main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Making My Day! - Pro-Prequel Articles

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Jarren_Lee-Saber, Dec 10, 2014.

1. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Props for being unapologetic about it.

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  2. SW Saga Fan

SW Saga Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2015
  3. PodracingSkywalker

PodracingSkywalker Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 1, 2014
    There's a magazine that caught my eye today, published by Total Film / sfx called : George Lucas - The ultimate celebration - filled with fun stuff....until you get to the Prequels, where it's the same old bashing time and time again. Hayden's acting. Jar Jar. CGI. The dialogue. You know, as if it's entirely impossible for any magazine to just not bring up being as negative as humanly possible when it comes to these flicks. Whatever. Buuuuuut here's a positive:

Here's Ewan on TPM:

[​IMG]

KidNylo, Evening Star, xezene and 8 others like this.
  4. SW Saga Fan

Apr 19, 2015

Yup! As Ewan said, the media always like to exaggerate things!

5. SW Saga Fan

Apr 19, 2015
    xezene likes this.
  6. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    Great.

Now I only wish he'd turn heel.

His face time is over.

Time to be a bad guy.

He can always redeem himself later.

7. Tonyg

Tonyg Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    I have the bad feeling ;) that after one or 2 Disney SW movies these kind of articles would become more frequent. ;)

8. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    Wow, this is the best article I've read to date about what should be the primary argument for the prequels: Not everyone loves them, but they deserve appreciation. Discussion, not dismissal.

9. SW Saga Fan

Apr 19, 2015
    Jarren_Lee-Saber and Tonyg like this.
  10. Visivious Drakarn

Visivious Drakarn Jedi Master star 3

Apr 20, 2013
    This is not a pro-prequel article, not even 1%.

How can I take into consideration a piece of text written by a man who prefers TFA to the best thing that ever happened to SW universe?

I know we're minority, but we're not desperate to cling to every piece of faeces that ''defends'' the PT we find on the net.

First, ScreenRant? [face_shame_on_you] Their pathetic need to bash the PT is well known.

Second, the PT doesn't need to be defended. Now, had they used their creative skills to film reviews of the OT and TFA - Stoklasa style, that would've been something worth watching.

Deliveranze and Jarren_Lee-Saber like this.
  11. Alienware

Alienware Jedi Master star 3

Apr 19, 2013
    Maybe, but I don't think that's what this documentary is solely about. I believe it's more of a discussion that takes many views into consideration.

12. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    I like how the Prequels Strike Back trailer ends "Why are we complaining about this?"

Indeed why?

13. SW Saga Fan

Apr 19, 2015

Because some people can't just let it go, almost 20 years after the release of TPM...

They really should follow the advice of a Disney song that once said: "Let it go! Let it go!" :p

14. DarkMark

DarkMark Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 6, 2002
  15. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    Here's the first eleven minutes from THE PREQUELS STRIKE BACK and there's already a good bit to chew on.

16. Darth Basin

Aug 15, 2015
  17. Alienware

Alienware Jedi Master star 3

Apr 19, 2013
    Nice, but you just know why they had to disable comments and ratings. :rolleyes:

And I don't blame them.

Great write-up!

18. Jarren_Lee-Saber

Jarren_Lee-Saber Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2008
    oh that was so good! I want more! (the full video is not available in my country)

I wish they didn't. Of course the PT haters would be out in full force, but right now more than any time is when the PT fans are finally speaking out. They need comments!

Deliveranze likes this.
  19. SW Saga Fan

Apr 19, 2015
    If you have contributed to the project, you can have a free view of the documentary (an e-mail would be sent to you). Since I've contributed to the making of the documentary, I could watch the documentary and the only thing I can say is that it's very good!

It takes a fair view and analysis on both the prequel and original trilogy. There were also a couple of funny moments (like with Kevin Smith)!

Jarren_Lee-Saber and Deliveranze like this.
  20. Darth Basin

Aug 15, 2015
    Kevin Smith is alot like GL. Always changing his mind. Sometimes in a good way. Sometimes less so.

21. Jarren_Lee-Saber

Apr 16, 2008
    Where can I contribute?

22. mikeximus

mikeximus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2012

I can say, from looking at his wiki page, I've never seen any of his movies. None of them ever seemed interesting to me. However, I have seen his show comic book men, and it's an annoying show for me. I did watch a lecture that Smith gave somewhere at sometime and he was talking about when he was writing Super Man, how the producer wanted a huge spider at the end to fight Super Man. Well the Producer didn't get his way as I think the project was cancelled (and Smith was pretty much fired) but Smith talked about a movie called Wild Wild West and how there was a huge mechanical spider at the end... And sure enough it was the same producer. It was a story that was good for a laugh!

But yeah.. To me... Kevin Smith who and why is he even relevant...

23. SW Saga Fan

Apr 19, 2015
    The donations are finished since last year.

24. PodracingSkywalker

PodracingSkywalker Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 1, 2014

Yup. I'd say even worse though, since he changes his opinions on what is hot. For (starting in 99') 16 years he absolutely adored the Prequels. Even made a name that made fun of those who didn't. TFA comes out..."oh, well I mean I loved it because it's Star Wars..."....then less than a year later, "I love the Prequels, man!"

25. Jarren_Lee-Saber

Apr 16, 2008
    Wait, so I can never see the doc unless I donated LAST YEAR? :'(