main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Making Of A Master,Molding Of A Soul Q/O[ complete ]6/17

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by ewen, Jun 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    This story has been rolling around in my mind,later in my computer for a long time.I thought I would try it out on you.Let me know what you think. I will rework it and send it tomorrow.The force and the council demands QGJ take a child to train whose force has been put under control. He will have none until QGJ deems him safe to have it back. Spoilers,maybe one for AOTC,but small. I don?t own Obi, Qui, or any other Star War character, George does. I just put some life into them. I make no money from the stories, only George can. PEACE Ewen

2. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Here is my first FF.I make no money
    George,just put a little life in our boys.

Qui-Gon stands in the gardens of the temple waiting for Master Yoda. He has been quite content just traveling and doing his work for the Jedi. He has no wish to return to the temple. The hurt he feels is too much to bear. Has it really been only 5 years since his apprentice, Xanatos turned to the dark side? Yes, and even with the passing time, the temple could bring him no solace. Yoda approaches the tall master.

?Here me you did not?. Slipping your training must be.? Qui perked up at the sound of his beloved master. Well one of his masters, his training was finished by Master Dooku, but Yoda his beloved first master always held a place in his heart. Qui:? Sorry My master, I was deep in thought.?

?Dwell in the past you should not Qui-Gon. Fail you still do to see turning to the dark side your padawan did, no fault to you.? ?Oh, so easy to say. I am weary Master, but still I seek missions. This temple holds no peace for me.

?The temple you will not have to stay for long. Have a job for you the council does. Promising child we have, but problem he could be?.

Qui, {shaking his head} ?Oh, no master I am not ready for a padawan. I thought I had made myself quite clear on that, the last time we talked.?

?Clear you made yourself, but request this is not.?

Qui, ?Surely you do not plan to force me to take a padawan??

Yoda, is almost glaring at his old apprentice. ?Will of the force it is, request the council does not make, A demand it is.

?Qui shoots back, ?Just who is this amazing child that needs my attention??

Yoda, ?remember do you a knight your age she was, named Ra?Lene??

?Yes, if I remember right she, like my padawan turned to the dark side.?

Yoda {pounding his stick on the ground} ?Turn to the dark she did not. Her mistake only was to fall in love with someone of the Dark side.?

?OOOH! So you call falling in love with Dark Sidious not turning?? Qui replied.

?Good person she was, misguided she also was. Lost her life she did to bring her child to the temple, when realized what plans the father held for their son.?

Qui ventures to ask, ?Just what plans were those exactly??

?To make his son the apprentice. Always two there are. High in midiclorians he is, confused he also is. He does not know what evil his father does. Blocked his force abilities we have until proper training can be done.?

?You want me to train a boy in the Jedi ways with blocked force abilities? This should be interesting." The big Jedi master sounds astounded.

?Interesting it may be but hard it will also be."

"I would say impossible,? quipped Jinn.

?Hope for your sake impossible it will not be. Dying wish of Knight Ra?Lene, train him you should. Admired you she did. Fairness she saw in you.? Yoda showing Qui-Gon he could be just as short tempered.

?Dying wish you say? Well I am sorry but I will not do it.?

Yoda, ?afraid I am, request this is not. You will meet with the boy tomorrow. The Council feels right it is. You take him immediately with you on your missions, learn his ways you will, learn your ways he will also. After control of him you have then you will bring him back to the temple to train and given back his force ablities he will be.?

Qui is fuming but knows he can?t turn this down if it is a demand from the entire Council. Qui: ?Fine, fine, it will not last long. Fairness, Knight Ra?Lene might have seen when I was younger, but so much witnessing of the dark side has hardened me. I am sure you will see that there will be too much evil in this child and trained he can not be. Yes, maybe I can spare the six months or so to prove my point. Evidently you do not trust him, to put the force inhibitor on him.? Yoda: ?Repeat it I will, not about trust it is, confused he is, thinks we take him from his family he does. Blame us he does for his beloved mot

3. sheleigh

sheleigh Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    *jaw drops* Okay, ewen, that was awesome... there's more right??? If not... that was still awesome! Thanks for sharing it! :D

4. Ganki

Ganki Jedi Master star 3

Jan 27, 2002
    WOW that was great/amazing.breath taking/alot more adjetives! ^_^

Really I can't wait till more! I wanna see Obi and Qui get together!

Please more soon! UP

5. Angel_Skywalker

Angel_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 10, 2002
    Interesting idea! Obi without the force and confused, not trusting the jedi, and Qui-Gon, still hurt not trusting Obi-Wan. I can´t wait for more! PLEASE continue soon!

Angel

6. jedi7

jedi7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    Well Qui's gonna have to learn not to blame himself for the sins of his former apprentice, and not to blame Obi for the sins of his parents. I forsee many wonderful posts in the future {hint, hint} :) 7

7. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Thanx for the response.I will post again later today.This story is kinda long,but once I started, it just became too long to be anything less than a short novel.Things just have to be explained and fit like a puzzle before the outcome is revealed.Later guys!!!!!!PEACE Ewen

8. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    I will post later.PEACE Ewen

9. sheleigh

Jan 31, 2002
    up!! Ewen, post soon??? Please!!

10. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Warnings: The beginning relationship of Q/O is not a good one. There will be mention of getting put across ones knee
    and while not abusive with Obi, Qui, at least for now is not
    so gentle with him. But remember, this is me, and I love
    mush!!!!! Only later.

The next morning in Council Chambers????????????

Mace looks into the eyes of his best and most trusted friend,
    Qui-Gon Jinn. ?I understand that Master Yoda has extended
    our request to you, Master Jinn??

?If it is only a request you make, then I suppose I stand before
    you to turn down your request and make a one of my own.I
    need a mission, preferably now. I would like to leave the temple
    as soon as possible.?

Yoda,?impatient you are my old apprentice, know you, do not a
    request we make. Suppose I must, that Master Mace is trying not
    to bruise your ego he is. Demand, it is.? Clearly Yoda is in a foul
    mood. He knows very well that he stated to Jinn last night demand
    it was.

?If you must be difficult, my old friend, then yes it is a demand. Do
    not blame all of this on your old master. Not only he sees it through
    the force, but I did as well.?

Mace speaking with as much compassion
    as he can to his friend, knowing the trials he has gone through with his
    old apprentice.

Jinn curling his upper lip into almost a smirk; ?Now who is being diffi-
    cult my ?Old? friend. You know my wishes, I want no more apprentices.?

Yoda, [tapping his stick several times to the floor with as much impatience
    as the old Jedi can muster] ?Apprentice you do not want, we know.
    Apprentice you will have though. A mission we have for you today.?

Jinn: ? I do very much want to leave this temple, only not with a Sith child
    in tow.?

{Jinn stands before his peers, letting each and everyone of them
    know his thoughts with only his piercing blue eyed glare and his intimi-
    dating stance.

Yoda."difficult you are being now, but conversation over it is. Ready you
    are to meet your new apprentice??

The tall master, looks first to Mace, who casts him a look of sympathy,
    then to his little green troll of a master: ?Yes bring the boy in.? With a wave
    of his hand, ?Yes, get it over with so I can leave and that quirk of a smile on
    your face will also you, my old master. Nothing amusing about this.I will not disobey you, if you truly feel this is a call of the
    force demanding me to take this boy and not some ?DYING? wish of a grief stricken woman."

Mace releases the deep sigh he has been holding. He knows that Master
    Jinn, although being their best and most honorable master, can be
    difficult when he wants to be and stubborn too. Glancing at a padawan,
    he waves his hand,?Bring the child, Obi-Wan Kenobi in. You will find
    him sitting in the hall.?

Jinn stands in silence, almost able to here the silent well oiled door of the
    chambers open, instantly and without even knowing what is happening
    a force aura is wraps around him, almost to the point it smothers him
    as he stands before the Council. It is necessary for him to take a deep
    breath, raising his shields, making them as tight as he can to block the
    aura and still he can feel it, although much less.

From his right side where the aura seems to be coming from, comes a
    weak
    timid voice?You wish to see me masters??

Immediately Master Jinns head snaps up and dares a glance at the
    meek little voice never dreaming a ?Sith? child,as he called it, can sound so
    timid.

There, before him stood a scrawny little boy. Wi

11. sheleigh

Jan 31, 2002
    Qui-Gon Jinn! THE BOY IS A CHILD! *whacks Qui* As for Obi-Wan *speaking gently* he is your Master, you should respect him... *whacks Qui-Gon again*

Loved it, ewen! Can we expect more soon??

12. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Qui-Gon Jinn and his new padawan sit on a large public transport ship headed for the planet Alderaan. Jinn is reading his datapad with the information he needs for this mission. Well, one could hardly call it a mission .His duty is to represent the Jedi in a Blessing ceremony of the birth of the King and Queens second child. Indeed, Qui is almost a little pleased at going and suspects his master Yoda has something to do with it. King Marcus Organa is his oldest friend .He stood for him in his marriage to the queen,Queen Riza. He had also been there for the christening of their first son and next in line for the throne, Prince Bail Organa.

Yes, this will be a happy reunion. Pinching his nose with his thumb and forefinger,Qui feels the thug of the force again, making him look over at the ?little thorn? in his side. Well, this will be an almost happy occasion, only marred by the child who sits curiously watching the various species on the transport. Little wonder, Obi-Wan knows little or nothing of any of these people. Sheltered by the sith he calls father. Not even realizing there is a world around him.

Obi sits looking in awe, wondering what mission the council has for them. Well he could do little , remembering with the tug of emptiness in his head and heart. He has no force.What was the council thinking. His mother had trained him in ways of the Jedi behind the fathers back .He had been an expert with his mothers light saber. Now nothing, The emptiness of not having the force brought pain to the child. He has been fighting waves of dizziness and a queasy stomach. His mothers light saber, now in the trusted hands of master Yoda for safe keeping . Yoda has explained to him that one day when this trial was over and the force given back to him he will make his own. Obi thinks that just maybe with this master, that day will never come. Did Jinn even want him to be a Jedi, he wonders. His thoughts are broken up with a nudge to his ribs.

?Try not to stare so much please?. Qui spoke softly, bending down to the boys ear. ?There are some on this ship who would like nothing better than to slit your throat just because you are here.?

?Does that include you Master Jinn??
    Obi speaks with anger still in his voice, but yet not brave enough to look into his masters eyes,but neither did he turn away .He has learned his lesson.

Jinn-replies,?no, not really. I think I can prove my point without having served your head to the council on a silver platter. Here, do something for a change. You need to know about Alderaan and its people. We will representing the Jedi at the christening of King and Queens Organa second borne. They have a son a few years older than you, Bail. Here read it know it.I just might ask you some questions later. This is a only a days journey?.

The journey goes well. Well considering both Master and apprentice could not stand each others company. The illness for Obi continues. While he does not mention it to Master Jinn.The master seems to sense a problem with the boy. Although it tugs at his mind,he refuses to listen and makes no mention of it.

Two days into their stay with the Queen and King, Obis? sickness continues, maybe even getting worse. Jinn now can not ignore the fact that the boy has eaten very little. He did seem to enjoy staying at the castle and did do some exploring with 14 year old Bail showing him around. Bail took an instant liking to the boy, but after Qui-Gon explains to the King who Obi wis, Bail has been kept away from the young Jedi.

A sharp pain of guilt registers in the Masters very being when he thinks of what he has done, but he reasons that the King has a right to know. Who knew what the Sith ch

13. Angel_Skywalker

Angel_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 10, 2002
    Great posts! Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan are cute tohether, even when they are fighting. The stupid master only sees a Sith cild, but Obi is in the first place a confused child.

NEED MORE SOON !!!!

Angel

14. TheSwedishJedi

TheSwedishJedi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 15, 2001
    Sweet, ewen. When I saw your name on the boards I couldn't believe that you had written something. This is really cool though. Poor obi, having his dad being Sid and all. I'm not going to yell at Qui or anything because, as you said, there's going to be mush. And if there is mush, all can be forgiven. :D Besides, an angry, stubborn Qui-Gon is more anguisy then a nice, caring one.

~Swede :p

15. shanobi

shanobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    **squeals with delight** :)

Oh this is absolutely wonderful ewen! I was so surprised when i saw your name on the boards too, i know my jaw dropped :D

Oh, you do angst very well. I'm just loving to hate Qui right now...the bastard.

And Obi, what a smart mouth you have :) You're just protecting yourself though, aren't you, baby?

Great plot. Sideous as Obi's dad, Obi cut off from the force...Oh! So much angst and mush potential. And quick posts too. Will that be the norm by the way?

I'm am so adding you to my watched users list! :)

16. sheleigh

Jan 31, 2002
    Yes! Another update from ewen! :D

Grr... Qui-Gon *whack* stupid person... Obi-Wan's sick... and you're worried abour yourself? *whacks again*

Hmm... hope to see more soon!

17. Cascadia

Cascadia Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    This is a different idea for a plot. And how dare Qui think of Obi as a 'Sith child'. He's much too sweet for that. :D

18. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Thanx for the replies. Coming from some of the best Q/O writers on the boards,I will take them as a compliment.

Right now I have to beta a story for a friend, but I will have a post ready today.Just have to do grammar and spell check,then to you.

Just remember I love H/C with accent on comfort.Mush,mush,mush,I never get enough of it.

PEACE Ewen

19. sheleigh

Jan 31, 2002
    Mush.... [face_love]

Simply here to up in hopes of a post! :D

20. CYNICAL21

CYNICAL21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    Very revealing - and thoroughly indicative of the compassionate, supportive nature of the Master Jedi.

Any grown man - regardless of his political, religious, or ethnic affiliation - who can tell a child that he is worthless - and that there is no hope of changing that - isn't worth the necessary verbiage to send him merrily on his way to that place to which the roads are paved with good intentions.

Ciao - and enjoy your journey, as I will enjoy mine.

21. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    For anyone who might be upset over Quis' evil attitude about Obi,keep in mind you were warned.

Someone alluded to the fact it did not seem right for the Jedi master to call Obi worthless,he didn't.I think if I remember correctly,he said,unworthy,not worthless. Same "root" word,but definetly different meanings.Just keeping the records straight.

You must remember the pain and hurt Xanatos has caused him.

By time for last meal, Obi ?Wan felt a little better and had gotten up and showered.

?Good, glad to see you up. We are to have dinner with the King and Queen to discuss the ceremony. It is only two days away. Feeling better??

?Yes Master .I have even finished half of my assignments you gave me.? Obi dared to glance up to see his Masters head slightly cocked and his pensive glaze directed at him.

?I will check them after dinner, when we have returned to our room. The rest you can finish tomorrow. Come on now, so we will not be late.?

As they are just about to enter the dining hall, where muffled sounds of laughter and merriment can be heard, Qui-Gon takes Obi by the arm:

?While I don?t expect you to eat a lot, I will expect you to eat what I have put on my plate.?

?Master, I think I am old enough to put my own food on my plate and decide how much of it to put.? Obi managed to stammer out."

While he truly did not want another confrontation with his master, he also did not want to feel like a baby in front of the King, but especially in front of Bail.

?Must everything be an argument with you padawan?? Very well, but if enough food is not put there by you, you just might find yourself very embarrassed. Is that understood??

?Yes master,? came a quick reply.

At the dining table?????.

?Hope you are feeling better Obi-Wan?" Queen Riza, voicing her concern for the young Jedi. Obi, hanging his head staring at his food: ?Oh, yes your highness, thank you.?

Qui-Gon reaches over and placing his hand under the boys chin, raises the boys face.?It is impolite not to face the Queen when she is speaking.?

?Oh?, embarrassed look to the Queen,{ It seemed he could do nothing for for ?THIS? man} ?Please forgive me I did not know.?

?Oh dear boy pay no attention to your master. He was not always such a stiff shirt.?

?No,? I could tell you some stories about your master, when he and I were young and of course I was unattached.? The comical mirth could be heard seeping through the Kings voice.

"Tell us Father, I am sure Obi and I would enjoy it.? Quipped young Bail.

Qui, Smiling, ?I am sure you could your majesty, tell many a story, but Obi has to return to our room and study.?

Without thinking: ?But master, you said I could study tomorrow.? Obi, caught up in the excitement of the moment.

Sile

22. Cascadia

Cascadia Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Oh, this isn't boring, ewen . The anger and conflict between Obi and Qui is very engrossing. :)

23. sheleigh

Jan 31, 2002
    Nothing boring about this, ewen! Qui-Gon... seems so heartless... it was nice seeing the King and Queen setting him straight.

As for Obi-Wan... poor kid...

more soon? :D

24. jedi7

jedi7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    I feel sorry for Qui also, he's missing out on a great kid, just because of Xanatos, it all boils down to what Xanatos didto him and his guilt. IMO :) definitly not boring! 7

25. shanobi

shanobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    Boring? Puleeze! :)

Oh, that scene at the table was just heartbreaking. So glad the king and the queen spoke their minds to Qui. Too bad they didn't flog him :mad: :D

Redeeming Qui after that is going to be a little tricky, can't wait to see how you handle it.

That was a 10 on the angst scale, pretty good for no torture(not asking for any either). Keep up the good work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.