21. SeventySeven

Jul 18, 2002
    Yip - pretty much the last word.

RE No 8 in the other article quoted above, somebody comments on this article...

“Hayden as Anakin at the end isn’t a change I agree with… But it’s one I understand. After seeing my younger sister watch Star Wars in chronological order, including Clone Wars, the ending had an enormous impact. Hayden’s Anakin was her hero and she finally got to see him return to the side of good. The ending was incredible to her and it really made me appreciate it a lot more too. When you look at something through the eyes of a child, it’s an incredible thing to see.”

I never saw it like that, despite being a fan and happy with the change. It just gets deeper and deeper.

22. L110

L110 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 26, 2014
    lbr789, Tonyg and earlchinna like this.
  23. xezene

xezene Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    I feel obliged to drop this here due to this (unintentional) prompt. I think you are right. I scoured the internet for some interesting quotes regarding Lucas' ideas for the ST last year and I found this. Just dropping this here for people to think about. It's nifty see how he mentions the core ideas of the PT before he made them. Also kind of cool to see how thematic he plotted it all out -- which is the real meat of any story, and in my opinion what TFA lacked but the prequels had in abundance -- and I would have loved to see his auteuristic vision of TFA, after having seen his prequel visions...

Here's some interesting quotes about what Lucas would have liked to do with the sequel trilogy if he had ever gone and made them. It sounds like he never really spent much time on it past the general outlines, so he's being honest when he says he didn't have complete stories for them at the time. But these are interesting quotes on his ideas for the themes nonetheless. Most quotes are from the 80s/early 90s:

"The prequel stories exist — where Darth Vader came from, the whole story about Darth and Ben Kenobi — and it all takes place before Luke was born. The other one — what happens to Luke afterward — is much more ethereal. I have a tiny notebook full of notes on that. If I’m really ambitious, I could proceed to figure out what would have happened to Luke.

It would be about the rebuilding of the Republic, the necessity for moral choices and the wisdom needed to distinguish right from wrong. So the sequels, the three films that would follow Jedi, are considerably vaguer.

If the first trilogy [I,II, III] is social and political and talks about how society evolves, Star Wars [IV, V, VI] is more about personal growth and self realization, and the third [VII, VIII, IX] deals with moral and philosophical problems... The sequel is about Jedi knighthood, justice, confrontation, and passing on what you have learned."
    -- George Lucas, at various points

He also refers to them at different points as 'the mysterious other Star Wars movies' and claims R2-D2 and C-3PO would be the only ones to make it through the whole 9 movies. The sequel trilogy seems to have centered more on vague themes of spirituality and wisdom. [It is my speculation perhaps this is why Lucas had such a hand in the last Yoda arc of the Clone Wars show, the last remnants of what he wanted to explore.] Anyway, I just felt the need to put that out there! Carry on with this great thread. ^.^

24. jaex

jaex Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 31, 2015
    Tonyg, Alienware and JEDI-RISING like this.
  25. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    When people say Star Wars wasn't intended for kids I ask them how old they were when they first saw it.

A good 95% of the time they were the target demographic. That is why Nostalgia levels for them are so high, and people get so hot headed over them.

The only exception I MIGHT think of is episode III cause ain't no way in hell is that a full blown kids film.

Huttese 101, mes520 and Alienware like this.