main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Making My Day! - Pro-Prequel Articles

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Jarren_Lee-Saber, Dec 10, 2014.

1. SW Saga Fan

SW Saga Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2015
    Lol! [face_laugh]

Shamear likes this.
  2. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Movies.ie did a Best Frenemies in Movies list in light of Captain America: Civil War.

Huttese 101 likes this.
  3. mes520

Nov 3, 2012
    The Case for More Padme Amidala

xezene, Ezon Pin and Valiowk like this.
  4. {Quantum/MIDI}

{Quantum/MIDI} Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2015

Some of this I do not agree. We knew plenty of her from AOTC and TPM. Her ideals, her path...We knew who Padme was. She was very well written in that regard.

But one thing they are right on, Padme was shafted from the EU and all materials..

Nothing from her at all. Not adventure stories or stories period...In a sense, it's very metaphorical for her just like in ROTS of her death...

Tonyg and Jarren_Lee-Saber like this.
  5. Jarren_Lee-Saber

Jarren_Lee-Saber Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2008
    But we got a lot of her in The Clone Wars

KidNylo likes this.
  6. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
  7. AshiusX

AshiusX Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 7, 2016

http://thepsychologyofdarthvader.tu...he-psychology-of-darth-vader-entry-two-august

8. mes520

Nov 3, 2012

I disagree. Maybe in the early seasons, but in season 5, she was only in the last episode. Then, one arc in season 6 and it involved Clovis and that whole love triangle. Plus I don't think they did her justice with her wearing that outfit to dinner with Clovis.

QuangoFett and Force Smuggler like this.
  9. Cyreides

Cyreides Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 19, 2014
    I just watched the episode last night and when he started to mention it I was expecting to be pissed off by the end of his little comparison. Glad to see the writers didn't go for it and slip in some kind of insult...

10. mes520

Nov 3, 2012
    Here's another one about Padme and the what seems to be a growing campaign for more of her. :padme:

Star Wars: Bloodline shows why we’re ready for prequel-era Padme stories

Alienware, Iron_lord and AshiusX like this.
  11. AshiusX

AshiusX Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 7, 2016
    The best analysis of Anakin's fall so far I've seen.

http://daretotouchthebutt.blogspot.com/2014/08/anakin-skywalker-slavethe-victim-killer.html

Alienware and Valiowk like this.
  12. JoshieHewls

JoshieHewls Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 16, 2013
    Not necessarily an article, but Ewan McGregor goes on the record saying that he's happy with the prequels.

13. JoshieHewls

JoshieHewls Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 16, 2013
    Another day, another person close to Lucasfilm being positive about the prequels. Here's what J.W. Rinzler (author of the Making of... books) has to say:

14. trikadekaphile

trikadekaphile Jedi Knight star 2

May 6, 2015
    In the most recent issue of "People," Ewan McGregor has a small Q&A on the final page, in which he relates how he nearly got into a traffic accident and yelled out the car window at the other driver, "You almost ran us off the road!" and he heard the other driver say, "I just got yelled at by Obi Wan Kenobi!" Ewan said that was "great." Kind of an odd bit of positivity toward the prequels, but a bit of positivity nonetheless. Someone recognized Ewan as Obi Wan and said so.

MarcJordan, JoshieHewls and mes520 like this.
  15. Big_Benn_Klingon

Big_Benn_Klingon Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2013
  16. xezene

xezene Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    Let's see: retelling the long-awaited backstory of one of the most famous characters in all of pop culture, depicting his fall from grace, told as an adaptation of Goethe's Faust and retelling of the fall of democracy and the rise of tyranny of the Weimar (German) and Roman Republics, all put through a blender of dazzling imagery, injected with elements directly inspired by some of the greatest works of world film, literature, and painting in all of history, to the tune of Wagnerian epic tragedy? Yeah. Yeah, it might be the greatest work of art in our lifetimes.

(As a side-note I think the vast majority of films today say (or attempt to say) less than a tenth of what Revenge of the Sith says. It may have the largest scope of any movie I've seen since 2001. Perhaps only Metropolis is in the same league, from the silent era.)

SuperPersch, jimkenobi and Alienware like this.
  17. xezene

Jan 6, 2016
    Also, not exactly pro-prequel, but a great analysis of current fandom which certainly applies to Star Wars fandom and the reaction to the prequels. You could argue Star Wars just preempted what is now very common. Here:

Fandom is Broken | BirthMoviesDeath

18. SW Saga Fan

SW Saga Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2015
    Not a 100% pro-PT article, but it's an interesting one: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...but-they-predicted-our-current-political-era/

AshiusX likes this.
  19. JediChipKelly

JediChipKelly Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 3, 2016
    Actually, I think Biff from Back to the Future II more resembles Donald Trump, not only in likeliness but personality. Remember when Biff became filthy rich from Marty leaving the sports book in the future, and ends up controlling the whole city. On the outside, he was beloved by the people as he came off as nice guy. But behind the scenes, he was a real son of a b****.

Trust me, go back and watch Back to the Future II and Biff is Donald Trump, or Donald Trump is Biff..... [face_laugh]

[​IMG]

earlchinna and AshiusX like this.
  20. xezene

Jan 6, 2016
    An old review from '99, when The Phantom Menace was released. This reviewer really loved the film.

Star Wars Episode I – The Phantom Menace review: 'daring and beautiful' -- The Telegraph

21. Tonyg

Tonyg Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    And after that Telegraph changed the reviewer and the reviews are not so good. ;) ( I read the links in the article). The funny thing is that the review of AOTC is better than that of ROTC, which is rare thing.

22. AlexDG1

AlexDG1 Jedi Youngling

Jun 13, 2016
    I enjoyed his analysis of TPM, even though at times he does get a bit....strident.

23. xezene

Jan 6, 2016
    For their Retrozap feature Power to the Prequels, Michael O'Connor has written a piece about Anakin:

I, Anakin

jimkenobi and mes520 like this.
  24. BrettFarkas

BrettFarkas Jedi Youngling

Jun 1, 2016

Jar Jar was a great idea. George made a lot of unique choices with the character.

xezene, AshiusX, Valiowk and 2 others like this.
  25. jaex

jaex Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 31, 2015
    Why I love the ‘Star Wars’ prequels (and you should too)

“Blame Internet outrage or peer pressure or how excited we are for the new installments in the series, but just as nostalgia has inflated the original trilogy to near mythic heights, the last decade has allowed dislike for the prequels to sour into petty disdain. And they don’t deserve it.”